The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Drugs- Your Experiences?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 340
Original post by dan673
I think anyone that had looked into it in advance would find it difficult to not be a little nervous/anxious before they took it. Unless the nervousness/anxiousness is related to something else, as long as it's a moderate dose they're taking they should be fine. Though some meditation before, and/or some time to wait and relax (to not feel rushed) would be beneficial.

I agree with this, as when I first took MDMA I was nervous because I'd looked into all the risks, chances of deaths and bad stories to make sure I was prepared if anything went wrong. Thankfully you can't really (that I've heard of, at least with pure uncut MDMA) have a bad trip on it I was fine but I can understand why it could lead to a bad trip on acid. Although I do remember a story of a girl dying because she'd read you have to keep yourself hydrated on MDMA - what she didn't read is that is only suitable advice for people dancing and running around a lot on it whose body temperature will increase. She took a ridiculous amount of liquids (like, over four litres) and unfortunately didn't make it. But it's difficult because at the same time I still do think it's very important to look into what you're going to be taking and its effects otherwise you could potentially be in for a nasty shock.

I think, with regards to preparing, look into it but not too much. For example skim over the good and bad effects so you know what the tone of the night will be like. These include whether it's a stimulant/psychedelic/downer/opiate, what level of dosage you'll be taking and just an overview of the most common effects. For example, imagine someone taking LSD without knowing the possibility that they might hallucinate! Another example is that not recently when I went to Cardiff with two friends and got offered coke at the back of a club, all they said was "you'll be buzzing all night". Obviously as we're not stupid enough to take drugs off randomers we didn't, but imagine if we didn't know that it would have left us craving more, would have possibly made us aggressive in a public place, leaves an awful drip etc. and had took it, then it would have been an awful situation.
Original post by g_star_raw_1989
Well, DMT is naturally released by the brain (which means that everyone is in possession of a class A drug lol) during dreaming, and before you die. Although, I've read this I don't know if it is scientifically proven.

However, on said trip I did have a kind of "your life flashes before your eyes moment' in very intense detail then after that I thought I was dead. Like literally, I didn't know anything about myself; not even know whether I was male or female lol.

Yeah, the dreaming thing is at this point speculation. But the brain contains everything it needs to produce DMT, and the fact that our brains respond to it begs the question of if there's a use for it (much like how canabinoids bind to cannabinoid receptors, and opioids bind to opioid receptors). So it's mostly speculation, but an educated one.

I've had that same sensation on salvia, however it's too dirty of a drug to want to get on that level again. :P Was your experience very visual?
Original post by WhatsHisFace
Yeah, the dreaming thing is at this point speculation. But the brain contains everything it needs to produce DMT, and the fact that our brains respond to it begs the question of if there's a use for it (much like how canabinoids bind to cannabinoid receptors, and opioids bind to opioid receptors). So it's mostly speculation, but an educated one.

I've had that same sensation on salvia, however it's too dirty of a drug to want to get on that level again. :P Was your experience very visual?

Yeah, it was very visual. At first, it was just like the walls were pulsating with the beat if the music, furniture was melting and everything was just very colourful and there was just like a kaleidoscope like patterns everywhere.

As it got more intense, I could see memories played out like a film in very, very intense detail. Was crazy man.
Yeah, it was very visual. At first, it was just like the walls were pulsating with the beat if the music, furniture was melting and everything was just very colourful and there was just like a kaleidoscope like patterns everywhere.

As it got more intense, I could see memories played out like a film in very, very intense detail. Was crazy man.

Crazy haha. I've tried psychedelics twice but never saw this melting thing that many speak of, however I don't think that's really a common effect off of 2.5 grams of mushies. Altered colour perception can be very beautiful thing. :smile:
Original post by WhatsHisFace
Crazy haha. I've tried psychedelics twice but never saw this melting thing that many speak of, however I don't think that's really a common effect off of 2.5 grams of mushies. Altered colour perception can be very beautiful thing. :smile:

Yeah, I only got those intense visuals when I was thinking about having them beforehand. I get the impression that psychedelics take you in the the direction you will them to, hence why if you're anxious or scared a bad trip will result. Ego loss is the craziest experience you could ever imagine.

Quite amazing what the brain is capable of.
Yeah, I only got those intense visuals when I was thinking about having them beforehand. I get the impression that psychedelics take you in the the direction you will them to, hence why if you're anxious or scared a bad trip will result. Ego loss is the craziest experience you could ever imagine.

Quite amazing what the brain is capable of.

Quite agree on all your points. The first time I had taken mushrooms, I had the nerves throughout the entire day, and then when it came down to taking them, I guess you could say I basically forced myself into a positive mood. Best night ever.:biggrin:
Reply 346
Original post by glousck
Can I just say about the bit in bold - anyone who thinks drug-users are irresponsible, please read this. This is an example of some-one being cautious, preparing beforehand, analysing whether they are mentally prepared for taking lsd and someone who's clearly planning to research into it before they take it. This is what I wish all people who use any drug were like, as the likelihood of decriminlising them would be so much higher once the government see they can be treated with respect. Unfortunately you will always get irresponsible idiots who take anything they're offered without knowing what it is (e.g. people filming themselves taking ridiculous doses of salvia and putting it on youtube). So well done for being an example of the side of people who are responsible drug users.

Anyway, just thought I'd give you some advice with LSD. This might be kind of long, sorry but hopefully it helps :colondollar:

1. Even if you are preparing to take it on a day with people, have prepared and looked into it in advance but feel nervous/anxious on the day - DO NOT take it. Your mindset is the most important thing in determining the nature of a trip an although 'bad trips' are often a lot more rare than made out to be, it's important to be aware that you could have intense anxious feelings of anxiety for 12+ hours. On the other side, go into it with a positive and calm mind and you will potentially have one of the best nights of your life. If you are a naturally anxious person then maybe spend the day with close friends or people who are good at making you laugh and who don't take themselves too seriously.

2. Wait 2-4 hours for it to kick in. This can be annoying, but if you're at the point where anything hasn't happened after 3 hours and take another tab for the sake of it this could turn out to be a lot more intense than you first planned.

3. If you do take it and the hallucinations/visuals get too intense then make sure you have some sunglasses ready as this really does help decrease this part of the trip.

4. Take it in a place where you feel comfortable with people you're comfortable with. Set and setting are important to make sure you have an amazing time and get the best out of LSD. It's better to do it with people in case anything does go wrong than by yourself, at least for the first time.

5. You probably already know this if you've taken other stuff like MDMA before to keep the next day empty.

6. There isn't really a comedown, psychedelics in general simply lose their intensity as the hours pass. You might feel a bit washed out at the end and won't be able to do much productive work the next day but that's about it.

7. The main effects are on erowid, as well as experiences so if you want all the effects info that's the best site for it.

8. Don't do it in too much of a public place, as (a) the crowds of people might be intimidating and overwhelming and (b) your pupils will dilate and it'll be obvious you're on something which might make you paranoid.

9. Have an amazing time having your mind blown, conversations and thoughts happening that wouldn't if you were sober, amazing visuals and songs sounding completely revolutionary and like you're hearing them for the first time but 10x better. :biggrin:

Glad someone picks up that we aren't all idiots :rolleyes: None the less, thank you so much for the advice, my next opportunity to try it won't be until I'm back at university in October, however MDMA is my main priority as sadly, I am just a sucker for that love pill :biggrin: I am tempted into candy-flipping, (taking LSD with the MDMA) as the MDMA will surely leave me in an amazing mood which should boost the effects of the LSD? Or would you recommend doing it separately first?

Not going to lie, that sunglasses advice I'm definitely holding on to, especially since at work today my co-worker was telling me how he was having a bad trip about a huge white rabbit with fangs chasing him :colondollar: Would you say to take it after a particular length of time from MDMA? I keep mandy as a once a month treat to keep tolerance down, would you suggest the same about LSD?

Sorry for the questions, it's hard to find people who are wised up on it compared to other drugs. :smile:
I've never drank alcohol or smoked nor taken any sort of other recreational drugs. I probably never will, I've just not had the desire to mess with my body (or brain chemical) balance in anyway by trying out any of these.

And I mean never, not even a drop of alcohol. If you can believe it. I probably never will.

I must be the most boring person ever :frown:.

On the plus side though, I'm for legalizing most recreational drugs, it's safer to keep them regulated then not at all.
Reply 348
Original post by Mortalengines
I've never drank alcohol or smoked nor taken any sort of other recreational drugs. I probably never will, I've just not had the desire to mess with my body (or brain chemical) balance in anyway by trying out any of these.

And I mean never, not even a drop of alcohol. If you can believe it. I probably never will.

I must be the most boring person ever :frown:.

On the plus side though, I'm for legalizing most recreational drugs, it's safer to keep them regulated then not at all.

Educated person, doesn't want to stop people doing what they want to do, all in all I wish more people had this mind frame.

Plus don't feel like you're missing out if you don't do drugs or drink, if you don't feel the desire to what are you missing out on? You won't enjoy any of them if you don't want to actually try them, it's like saying you'll never go for example hiking because you just don't see the appeal in it.

Although unless all you do is chronically masturbate in a small dark room, you can't be that boring. :awesome:
Original post by Xhotas
Educated person, doesn't want to stop people doing what they want to do, all in all I wish more people had this mind frame.

Aww thanks! I try to be open-minded, go for the rational options and put myself in other people's shoes. :wink:

Plus don't feel like you're missing out if you don't do drugs or drink, if you don't feel the desire to what are you missing out on? You won't enjoy any of them if you don't want to actually try them, it's like saying you'll never go for example hiking because you just don't see the appeal in it.

Although unless all you do is chronically masturbate in a small dark room, you can't be that boring. :awesome:

Pretty much the jist of it, I've never had an appeal for any of the stuff. I especially don't get alcohol, the stuff smells foul as it is (and most tell me it tastes it too!). I was bought up under a no alcohol roof so I guess it just stuck.

But no, I don't chronically masturbate in my room...yet anyway :colone:
Original post by Xhotas
Glad someone picks up that we aren't all idiots :rolleyes: None the less, thank you so much for the advice, my next opportunity to try it won't be until I'm back at university in October, however MDMA is my main priority as sadly, I am just a sucker for that love pill :biggrin: I am tempted into candy-flipping, (taking LSD with the MDMA) as the MDMA will surely leave me in an amazing mood which should boost the effects of the LSD? Or would you recommend doing it separately first?

For me MDMA and LSD was quite simply one of the most the most amazing, mind blowing experiences ever. It's another level of 'high'. You have to try and time it so the peaks overlap, and when they do it's simply incredible. I remember sitting in a chair in my friend's living room, staring across an ocean of swirling colours, kaleidoscopic patterns and pulsating rainbows while experiencing the most intense euphoria imaginable. I honestly felt like a god, like at that moment the physical world had become some meaningless façade and all there was was perfection and beauty. I realise it sounds like some stereotypical hippie bull****, but it's true.

However I'd still say go for the 'pure' LSD experience first, just so you know what to expect. In fact, don't even smoke weed with it. Weed actually precipitates a lot of bad trips by introducing paranoia and anxiety into the trip. At best the effects are minimal anyway, you're already higher than you previously thought possible, you barely even notice the comparatively tame weed high.

Not going to lie, that sunglasses advice I'm definitely holding on to, especially since at work today my co-worker was telling me how he was having a bad trip about a huge white rabbit with fangs chasing him :$ Would you say to take it after a particular length of time from MDMA? I keep mandy as a once a month treat to keep tolerance down, would you suggest the same about LSD?

This... Honestly sounds made up.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 351
Original post by Xhotas

Not going to lie, that sunglasses advice I'm definitely holding on to, especially since at work today my co-worker was telling me how he was having a bad trip about a huge white rabbit with fangs chasing him :colondollar: Would you say to take it after a particular length of time from MDMA? I keep mandy as a once a month treat to keep tolerance down, would you suggest the same about LSD?

Sorry for the questions, it's hard to find people who are wised up on it compared to other drugs. :smile:

No problem. :smile: Only stuck with MDMA, ahh what an awful situation you're in :tongue:

The post above me has experience of lsd+mdma so their advice will be of more use but I'll say my 2 cents of what I know (I've not done it but have been a sitter for my friend who did). Although candyflipping does sound amazing, it's probably better if your first experience of the psychedelic is by itself so you can get more of an idea of how you act and respond to it, kind of getting to know the power of it. That way you can have your first experience of LSD and then a first experience of candyflipping afterwards if you want. If you take them both, though, take the LSD an hour or so before you take the md as it's longer lasting. From what I can gather from the friend I sitted for, it's better to take lsd first to kind of immerse yourself in the trippyness of acid and be in that mindset THEN have an immense body high and euphoria rather than the other way round, if you can kind of see what I mean? Otherwise whilst you're feeling nice and happy and then it turns psychedelic it could become a bit overwhelming.

Anyway, yeah, like the above poster said the whole rabbit with fangs sounds like it was fabricated, or at the least exaggerated. On the other hand, take a seriously high dose (20+ tabs) and it could be plausible. Although it does remind me of those made up scare stories "My friend of a friend of a friend took acid, thought he was an orange and tried to peel himself" lol.

LSD has an extremely low tolerance - if you took it on let's say a Monday, the trip is over by Tuesday and you took another tab on Thursday your tolerance would be exactly the same, as in the effects wouldn't be any less than they were on the Monday trip. MDMA tolerance is a little bit more than this, although I think it's good that you keep usage at around a month. Although tolerance will be down way before this, I find that with any drug if you take it every once in a while and infrequently it retains its novelty and feeling of being a treat. As much as I love MDMA it would definitely lose some of its appeal if I took it every weekend.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 352
Original post by Gravlees
Stay strong. Don't let these dirty addicts sway your opinion. With all the trouble tobacco and alcohol causes they want to legalse everything? Absolutely mental.

Haha, thank you very much!
I think that's the first message of support I've had on here. :smile:

I have made myself look an idiot on here a bit, I'm not some "keyboard crusader", no offence was meant against anyone, but I cannot condone the use of drugs.

To me, decriminalization of lower class drugs, but not higher ones, is like saying...hey, don't murder someone, but you can beat them up because it's not as bad! :doh:

I will. (:
Original post by LaurenPhilippa

I have made myself look an idiot on here a bit, I'm not some "keyboard crusader", no offence was meant against anyone, but I cannot condone the use of drugs.

To me, decriminalization of lower class drugs, but not higher ones, is like saying...hey, don't murder someone, but you can beat them up because it's not as bad! :doh:

I will. (:

I agree.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

I will. (:

I agree too. Legalisation would lead to increased drug use, increased deaths and increased problems.

Reply 355
Original post by anthonyfl
I agree.

Wooop. :biggrin: Thank you muchly! :smile:

It's all about personal opinion I know, but I'm just glad some people agree with mine. :^_^:
Reply 356

I will. (:

Decriminalisation of all drugs would probably work. Statistically, they do in places where they have been implemented. For example, Portugal:

Spoiler

You don't have to agree with drug use (I don't for the most part), but if decriminalisation works and actually makes sense (better regulation and rehab opportunities), it might be worth actually doing it.
Reply 357
Original post by CharlieBoardman
What are purple ladies? Does it have anything to do with MDMA?

I've recently been curious about MDMA, and wanting to try it.. Mainly after seeing that a lot of people from TSR do stuff like this. I mean, from being young, we are all forced with bad information about drugs.. "they're really really bad", "you'll die if you try them". My dad always goes on anout how a few of his mates have died from drugs in the past.. But that was like heroin etc.

I'd like to give it a go (MDMA), but I'd like to know exactly what the risks are. Might sound daft, but I really don't wanna die and OD or something like that.

If you're looking for information online then I'd avoid talktofrank, and use erowid and the wiki section of drugsforum for information.

MDMA is amazing and the risks are actually very little. I agree that because from a young age we're all taught that drugs are really dangerous they seem a lot worse than they are. For example, horseiridng has a 1 in 350 fatality rate whereas MDMA has a 1 in 10,000 fatality rate :rolleyes:. You can't really have a bad trip on it, like the first time I took it I was nervous beforehand but still had an incredible time. Make sure you don't do it on your own as having friends (preferably ones you're closest to) there make the experience that much more amazing as you're basically experiencing euphoria together. Oh, and make sure you have the next day free as the comedown can make you feel quite down because during the ecstasy experience you used up more serotonin than your brain is used to. Although, I've found that this is fine if you have some weed with you on the comedown and can help you to sleep. On MD you're more likely to dance and move around more often which causes your body temperature to rise, so if you're in a club or something make sure you take 10 minutes or so to cool down (only if you feel you need to) and have something to drink if you feel dehydrated. You don't have to drink litres and litres, only a cup or half a cup is fine. As for being worried about OD'ing, make sure you know your source, e.g.their reputation, if they get ripped off often, if people have said that their stuff is pure and uncut. This is important as, for example there's rumours of MD round my area being cut with speed to add the weight and thus the price of it. Start off with a small dose and look online (erowid) or to friends with experience of MD as to what a low/medium/high dose is.

Also, it would be good if more people knew this: Although there is a tiny chance of anything going wrong, if you or one of your friends OD's or suffers a bad reaction, even if you have more drugs on you it is fine to call an ambulance. They are more interested in saving someones life (don't mean to make it sound so drastic as I promise these situations are rare but if you're reckless and don't follow the basics like above they can happen) and so if they see you have more drugs on you, nothing will happen to you. You won't get a criminal record atall. I say this because I'm sure there are people who try to do first aid etc. on someone who's OD-ing because they're scared that if they call 999 they'll be prosecuted for possession of Class A/B/C substances.

That's pretty much the basics off the top of my head of how to use MDMA safely. If there's anything else, feel free to ask :smile:
Reply 358
Original post by Xotol
Decriminalisation of all drugs would probably work. Statistically, they do in places where they have been implemented. For example, Portugal:

Spoiler

You don't have to agree with drug use (I don't for the most part), but if decriminalisation works and actually makes sense (better regulation and rehab opportunities), it might be worth actually doing it.

I don't want to live in a society where drug use is legal. I can't support that.

I do think however, that less of a stigma needs to be attached to people who need help with their addiction.

Some of my earlier comments were a bit silly so I apologize; I do think people should be more emphatic with people who have entered into drug use for emotional reasons/bad backgrounds etc. Perhaps more taxes need to be spent on helping those people in need, rather than funding this incompetent Government's expenses. :colondollar:
Reply 359
I don't want to live in a society where drug use is legal.

You do already. :s-smilie:

How is it anything like that? Its more like saying... hey don't have anal sex with men, but you can have anal sex with women because it's not as bad! :doh:

Latest