The Student Room Group

Oxford Experimental Psychology Students and Applicants

Scroll to see replies

Original post by vVShabbaVv
Thanks guys. I appreciate your opinions. Most helpful. I'm still really undecided between Oxford and Cambridge.

Oxford, without a doubt. I do EP at Oxford so feel free to message Q's :smile:
Original post by workhardplayharder

Thanks.

Experiments: what are they on? Can you provide a brief overview aside what Oxford have written?

It appears to me that this is more biologically based.

In your opinion, how does this type of psychology hold up against the other types such as behavioural, health, development, psychometrics and so forth?
Original post by workhardplayharder

lets fight :eek:

But no i'd still apply for EP if your just interested in psych... even though im a PPSer :s-smilie: (although the first year having different subjects definately gives PPS an edge, social/developmental psychology is focused on too much).
when do you hear from oxford for psychology
Original post by danielwalsh
when do you hear from oxford for psychology

depends on your college, obviously

:|
i want to get into this course in 2013. I am studying IB. Grade is 38 excluding core points recently. I join a lot of psychology related activities.:colondollar::confused:
Reply 46
Hey all, I was just wondering if anyone else got an interview for E.Psychology, I got mine for Somerville college, I have to travel up there from London.
I have to be there on Thursday 13th December 2012 but I was planning to get there the Wednesday night before, is anyone else in the same situation as me???
Also, is it wise to buy a single train ticket or a return?? They said that I leave on Friday 14th at least noon...
Reply 47
I'll be there 12th - 15th at St Hugh's! :biggrin: might see you around!
Reply 48
Original post by JessicaTSR
I'll be there 12th - 15th at St Hugh's! :biggrin: might see you around!

Yay! And well done!! :smile:
Why are you staying until Saturday?? X
Reply 49
Original post by xsindy
Yay! And well done!! :smile:
Why are you staying until Saturday?? X

Thank you!! Sorry I meant the Friday 14th! Super excited now are you? X
Reply 50
Original post by JessicaTSR
Thank you!! Sorry I meant the Friday 14th! Super excited now are you? X

Tbh I'm more nervous than excited! How are you preparing for this?? :smile: x
Reply 51
Original post by xsindy
Tbh I'm more nervous than excited! How are you preparing for this?? :smile: x

Yeah it is really scary too! I'm just going through my PS and making sure I know enough about everything I've written about and doing a couple of mock interviews with like the typical easy questions they ask you at the start :smile:

How about you? X
I'm going up on the 12th from the isle of wight to St Catherine's. I'm getting an any time return, it's the cheapest thing for me anyway :smile:
Reply 53
Not sure why I haven't written here yet! I'm going up on Wednesday for EP at Brasenose - really really nervous about it all. Might see some of you guys! :smile:
Reply 54
I'm going to interview at St Anne's and am so so nervous. I am actually applying for Psychology&Philosophy but I am way more freaked about the psychology interview as I can't imagine the questions they might ask. Does anyone know what kind of questions do they ask?
Reply 55
I'm going up tomorrow to Wadham! Finding it so hard to prepare just because I have no idea what to expect, question-wise. Do you think we should revise knowledge of GCSE biology if we haven't continued it for A level?
Wait for me, EP.

I'm coming... Next year :colone:
Reply 57
Just out of interest, did anyone here get an offer?
Reply 58
Hi guys, this is kind of a silly but I was wondering if anyone on here who has an offer for EP could message me a copy of the reading list they were sent post-offer? I can't find mine anywhere and if I remember correctly it was slightly different to the one available on their website :/ I'm stressing D: xx
Reply 59
Original post by KiwiBerry
Hi guys, this is kind of a silly but I was wondering if anyone on here who has an offer for EP could message me a copy of the reading list they were sent post-offer? I can't find mine anywhere and if I remember correctly it was slightly different to the one available on their website :/ I'm stressing D: xx

The New College one is available on their website here.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending