The Student Room Group

Social Work 2012 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Hello,
I am going for Social Work 2012 entry interview in various Universities, starting next week. What are the questions asked? Has anyone had an interview in 2012 in any of the listed Universities below? The selection process for Derby is comprised of a piece of written work based on a short video exercise, so what was the questions asked for the written work, the group sections also the individual interview questions? Help please I cant sleep or eat untill I have knowladge of what to read and what to say. Thanks
1) Derby
2) MMU
3) Chester
4) Hopefully Staffordshire University will respond.
Reply 41
I see, yeah I didn't think so, just wondered if anyone had. However, if it is a GSCC requirement then fair enough, it makes sense! I've applied to Bath, York, Winchester, Birmingham and Gloucestershire. Received an invitation to interview from Bath today, haven't heard from any of the others.
Reply 42
Original post by dan_oufc
I see, yeah I didn't think so, just wondered if anyone had. However, if it is a GSCC requirement then fair enough, it makes sense! I've applied to Bath, York, Winchester, Birmingham and Gloucestershire. Received an invitation to interview from Bath today, haven't heard from any of the others.

I've had my york university interview today, dont worry they've got loads of interview days left and they contact via post so just keep checking the mail. :smile:
Reply 43
Has anyone heard from Hull after interviews last week?
Reply 44
Original post by maggimay

I was at hull for my interview on the 12th and i still havent heard anything. you?
Reply 45
Original post by L2307
I was at hull for my interview on the 12th and i still havent heard anything. you?

My interview was on the 10th and have still not heard anything. I got an unsuccessful from Leeds Met.
Reply 46
I had my interview at leeds met and it was awful, i really dont wanna go there now. Were have you applied to?
Reply 47
Original post by L2307
I had my interview at leeds met and it was awful, i really dont wanna go there now. Were have you applied to?

I have had interviews at Manchester Met, Leeds Met and Hull. Have an interview at sheffield next week. Have acknowledgements from Huddersfield and Bradford. How about you, where have you applied to and how are they progressing?
Reply 48
I have had interviews at Manchester Met, Leeds Met and Hull. Have an interview at sheffield next week. Have acknowledgements from Huddersfield and Bradford. How about you, where have you applied to and how are they progressing?

i've applied at
* Leeds met university - had an interview there and waiting for a decision
* Hull university - had an interview there and waiting for a decision
* York university - had an interview there and waiting for a decision
* Leeds university - i've got an interview there next month
* Huddersfield university - recieved a conditional offer :smile:

are you from yorkshire?
Reply 49
Original post by L2307
i've applied at
* Leeds met university - had an interview there and waiting for a decision
* Hull university - had an interview there and waiting for a decision
* York university - had an interview there and waiting for a decision
* Leeds university - i've got an interview there next month
* Huddersfield university - recieved a conditional offer :smile:

are you from yorkshire?

West Yorkshire. I'm really hoping to get into Huddersfield because I did my BA there but still waiting to see if I get an interview. Where would you prefer to go?
Reply 50
West Yorkshire. I'm really hoping to get into Huddersfield because I did my BA there but still waiting to see if I get an interview. Where would you prefer to go?

Im from west yorkshire, Pontefract. Its only a small place.
Either Leeds uni or Huddersfield because its close to home. Oh so are you doing your MA now?
Reply 51
Original post by L2307
Im from west yorkshire, Pontefract. Its only a small place.
Either Leeds uni or Huddersfield because its close to home. Oh so are you doing your MA now?

I'm from Wakefield. I completed my BA in 2010 and want to do the MA. Are you wanting to do the BA or MA?
Reply 52
I'm from Wakefield. I completed my BA in 2010 and want to do the MA. Are you wanting to do the BA or MA?

Im wanting to do my BA, im 19 tho so im not a college leaver.
Reply 53
Original post by L2307
Im wanting to do my BA, im 19 tho so im not a college leaver.

You have a conditional offer meaning you must have life/work experiences and come across as mature. I'm a mature student... my child is almost your age, I have mountains of experience but useless in interviews.
Reply 54
had interview for keele but didn't get offer, gutted
Reply 55
Original post by L2307
I've had my york university interview today, dont worry they've got loads of interview days left and they contact via post so just keep checking the mail. :smile:

How was the interview at York? What kind of interview was it? Yeah true, all about playing the waiting game!
Reply 56
Original post by dan_oufc
How was the interview at York? What kind of interview was it? Yeah true, all about playing the waiting game!

It was a one to one interview and a written test, everyone was really nice. were have you applied?
Reply 57

I've got a conditional offer from hull :smile: have u heard anything?
Reply 58
Original post by L2307
It was a one to one interview and a written test, everyone was really nice. were have you applied?

Ohh right, I've applied to Bath, Birmingham, Gloucestershire, Winchester and York. Yourself?
Reply 59
Original post by L2307
I've got a conditional offer from hull :smile: have u heard anything?

I'm still waiting.

Quick Reply

Latest