Green Party7%
Labour Party22%
Liberal Democrat Party14%
Libertarian Party6%
RESPECT3%
Monster Raving Loony Party14%
Total votes: 305
TSR General Election 2006

So, the time has come for you to put the cross in the box for the party YOU want to represent you in TSR’s very own Parliament.
Below are the manifestos from each party, and the independent candidate.
Voting will last for 7 days.

Ballot stuffing by numerous accounts or friends signing up from other forums will NOT go unnoticed by myself or the Moderation Team.

Further information is available here.

British National Party

On current demographic trends, we, the native British people, will be an ethnic minority in our own country within sixty years.

We will halt all immigration and seek to immediately deport all illegal immigrants and foreign criminals.

We will abolish the 'positive discrimination' schemes that have made white Britons second-class citizens.

We are opposed to the Single European Currency, and support the majority of the British people in their desire to keep the Pound.

The BNP will crack down on crime and restore public safety and confidence. The fixation with the 'rights' of criminals must be replaced by concern for the rights of victims.

We will ensure that our manufactured goods are, wherever possible, produced in British factories.

We are against the 'trendy' teaching methods that have made Britain one of the most poorly educated nations in Europe. We will return to traditional teaching methods.

Britain's farming industry will be encouraged to produce a much greater part of the nation's need in food products.

We are wholly committed to a free, fully funded National Health Service for all British citizens.

We reject the idea that Britain must forever be obliged to subsidise the incompetence and corruption of Third World states by supplying them with financial aid.

Elderly people who have paid a lifetime of taxes and reared families should not have to sell their homes to pay for care.

Britain's foreign relations should be determined by our own national interest and not by our opinon of other nations' internal politics.

Carl

Hi, I'm Carl, and I've chosen to stand as an independent candidate.You may well be asking yourself why I have done this.

In the TSR Parliament I wish to represent my views and beliefs, but also those of the people who represent me. A part does not give the leeway to does this. Without a party I have the freedom to negociate legislation and gain a workable majority for whatever legislation I propose, as demonstrated with the passage of the Public Smoking Act in the last Parliament, which I introduced.

What can I promise you?

In short, nothing. What is important, is what you can demand of me. Give me your policy ideas and input and I'll try to represent them in the Parliament. I represent you, not some faceless party with it's own interests.

What are my beliefs?

I'm broadly pro-Europe, and something of a social democrat. I believe in a liberal market economy with sufficient government intervention to ensure that everyone benefits from the wealth created by the British economy. I support controlled immigration and believe in the ideals of the NHS and national school system

What if I have my own concerns?

Feel free to PM me before, during or after the election with your concerns. At the moment I can't guarantee a reply due to my exams, which are this week, but I'll try my best. Happy voting!

Conservative Party

A Conservative government will keep unemployment down, jobs in, and red tape out. We will review the minimum wage laws to ensure that no one is priced out of the job market. We won’t be following the lead of our competitors and “creating” jobs by appointing an ever-increasing amount of bureaucrats, thereby driving business away.

The Conservative Party is committed to increasing the quality of public services. We will spend more on nurses and less on executives, more on the classroom and less on the boardroom. The problems our public services face today can only be solved by increased efficiency and choice, not by increased centralization and mismanagement.

We believe green values need not harm economic growth. The current debate over the future of energy production requires those who are decisive and put the environment first. Hence we believe promotion of home generation system, with over 90% energy efficiency, is the way forward for this nation and the world.

A Conservative government will not allow our great military tradition to go to waste. We will institute a comprehensive review to determine the strengths and weaknesses of our armed forces and the role they can play in the 21st century. We will not allow our military to decay or be controlled from Brussels.

We’re committed to making crime history. Our first act in government will be to significantly increase the mandatory punishment for all violent crimes.

Vote Conservative for a strong economy, a strong stance on crime, and a strong Britain!

Green Party

Health
Good health is not a consumer choice. Patient choice and the “quasi-market” of the NHS are therefore not the way to provide it. Greens believe in good local access to healthcare for all. We therefore propose:

Abolishing foundation hospitals, the internal market and “payment by results”
Abolishing prescription charges
Increasing funding to at least the pre-2004 EU average (£90 billion by 2008) around 9% of GNP

Education
Students are not statistics. Examinations that serve no purpose other than to determine a school’s place in the league tables should be replaced by a system that gives students the choice to study what interests them most and enables them to reach their full potential.

Tax and the economy
The primary aim of economic policy should be to reduce inequality and deprivation. The Green Party therefore proposes:
A more progressive tax-rate system, with higher incomes attracting higher marginal rates of tax.
A Citizen's Income and Pension, to ensure every citizen has the same minimum basic income, regardless of age, gender, or occupation.
To defend workers’ rights by bringing labour law into line with other EU countries.

Environment
The world currently faces the impending twin crises of climate change and skyrocketing oil prices resulting from our dependence on fossil fuels. We therefore propose:

Reforming the tax system on a “polluter pays” principle
Developing renewable sources of energy as far as possible
Doing everything possible to reduce energy demand and carbon emissions

Labour Party

Social Justice - A reform of the benefit system, reducing fraud and providing people on benefits the training required to provide for themselves. By introducing "working benefits", the party can promote social inclusion of claimants whilst improving the life of the wider community.

Environment - A reform of planning and building legislation to provide more environmentally friendly housing estates, with an emphasis on renewable energy and sustainable habitat regeneration.

Crime - We believe in giving greater powers to the police and the Local Authorities, and so Labour has increased our police numbers by 12,500, and we are cutting bureaucracy. We are introducing a victims fund, which will provide better support services boosted by a surcharge on criminals.

Immigration Labour aims for removals of failed asylum seekers to exceed failed claims, no immediate or automatic right for relatives to bring in more relatives, and furthering social cohesion by helping successful immigrants with language and knowledge of UK life.

NHS: Labour aims to strive in creating a successful management system by which the NHS will operate more effectively providing patients with an unparalleled level of care. As well as increasing spending up to 9.4% of the national income the NHS will become a health care service second to none.

Education - With our aim to tailor education to the needs of the individual we can ensure success for all young people. As well as secondary school refurbishment Labour has provided 28000 more teachers and aims to further our success and improvements.

Liberal Democrats

The Liberal Democrats exist to build and safeguard a fair, free and open society, in which we seek to balance the fundamental values of liberty, equality and community, and in which no-one shall be enslaved by poverty, ignorance or conformity.

We champion the freedom, dignity and well-being of individuals, we acknowledge and respect their right to freedom of conscience and their right to develop their talents to the full. We aim to disperse power, to foster diversity and to nurture creativity.

We believe that the role of the state is to enable all citizens to attain these ideals, to contribute fully to their communities and to take part in the decisions which affect their lives. We look forward to a world in which all people share the same basic rights, in which they live together in peace and in which their different cultures will be able to develop freely.

Our policies in the TSR Parliament would include:

* A commitment to free education at all levels, including the removal of university tuition fees;
* Public services free at the point of use, with healthcare putting patients, not targets first;
* A more effective stance on crime, providing for 10,000 new police with the money saved from scrapping the government’s planned ID card scheme;
* Opposing previous calamitous decisions in foreign policy: bringing Britain out of Iraq, and supporting a multilateral approach to the international community.

Libertarian Party

As the only Party that truly values our civil liberties, rights and freedoms, the Libertarian Party pledges the following:

Crime, Law and Order, Terrorism:
Legalisation of cannabis, various other drugs
Repeal hunting ban

Foreign Policy:
Committed to nuclear arsenal
Against unnecessary military intervention
Generally mind our own business and sort our own problems out
Push the EU to reduce and repeal CAP
In support of a stronger, more proactive UN

Education:
Allow children more choice at 14, choice to either take full palette of GCSEs at 14, or a core syllabus and an apprenticeship
Encourage more private investment in education
Get rid of all state-funded faith schools

Environment:
internalize the cost of pollution for polluters
Fully embrace market forces in trying to improve matters (emissions trading)
Massive incentives and tax breaks for cleaner energy

Freedom Of Speech:
Absolute freedom of speech, except with incitement to murder or imminent violence
Scrap 'Incitement to religious hatred' legislation

Government/Democracy:
More transparent appointment process in the HoL
Liberalise planning regulations
Cut down on number and size of Govt departments

Healthcare:
We would keep NHS care free at the point of use

Immigration:
More open
New points system
Should reflect the economic needs of the UK

Poverty & Welfare:
Scrap EMA
Basic safety net

Privacy:
Against ID cards

Social Security:
To gain unemployment benefits one must accept jobs when they become available - even if we get unemployed PhDs working at McDs.

Taxation:
Lower, simplified.
End corporate and inheritance taxes.

Transport/Roads:
Privatise roads

Monster Raving Loony Party

Vote Monster Raving Loony
- The only party crazy enough to suggest nobody cares about this election.

The TSR House of Commons is already a farce, so let's make it official.
Vote for us, and if there's any parliament left to govern, we'll make sure it's not a place of childish insults, boring arguments and people out for a bit of imaginary power and status.

Elect us, and the party who know how to party will change all that. We will bring a new era of peace, prosperity, and pogo sticks, thanks to our loony policies on:

Environment Covering roads in Astroturf to make Britain a greener place
Defence Painting the White Cliffs of Dover blue for camouflage
Economy Inviting other countries to join the pound
Education Requiring all future Deputy Prime Ministers to be fluent in at least one language to encourage the education system.

All this, and we’ll still have more fun than the miserable lot running the parliament at the moment!

Do you really care about the TSR parliament?
Do you really think all this arguing is the sign of the other VMPs spending their lives productively?
Can you tell the difference between I Can’t Believe it’s Not Butter and real butter?

If no, Vote Monster Raving Loony You Know It Makes Sense!

RESPECT

EDUCATION

- Abolish all fees-reintroduce grants for all
- Support lecturers in their fight for decent pay and conditions
- Abolish charge on NUS Associate card for FE students
- Oppose City Academies-Demand decent local schools for all

HEALTH

- Oppose any privatisation of the NHS
- Free health care for the elderly
- End elitist Foundation Hospitals which create a two tier health service
- End government hospital targets

INTERNATIONAL

- End the occupation of Iraq Don’t Attack Iran Free Palestine
- Oppose the Euro Fight for a Peoples’ Europe
- Work with European left such as Die LinksPartei and Rifondazione Communista
- Work with the global climate change movement to preserve the planet

ENVIRONMENTAL

- Oppose Nuclear energy in favour of renewable sources
- Oppose Trident System - Immediate global nuclear disarmament
- Demand that Britain take the lead on substantial emission reductions
- Economic sanctions on USA if it refuses to sign protocols like Kyoto

OTHER

- LIBERATION Defend the woman’s right to choose–Defend LGBT rights
- Pensions in line to average earnings - At least 110 pounds a week
- Fight all forms of racism at all times
- VOTES AT 16

HOW

- End the occupations of Iraq and Afghanistan Don’t Iran Billions saved
- Scrapping Trident nuclear submarine system - 30 billion saved
- RESPECT would scrap the council tax and introduce a fairer local income tax
- RESPECT would raise income tax on those earning over 100 000 pounds per year

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
This thread has been re-established due to technical problems with the previous election.

The previous discussion thread is located here.

THE SENDING OF PMs TO MEMBERS OF PARTIES OTHER THAN YOUR OWN IS STRICTLY FORBIDDEN AS IS THE POSTING OF SECONDARY MANIFESTOS
Reply 2
is it just me or does it show there have been no votes for any parties, despite over 90 votes being cast.
this poll sux, there's no comedy option (except RESPECT)
Reply 4
we need the loonies! :biggrin:
Reply 5
As i couldnt care less who wins the election who wants me to vote for them/their party?
Reply 6
Vote conservative if you're stuck for choices...
Reply 7
I really really need a cheese sandwich....they always get my brain start (cheese on toast = the ultimate revision food)
Reply 8
you reckon? go grab one then! :biggrin:
Reply 9
Parents will probably grump at me. I'm still g oing to have some chocolate fudge before I go to bed though - I have the cookery skills! :biggrin:
I want chocolate fudge :frown:
Reply 11
ditto...how can you be so unfair and not offer it round acaila!
Reply 12
You can be my guinea pig for it then! :biggrin: This is the first time I've made it - using up all my baking stuff at uni has given me a baking bug. Tomorrow - chocolate scones!
Reply 13
and you claim to have revision to do??? :biggrin:

Sounds like the perfect employment to me...
Reply 14
Lol no, I don't have revision. Just that cheese on toast got me through my highers :biggrin: I'm finished uni for the year :smile:
Reply 15
well...you fancy 2 weeks in oxford...I could do with a chef...
Reply 16
Sure thing! :biggrin:
Just buy in lots of cooking chocolate and condensed milk and you'll have all the sugar highs you need for your revision :wink:
Reply 17
haha...surely that would just give me diabetes? :wink:
Reply 18
I don't know! You're the one studying a sciency degree!
Reply 19
well...we'll have to do a clinical trial then - get cooking! :wink:

Latest

Trending

Trending