The Student Room Group

A2 Resits

Hey Guys,

So I'm sure there are a few med applicants in my position who may feel as, even though we might get offers, we might not necessarily get the AAA we need.

So I'd just like to ask if anyone knows what unis, if any, accept A2 resits AFTER year 13 i.e during the gap year?

Help would be much appreciated!
Reply 1
Original post by andrewpeters
Hey Guys,

So I'm sure there are a few med applicants in my position who may feel as, even though we might get offers, we might not necessarily get the AAA we need.

So I'd just like to ask if anyone knows what unis, if any, accept A2 resits AFTER year 13 i.e during the gap year?

Help would be much appreciated!

Depends if you have extenuating circumstances or not.

You can look here for more information on resit policies: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki/Medical_School_Resit_Policies
Reply 2
As far as I know, most don't accept resits in "Year 14" unless you have extenuating circumstances. You can always do something like biomedical and then graduate medicine. Another option would be to do a foundation year in medicine. I know that's not quite answering your question but I thought I'd let you know the other options if you didn't already :wink:

Problem with the above link is that the requirements for most have changed. You can still look into the ones that "did" accept it to check they still do. Gl :smile:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 3
Yes you can. I had three offers last year but I didn't get the grades. I really wanted to do medicine and found Liverpool and Lancaster consider resit students who don't have extenuating circumstances provided they get CCC the first time. I resat my exams in January I now have my grades and got an offer from Lancaster today. So there is hope if you don't get the required grades the first time.
Reply 4
Original post by Aysh161
Yes you can. I had three offers last year but I didn't get the grades. I really wanted to do medicine and found Liverpool and Lancaster consider resit students who don't have extenuating circumstances provided they get CCC the first time. I resat my exams in January I now have my grades and got an offer from Lancaster today. So there is hope if you don't get the required grades the first time.

Well done on your offer! So Liverpool and Lancaster are the only 2 that consider resits?
Reply 5
Original post by andrewpeters
Well done on your offer! So Liverpool and Lancaster are the only 2 that consider resits?

No there is also
Peninsula (Exeter/Plymouth medical school)
Southampton
UEA (Norwich medical school)
BSMS
Apparently Manchester as well
Reply 6
Yeah any of the ones that myyrh said but with most of them you have to have got AAB at first sitting

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending