The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
We always get the cast-offs of Man Citeh, Arsenal, Liverpool etc.. So i doubt we will stop now..

I hope he does stay with Citeh though..

And Citeh should sign Ronnie.. He'd get more play there.. I think anyway..

Will Benjani still be there next season? Or even needed.. Especially with all the names linked with Hughes...
Reply 81
You've got your own MASSIVE society now, couldn't this have gone in there?
Reply 82
haha, if it was upto me, ide give you benjani back!
hes a great player with a great work rate but not exactly what we need, we need a goal scorer.

i heard you were selling us diarra?
Reply 83
25m a year, what the **** is the point in that? That is absolutely HORRIBLE.
Reply 84
LA GALAXY are crazy with their cash haha, soon they'll have a team of legends , all over the age of 40, earnin more than prem league players put together hahahah
Reply 85
TomStudent
haha, if it was upto me, ide give you benjani back!
hes a great player with a great work rate but not exactly what we need, we need a goal scorer.

i heard you were selling us diarra?

i would love to see Benjani back.. :biggrin:

It was a massive rumour here about a week or so ago, about selling Diarra to Citeh, but i think Storrie has said he is not for sale 'at any price', and Diarra has said he wants to be playing at FP next season..

Just a rumour fabricated by the media i think...

I think Hughes could attract alot more players other then Diarra...
Reply 86
RobbieC
25m a year, what the **** is the point in that? That is absolutely HORRIBLE.

With a signing like that, his high Salary would pay for itself after a season or so..

Eg: Beckham-mania at La Galaxy... Would probably make a mint with match days & merchandise etc...

But something that wont happen until Ronnie is about 34+.... And unable to play at top form anymore.. If ever..
AC Milan came out today and said they couldnt cope financially with City.

Thats pretty much the start of the end of football.
Reply 88
Isn't there a rule in the MLS where one designated player can break the wage budget? Or am I making things up?
Reply 89
QED
Isn't there a rule in the MLS where one designated player can break the wage budget? Or am I making things up?

I think the rule is something like that...

No idea MLS confuses the fugde out of me...

Or something like 'the whole teams wages can only be a certain amount' per season.. Or something like that... With the exception of the ones who aren't 'drafted in'..

probably wrong.. but meh, gave it a go..
Reply 90
DontBuyTheSun
AC Milan came out today and said they couldnt cope financially with City.

Thats pretty much the start of the end of football.

Haha, well said.
Reply 91
TBH, it wasn't long ago that Lazio, Parma, Juve etc. were splashing out silly money (Mendieta anyone?) practically ruining football for a bit, so it's a little hypocritical for Platini, UEFA etc. for having a go at British clubs at this point in time.
Reply 92
chelsea are worst spenders lol! they give 100 million to every manager, then sack em lol, look at the flops!

They ruined our shaun wright phillips, 21 million they gave us, and he's done nothing
TomStudent
chelsea are worst spenders lol! they give 100 million to every manager, then sack em lol, look at the flops!

They ruined our shaun wright phillips, 21 million they gave us, and he's done nothing

At Chelsea were a somthing team before Roman boosted them into league champions. City came from scoring 10 goals at home all season to buying some of the best attacking talents in the world. Its wrong.
Reply 94
everyone has the right to improve.

and we've had our talents!

Joey barton (save the jokes) SWP, Micah Richards, Onouha, Ireland, Sturridge.. just to name a few.

they are academy grads.

City are a massive club with massive potential and have as much right as chelsea to go buy some stars.
TomStudent

City are a massive club with massive potential and have as much right as chelsea to go buy some stars.

Your not a massive club. Your not even close to being a massive club. If your a massive club so are Everton, Villa and Newcastle.

You have a right to go out and buy some stars if you earn it. You don't have a right to have everything given to you on a plate.

Go look at what has happened to Gretna.
Reply 96
TomStudent
everyone has the right to improve.

and we've had our talents!

Joey barton (save the jokes) SWP, Micah Richards, Onouha, Ireland, Sturridge.. just to name a few.

they are academy grads.

It's a wind-up! I knew it.
Reply 97
haha your not funny. how can u say tht city isn't a massive club with massive potential?
Reply 98
TomStudent
haha your not funny. how can u say tht city isn't a massive club with massive potential?

I think anyone who knows the whole City massive joke may have gotten it by now...
Reply 99
hahahah

i am laughin at your comments but i really should be defending the club haha

Latest