The Student Room Group

you CAN lose weight by eating WHATEVER you want

I dont understand why people try to say a diet counting calories doesnt lose weight.

I tried for years only eating vegetables and salad but was so hungry all the time that I caved in and binged.

Now I eat whatever I want but no more than 700 calories and all my friends have commented about how skinny I am since I lost the weight.

I eat crisps and chocolate and bread and whatever I want and it's easy because I'M not limiting myself to boring foods, sure you do get hungry still but it's bareable and better than the hunger from eating simply salad.
I know this sounds unhealthy but I make sure I still have fruit and salad etc under my calorie control at least every other day.

I dont even excersize

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
yeah, it's all about the calories... but limiting yourself to chocolate and crisps mean you dont get all the nutrients you need.

But looking at it from purely a calories perspective, of course you're right. But 700 seems a bit low to me
Only 700, I'm sure you would pack more calories than that in your diet in a day?
Reply 3
Original post by emilyteacake
I dont understand why people try to say a diet counting calories doesnt lose weight.

I tried for years only eating vegetables and salad but was so hungry all the time that I caved in and binged.

Now I eat whatever I want but no more than 700 calories and all my friends have commented about how skinny I am since I lost the weight.

I eat crisps and chocolate and bread and whatever I want and it's easy because I'M not limiting myself to boring foods, sure you do get hungry still but it's bareable and better than the hunger from eating simply salad.
I know this sounds unhealthy but I make sure I still have fruit and salad etc under my calorie control at least every other day.

I dont even excersize

I'd rather be a little overweight than do what you are doing to yourself
You'll plateau soon
Reply 5

I dont even excersize

Great. If that works for you.

Unfortunatly people see dieting as a means to an end that must be endured for a set period of time, rather than an enjoyable lifestyle and that is why 99% of people fail.
Reply 6

I dont even excersize

:facepalm:

a) This has been known for ages
b) Holy **** your body must hate you as you are seriously abusing it. Not only are you eating crap, but you are not exercising. Enjoy being diabetic and malnourished.

I dont even excersize

inb4 anorexic comments

Appalling diet btw. Post your diet for a typical day. Post pics too - interested to see if you look skinny-fat or not.
(edited 12 years ago)
i do the same but with 1200 calories, its the only thing that works with me as salad does not fill me up!
Reply 9
I'd rather be fat and healthy than thin and unhealthy. Well, not really, because obviously noticable fat is rarely healthy, but erm...yeh :redface:
Reply 10
Original post by Jimbo1234

b) Holy **** your body must hate you as you are seriously abusing it. Not only are you eating crap, but you are not exercising. Enjoy being diabetic and malnourished.

i massively dislike people like you who just through in the word 'diabetic'. you clearly know little, if anything about diabetes.
Reply 11
700 calories is not enough to sustain someone on a daily basis is it?.
i think u can lose it because i am one people tht lives on junk food and i have never gainted and i think the more you watch wat you are and counting calories and worring about what you weight the bigger you get..so keep a relaxed mind and dont worry about counting calories
Reply 13
You can lose weight, but unless youre getting enough nutrients, vitamins and proteins, then you certainly won't be healthy.
I'd rather overeat with vegetables and fruit than starve myself to 700 kcal a day... Haven't experienced hair loss yet? You will
Original post by petal1991
i massively dislike people like you who just through in the word 'diabetic'. you clearly know little, if anything about diabetes.

She is ramming high amounts of sugar into her diet with no exercise or anything else. That is an express ticket to type 2 diabetes.
If she dodges that bullet, then she will most likely have other problems with her stomach and possibly her liver, not to mention being permanently lethargic with hormone problems.
Original post by Jimbo1234

I'm a diabetic and it seriously annoys me when people say it's eating too much chocolate and crisps - go and read about it instead of believing whatever the news tells you
Reply 17
Im not saying I eat chocolate every day

I actually eat really healthy its just that every other day/three days I dont eat healthy

some days I will eat a packet of crisps, tin of macaroni cheese and a chocolate bar
other days Ill eat a tuna salad, soup and lots of water

to be fair I do walk about alot

Im just pointing out that you dont have to restrict yourself from not eating chocolate and crips, there are some 'diet' foods that have more calories than choclate and just 'give you more energy' which in my opinion dont at all
Reply 18
Anything below ~1000 calories for the average person, and your body will not be capable of sustaining itself. Ultimately you will shift your metabolism toward the breakdown of fat, and peripheral protein, i.e your muscles to ensure your brain receives enough glucose as do your erythrocytes. Yes you'll lose weight this way but you're also much more likely to die than if you were a bit overweight. A good diet has barely anything to do with calories, it's more about obtaining the correct nutrition. You could eat 1000 calories of a butter a day - and die 10 years later, or if you could eat 1000 calories of nuts, legumes, wholegrains, vegetables, fish and fruits and become much healthier.
(edited 12 years ago)
Considering most treats are ~300calories+, it's hardly "whatever you want" unless you want to eat lettuce for the rest of the day.

Latest