The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Tortious
I'm no medic but I think we'll still have access to stuff from first year. All of the lecture notes for Law are on the Faculty's website; since I'm still a law student, I can see all of the legal resources. I imagine it'll be the same for you. :smile:

All of the lecture notes and stuff for me are on various Camtools groups though. I'm just worried they'll delete all of my year's stuff ready for next year. Like at the start of the last academic year (Oct 2010), there were no files in the groups, but they were added as the year progressed. Basically, on Camtools, I'm a member of "Anatomy 2010-2011", "Biochemistry 2010-2011" etc which currently contains all of the notes.

I just don't know if they keep the 2010-2011 group as it is, and create an entirely new group for next year, or if they just delete everything from the 2010-2011 group, and then make that into the 2011-2012 group.

(That made sense in my head, I'm aware it looks pretty confusing :p: )
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Chief Wiggum
All of the lecture notes and stuff for me are on various Camtools groups though. I'm just worried they'll delete all of my year's stuff ready for next year. Like at the start of the last academic year (Oct 2010), there were no files in the groups, but they were added as the year progressed. Basically, on Camtools, I'm a member of "Anatomy 2010-2011", "Biochemistry 2010-2011" etc which currently contains all of the notes.

I just don't know if they keep the 2010-2011 group as it is, and create an entirely new group for next year, or if they just delete everything from the 2010-2011 group, and then make that into the 2011-2012 group.

No, I get it now - we don't have that setup (all of the notes are arranged by paper but are freely available to all lawyers), so your best bet is to consult a medic!

visesh
Original post by Chief Wiggum

You will still have access to all the notes next year.
Reply 963
I forgot how damned boring life is here. (Home, not Cam).
Original post by Gesar

:ditto:
Reply 965
Original post by Gesar

I feel your pain. I'm currently trying to determine the earliest I can get back next term :P
Original post by It could be lupus
You will still have access to all the notes next year.

thanks
Reply 967
Original post by renaissancemensch
My DoS does this too (but I sneakily found out from my tutor)

(Congratulations, by the way! Sorry I didn't get to see you before you left - hope you have a great YA!)

Well when I emailed my DoS on Monday about something else, he dropped one paper mark into conversation, thus revealing that he knew them but that he wasn't going to deign to send them yet... grr.

Congrats to you too! Where are you YA-ing?
Reply 968
After all that needless panic, I somehow managed a 2.1...anti-climatic, really!
Reply 969
Original post by jfox223
After all that needless panic, I somehow managed a 2.1...anti-climatic, really!

Despite not really knowing you very well, I had a funny feeling that might happen...
Original post by Melz0r
Well when I emailed my DoS on Monday about something else, he dropped one paper mark into conversation, thus revealing that he knew them but that he wasn't going to deign to send them yet... grr.

Of course he wouldn't - that'd be spoilers for his letter. :tongue:
Reply 971
Guess who had to go to A&E on Friday because they were coughing up blood? Oh yerrr that's right me! Another night in good old addies for me.

Also my friend had a spare ticket for her graduation but I was too ill to go :frown: I missed seeing all my friends graduate :frown:
Reply 972
I just had a whole wheatabix for breakfast, yes a WHOLE ONE. Livin' it up here.
Original post by Gesar

Find stuff to do - yesterday I went to see Foo Fighters (supported by Biffy Clyro and Death Cab For Cutie), who were conveniently playing down the road from me in MK. :awesome:
Reply 974
Original post by alex_hk90
Find stuff to do - yesterday I went to see Foo Fighters (supported by Biffy Clyro and Death Cab For Cutie), who were conveniently playing down the road from me in MK. :awesome:

Do you know where he lives?! There is NOTHING to do there!! (My housemate's parents use it as code in conversation when one of them is being boring...)
Original post by smilepea
Do you know where he lives?! There is NOTHING to do there!! (My housemate's parents use it as code in conversation when one of them is being boring...)

:nah: I do not know where he lives, no.

:ditto:
I used to live in Andover, which everybody describes as a dive, most people move away from as soon as they can, and in which everybody travels to Basingstoke any time they want to do anything.

In fact as far as I remember, Gesar lives in Basingstoke. Which means that I was living somewhere far worse than him, since everybody in Andover goes to his town to have fun :p:

I still wasn't bored. You just have to be proactive and initiate things to do. Even if that's travelling to stay with friends in other places, which I did some times. Most of those three years I had various trips, hikes and travelling planned and in between I worked hard to fund that. I also joined a climbing club and climbed in different parts of the country regularly.
(edited 12 years ago)

Woah, very jealous! I like Foo Fighters (but haven't heard them much) and I absolutely love Death Cab and Biffy Clyro! How good was it?

I'M GOING TODAY! SO EXCITED! :woo: (although almost as excited about Biffy, won't lie)
Reply 979

You've never been to Basingstoke have you? :p: And besides, there's no one here to go with, which is a major cause of boredom.

Latest

Trending

Trending