The Student Room Group

BBC3 - Junior Doctors: Your Life In Their Hands

Scroll to see replies

Reply 160
Original post by Renal
If only...

Don't know what all this fuss about doctors hours is about... they seem fine. :awesome:
Reply 161
Original post by raveen789
I thought it was really good gave me a good insight into the 'real' medicine as opposed to casualty and Holby city :biggrin:

It did seem more realistic, there was less flirting, more paperwork and some work actually got done.
Reply 162
Original post by Beska
Adam and Suzi are so going to end up sleeping together. You heard it here first, folks.

Did you see him pop a chip into her mouth? SICKENING. :biggrin:
Original post by Bord3r
It did seem more realistic, there was less flirting, more paperwork and some work actually got done.

I really liked the part were they showed him doing paper work because when we think of Doctors we usually think of them saving life's being in scenarios as suzi was in A&E or like a GP, it was interesting to see aside from that, that they also have to do paper work and work abnormal hours constantly.
Reply 164
Original post by Legit
If i get into medical school, I know I'll be a doctor like Suzi (IM A BOY TOO:frown:)

Whats wrong with her?! I thought she was great?

I'm not sure, she just gave me a weird feeling.
Reply 165
Original post by raveen789
I thought it was really good gave me a good insight into the 'real' medicine as opposed to casualty and Holby city :biggrin:
It's not that good...
Original post by Beska
Adam and Suzi are so going to end up sleeping together. You heard it here first, folks.

Suzi reminds me of the hot blonde surgeon from surgery school on ITV, obviously less attractive though :wink:

Adam was probably the most entairtaining of them all by far:

''I want to change the world'' while driving his expensive car on a countryside motorway, presumably to winger about paper work.

The beginning was cringeworthy, the end was decent. Though, I'm confused as to why the F2's were overly worried, surely they had clinicals and F1 to prepare for this? The title is also very misleading, imping that they were directly responsible for a patient's life - I don't think the ward consultant would be too happy about that

Also, that old nurse was an hag
I thought it was all right. They even included the FY1 doing paperwork to make it seem more realistic. I especially liked the bit where they set the kitchen on fire. One thing though, with the rectal exam, why on earth didn't the patient ask for his face to be pixelated? That would have embarrassed the hell out of me!
Reply 168
Original post by DexterM
Did you see him pop a chip into her mouth? SICKENING. :biggrin:

By the time this series is out, that's not all he's going to be popping into her mouth.

Spoiler

Original post by Altrozero
Didn't like Adam, Suzi didn't fill me with much confidence, but I can't wait to watch the big dude, he looks awesome.

Yeah, that guy looks really cool! I'd like to hang out with Suzi but the fact she's a doctor is sort of... scary? Adam just made me laugh! Well, cringe! But I suppose it's the same thing! I want to hug Kathyrn, she just seems so sweet but so scared!

Original post by SAK.A
iplayer.

I recorded it so it's ok! :biggrin:
Watching it now, so if you see some inane 'OMG WTF!!!' comments on here, it's me!
Original post by Renal
It's not that good...

Then maybe i need to watch you in action Renal :wink:
Original post by Beska
By the time this series is out, that's not all he's going to be popping into her mouth.

Spoiler

Spoiler

I'm getting the impression so far that Suzi doesn't really know what she's doing... we shall see.
Reply 172
I thought it was an interesting episode overall, but for the most part didn't show junior doctors in the best light.
Reply 173
Original post by Renal
It's not that good...

Wishing you'd say yes now huh? :colonhash:
Reply 174
Original post by diamonddust
I recorded it so it's ok! :biggrin:
Watching it now, so if you see some inane 'OMG WTF!!!' comments on here, it's me!

I couldn't watch it on T.V. Family is obsessed with that 90201 or whatever it is. I tried to watch it on iplayer but my internet is crap. So I'm going to download it from iplayer tommorow. This is usually the case with all T.V. series's I'm always the last to watch it. :frown:. I really need to buy a cheap T.V with freeview.
Original post by Bord3r

And they're less attractive than the folks on Holby and House! :biggrin:

Ok, I take it back, I really like Suzi! :biggrin:
Reply 176
Original post by diamonddust
I'm getting the impression so far that Suzi doesn't really know what she's doing... we shall see.
ED SHO in their (alleged) first week? Par fro the corse.

(Of course I knew how much diaz to whack up the fitters arse :wink:)
Reply 177
Love itttttttt!!!
Reply 178
Original post by dmz
Wishing you'd say yes now huh? :colonhash:
Oooo. There's a thought there.
It was ok I guess. But still very odd and cliche (if that's the correct word) bunch those guys

Quick Reply

Latest