The Student Room Group

Workout Music Thread

Scroll to see replies

i was about to post the same thing and then saw this one! i always listen to music that i like to go out and dance to in a club cus theres a good rhythm you can get into and it generally makes me really motivated to exercise! also when it gets really hard i count myself down to the end if im really struggling! i def find playing mind games with myself forces me to go on!
Listen to music while working out- Inspiration when it gets tough

And when it starts getting hard I imagine my girlfriend getting hit on by some ****, or some **** in general I dont like, and every extra rep I do is me punching them in the head -Crazy I know but it works because I get angry.

When I gotta eat and cant be arsed I just imagine how I wanna look, and make myself do it/
Reply 42
Listen to music while working out is a must as it takes you're mind off it

Any1 else listentin to the Rocky Theme tune and get all worked up?
Reply 43
Freezer
Listen to music while working out is a must as it takes you're mind off it

Why would you want to take your mind off working out when you are working out? :s-smilie: When you work out you are working to achieve something, so you should be concentrating on that right?

I don't listen to music when I run, it's a bit dangerous on the streets as you might get hit by a car or something, and when you're tired and sweaty and have iPod cords dangling about all over the place the earbuds fall out of your ears really easily and it can get annoying having to put them back in constantly.
Reply 44
c-archer
Why would you want to take your mind off working out when you are working out? :s-smilie: When you work out you are working to achieve something, so you should be concentrating on that right?

I don't listen to music when I run, it's a bit dangerous on the streets as you might get hit by a car or something, and when you're tired and sweaty and have iPod cords dangling about all over the place the earbuds fall out of your ears really easily and it can get annoying having to put them back in constantly.

Because working out can be boring, and you are more likely to give up if your just thinking about how hard it's getting :smile:
Reply 45
I am defiantly more motivated when I'm listening to some upbeat dancy music ;yes;
Reply 46
c-archer

I sort of agree with you here. When I used to train for long periods on the rowing machine then I would have music blasting out because I did these as part of a crew exercise. But when we were made to do sprint pieces, we weren't allowed music and had to focus on pushing ourselves to the limit. So I feel it depends on what it is you are intending to do.
Reply 47
Cardio, I'll listen to dance music. Otherwise I'm not really bothered, but if theres music I'm not complaining.
At the gym I'll go with quiet, or some inspiring music like hard rock or metal, not some sleeeeeeeeeeeepy ballad... You need ENERGY when trying to lift max, and you (or at least not I) don't get that from ballads:p:
Reply 49
when at the gym i will listen to music. Depending on what im doing as well. I will sometimes listen to podcasts as well on my ipod because you listen to what people are saying can take your mind off the ugly guy in front almost exposing himself everytime he does a leg raise while im trying to run!

Also watch stuff on my ipod when im on the bike, but dont use the bike that often.
Reply 50
I only joined the gym recently. So far I always take my ipod with me and listen to clubmix (compilation cd of dancy stuff) or drum and bass. We have mtvdance on sky usually in the gym and sometimes I take out my headphones to listen to that if it's a good track.

This week I added Bonnie Tyler- Holding Out For a Hero and I listen to that over and over while I cross train because I hate doing that. I listen to it because I'm training to run three miles in 45 minutes (I'm currently unable to consistently run) as the team leader for a race for life team and the guys at work keep teasing me that I need a montage. We picked it as my song.

While I work out I mouth the words to the music and if I'm on any machine facing the wall of mirrors I just look at my thighs, and also on any machine where I can look down without ruining my posture. I want to lose weight so it helps me focus.
ro-ro

While I work out I mouth the words to the music and if I'm on any machine facing the wall of mirrors I just look at my thighs, and also on any machine where I can look down without ruining my posture. I want to lose weight so it helps me focus.

I do that too (not look at my thighs, but mouth and even sing the words)! When I run I do this, I've gotten some quite odd looks from people coming towards me. :rolleyes: Maybe I'm not running hard enough.
Reply 52
Yeh I sorta wiggle my head back and forth as well while I mouth which doesnt go down to well.

My trainer was like Ro you realise you look like a really fatigued person pushing it too far. Woops!
Scott Storch
Dre Dre
Just Blaze
Swizz Beats

^^ all the producers you could possibly need. :yy:
Reply 54
Dance music for me! ;grin;
aKa Your Idol
Scott Storch
Dre Dre
Just Blaze
Swizz Beats

^^ all the producers you could possibly need. :yy:

You say Scott Storch??

How can you work out to bangas lol.
Scott Storch
You say Scott Storch??

How can you work out to bangas lol.

Them hyped beats... :yy:
Reply 57
MY IPOD BROKE!!!

It has to go to the ipod place to be fixed which may take up to two weeks!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now I'll have to watch mtv at the gym which makes me feel so sad.
Reply 58
My mp3 player broke too earlier, while I was on the treadmill! It was horrible because Im so used to running to music. Felt like there was nothing to keep me going. So it wasnt a v successful work out!
Reply 59
Pussycat Dolls Music + Excercise = :smile:

Quick Reply