The Student Room Group

I have too much eyelash, it is touching the eyeball?

I want to know if this is normal, I am generally quite hairy girl, arms/legs.

I have thick dark eyebrows that grows wild as well lol im not that far from developing a unibrow.

Then my eyelashes are going wild, growing in all difference directions. I have 4 layers, a new layer is growing on top of my eyelid! whilst I don't mind this I noticed some inside eyelashes touch my eyeball and there has been times where I freaked out because I felt there was something sharp in my eye & sctracthing it:frown:also I notice a eyelash growing downwards, touching my eyeball. That little hair is irriating me, I wonder if this is normal or just to do with me being hairy? also how do I control them to stay in one direction?
(edited 12 years ago)
Cut them?
Original post by DreamKitty
I want to know if this is normal, I am generally quite hairy girl, arms/legs.

I have thick dark eyebrows that grows wild as well lol im not that far from developing a unibrow.

Then my eyelashes are going wild, growing in all difference directions. I have 4 layers, a new layer is growing on top of my eyelid! whilst I don't mind this I noticed some inside eyelashes touch my eyeball and there has been times where I freaked out because I felt there was something sharp in my eye & sctracthing it:frown:also I notice a eyelash growing downwards, touching my eyeball. That little hair is irriating me, I wonder if this is normal or just to do with me being hairy? also how do I control them to stay in one direction?

Four layers of eyelashes?!

Just cut the one that has bent downwards otherwise it will cost you pain/irritation everytime it comes into contact with your eye.

Try mascara to make them stay up? :s-smilie:
Reply 3
But is is baby hairs as well, I don't know how to explain it. It's not about the length really but when it touches the eyeball or grows kind of in a weird line. I mean it will be painful to pluck an eyelash out from inner corner of eye:frown:I just hope it falls out naturally I guess lol.
Reply 4
Original post by Supermassive_muse_fan
Four layers of eyelashes?!

Just cut the one that has bent downwards otherwise it will cost you pain/irritation everytime it comes into contact with your eye.

Try mascara to make them stay up? :s-smilie:

Thanks for advice, yes it is something new that is happening as well as my already thick brows growing new hairs on side of bridge of nose. But it feels like the layers of lash keep growing into new layers, it started freaking me out when I noticed some on my eyelid is growing too. I also tried wearing contacts but it is scary because :frown:the lashes get in the way and especially it's so fiddly. I will try the mascara thing to keep them in control.

:frown:But that is a small worry, I am SICK of having to shave my legs and arms. Too much hair just to handle everywhere.
(edited 12 years ago)
:console: Have you tried using eyelash curlers?
Reply 6
I have never tried eyelash curlers but have heard of them. I guess I could try that. Once I got a inner lash stuck in my eyeball and began going sore, I had to put it back in place.
(edited 12 years ago)
Go to a cosmetologist and explain your problem

Also, please pluck that monobrow.
Go to a cosmetologist and explain your problem

Also, please pluck that monobrow.
Reply 9
Your eyes are delicate and you don't want them to get damaged from the scratching of your eyelashes or you rubbing and fiddling around trying to fix it. I'd go to a doctor to see what they think.
Reply 10
Sounds like distichiasis. There's probably not much you can do, but pluck the ones that annoy you... painful though!
Reply 11
I am planning to go to cosmetologist. My sister has thick brows too and unibrow as well and she got it plucked. I guess it runs in the family lol.

I have never ever gone to a hairdresser, don't apply makeup, never plucked brows. I just don't know where to start, I keep my skin clean but in terms of style, I am lost. I just want to go to a store where someone can consult me on hairstyle suits my face, what I should do with the rest of my face.

I have been reading books to gain knowledge but still kind of confusing to me. Do the stores do free consultation? because I want to think about it before I make a change.
Reply 12
Original post by DreamKitty
I am planning to go to cosmetologist. My sister has thick brows too and unibrow as well and she got it plucked. I guess it runs in the family lol.

I have never ever gone to a hairdresser, don't apply makeup, never plucked brows. I just don't know where to start, I keep my skin clean but in terms of style, I am lost. I just want to go to a store where someone can consult me on hairstyle suits my face, what I should do with the rest of my face.

I have been reading books to gain knowledge but still kind of confusing to me. Do the stores do free consultation? because I want to think about it before I make a change.

go to a salon and ask. im pretty sure you dont need a consultation, just book a hair appointment and ask what they think is best. also book in for eyebrow shaping and get it done professionally until you feel confident enough to do it yourself.
with thee hair thing, just look in magazines and stuff ( you can actaully get hair magazines) and see what styles you like, and ask the hairdressers opinion.
normally they are very helpful.
yeah i would try mascara for your lashes, if youve already got thick, dark lashes then maybe try clear mascara if you like it better.
Reply 13
I have many layers of eyelashes too. People tend to think it looks nice though.
Reply 14
get an eyelash brush. if they are growing downward, they are probably just twisted/have come out.

Quick Reply

Latest