The Student Room Group

how many hours a day over easter do you guys revise?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by GMD
should be doing around 8, but there are no beaks around to check on us so we do around 3 here in our dorm (the hopgardens)

not everyone wants C's and D's.

Got an unconditional for Edinburgh without picking up a book over Easter when I was doing my first lot of highers.
Reply 41
I stick to my College timetable, and do History Revision where I would have had history, law when I would have had law etc. Its because the timetable is already spaced out so you can have breaks in between lessons and it works pretty well.
Reply 42
Original post by Jevon177
I stick to my College timetable, and do History Revision where I would have had history, law when I would have had law etc. Its because the timetable is already spaced out so you can have breaks in between lessons and it works pretty well.

That's actually a pretty good idea, coz at the moment I'm just doing subjects I feel like doing with no timetable or schedule, and let's just say it isn't really going very well. :tongue:
Reply 43
Original post by tammie94
I'm on OCR and wow those are some pretty good grades considering the fact that you don't revise. Good luck on achieving those grades. :smile: How are you finding psychology? I don't think it requires much revision but it's one of those subjects that takes you by surprise in exams.

thank you :smile: im finding it alright though i feel the opposite to you, on AQA atleast it seems like there is soooo much content to learn. my teacher said ocr are a bit dodgy when it comes to their exam papers as they sometimes focus specificaly on a few topics and ignore the othertopics in exams while aqa trys to incorporate all aspects of the unit.
I haven't been revising at all! Haven't even picked up a textbook. I suppose I'll start tomorrow... ehem *logs on to shaman*.
Original post by GMD
should be doing around 8, but there are no beaks around to check on us so we do around 3 here in our dorm (the hopgardens)

not everyone wants C's and D's.

Tut.

I'm sorry but 8 hours a day is absolutely ridiculous. You people are maniacs.

2/3 hours a day is pushing it.
Reply 46
instead of hours i just set myself a goal, so like im revising english lit atm so i did the 1700s to 1800s yesterday and worked to the 1900s today haha - ive never revised this early before but im really ill so cant go outside! Luckily also only have 4 exams this june and need EDC for three As, mwahaha
Reply 47
nuked
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 48
Geeezzz I know this is TSR but some of you, wow.

I did 1-2 throughout for GCSEs - A-levels in every vacation (except the first 2 half terms), very little (necessary homework) after school and virtually no work at weekends (during term).
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 49
Going beyond 4 hours right now is beyond ridiculous.

Good luck trying to keep that up when exam-period begins.
I did 5 on Sunday, 5 on Monday and none today.. figured I deserved a break :colondollar: lol. I'm usually much better than this (during the Xmas holidays I revised about 7 hours a day).
I didn't do any revision for my a levels over the Easter holidays leading up to them. I think as long as you keep up in class then doing a couple of hours a day, or even none, you should be okay:smile:. Do try and have a break over Easter as well :smile: you don't want to be washed out by the time the exams start.
To be honest you can do 6 hours a day and retain a little over 30% of the material, what's the point? Focus on efficiency of learning rather than hours.
Original post by EffieFlowers
Tut.

I'm sorry but 8 hours a day is absolutely ridiculous. You people are maniacs.

2/3 hours a day is pushing it.

I'd fail/ be even more stressed in the run up to exams if I was only doing 2/3 hours a day during my easter holidays, because I know it'll drop off slightly when we get back to school, because I've got biology coursework to finish, and my german literature needs rereading.
Reply 54
Original post by LifeIsGood
To be honest you can do 6 hours a day and retain a little over 30% of the material, what's the point? Focus on efficiency of learning rather than hours.

People work differently I can do 6+ hours a day and probably retain 90%+ of the information.
Original post by Besakt
People work differently I can do 6+ hours a day and probably retain 90%+ of the information.

That's fair enough but people on this website as long as I can remember try to have competition lol. It's so useless to say, I'm going to study for X hours, it should be more task-based than anything else.
I have my first exam on the 8th of May and I have four exams overall.I started revising on Monday and have averaged 2-4 hours a day but procrastination and sheer panic have begun to set in already.My first exam is roughly 31 days away and surely that should be enough time,as I have already revised for prelims in January so I can remember a lot of the stuff but I'm freaking out a bit as I can be pretty lazy at times.I'm aiming for AAAB this year.
Reply 57
Not friggin enough.
Reply 58
I do as much as I need to until I've finished what I planned to do. I have a big list of all the days of the easter holidays and then next to it I have what I need to do. For example,

Monday 2nd: Biology Module 1, Chemistry Module 1, Biology past paper, Chemistry past paper.
Tuesday 3rd: Psychology Module 2, Physics Module 1, Psychology past paper, Physics past paper.

Doing two subjects a day gives me a bit of variation rather than doing the same subjects every day.
Reply 59
i've been partying/raving 4 days straight since thursday and have started revising on tuesday 8 hours which i'm gonna be carry out throughout easter holidays then do as much as a i can after school until the exams are finished... its gna be muadnesS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quick Reply

Latest