The Student Room Group

King's College London Postgraduate Applications 2012/13

Scroll to see replies

Original post by HoVis
Congrats! :biggrin:

I was being considered for the (1!!) AHRC funded place for the History Master's but was apparently about three or four spaces away from getting it. :frown: So no King's for me, which is a shame!

Have they already eliminated people for funding? I'm currently waiting to hear back from King's regarding the AHRC funded studentship(s) for the MA in Late Antique and Byzantine Studies... it sounds like it might take a while (Its also one of my last opportunities to get a funded place somewhere!)
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 341
Original post by HoVis
Congrats! :biggrin:

I was being considered for the (1!!) AHRC funded place for the History Master's but was apparently about three or four spaces away from getting it. :frown: So no King's for me, which is a shame!

I'm really sorry to hear that HoVis :-( I hope you've applied to other unis and that you're successful with funding for one of them!

I'm still waiting to hear on PhD funding from KCL and almost want to know regardless of outcome at the minute. Fed up of checking emails on the off chance that some new info has been released....
Reply 342
Original post by history_geek
Have they already eliminated people for funding? I'm currently waiting to hear back from King's regarding the AHRC funded studentship(s) for the MA in Late Antique and Byzantine Studies... it sounds like it might take a while (Its also one of my last opportunities to get a funded place somewhere!)

Is the MA in the History department? I hate to be the bearer of bad news but they allocated their 1 funded space (!) yesterday. Though there might still be hope if it's run by Classics. :smile:

Did you also apply for the MPhil at Oxford?
Original post by HoVis
Is the MA in the History department? I hate to be the bearer of bad news but they allocated their 1 funded space (!) yesterday. Though there might still be hope if it's run by Classics. :smile:

Did you also apply for the MPhil at Oxford?

One masters place? Jesus. Yeah, I have a place at Oxford for the MSt degree. Were you emailed by the department, then? I thought they didn't actually tell anyone about AHRC decisions until May/June. My degree is classified under Classics and Ancient History (I think!), so I guess I'm waiting for the subject area panel to make a decision. UK funding really does leave much to be desired...
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 344
One masters place? Jesus. Yeah, I have a place at Oxford for the MSt degree. Were you emailed by the department, then? I thought they didn't actually tell anyone about AHRC decisions until May/June. My degree is classified under Classics and Ancient History (I think!), so I guess I'm waiting for the subject area panel to make a decision. UK funding really does leave much to be desired...

I'd had an interview with the course convenor a few months ago and at a event at KCL heard that the meeting was taking place, so I emailed her and asked. I felt it was better to know that live in false hope!
Original post by HoVis
I'd had an interview with the course convenor a few months ago and at a event at KCL heard that the meeting was taking place, so I emailed her and asked. I felt it was better to know that live in false hope!

That's a shame :frown: Hope you find funding somewhere! I'm currently looking abroad to find funded masters places at the moment.

Just wondering who I might be able to contact to tell me about what's happening with the King's AHRC funding for classics and ancient history...
Reply 346
That's really bad luck HoVis :frown:

Just wondered, how do you find out how many funded places there are per subject?
Reply 347
Missed my deposit deadline, but my offer is still active on the online account :lol:
Reply 348
Original post by Whirlm
That's really bad luck HoVis :frown:

Just wondered, how do you find out how many funded places there are per subject?

I think, many aeons ago, I found it on their website (there's a section deep in the subsection on AHRC funding about how it was allocated), but I was also told by a couple of tutors that they only had 1-2 places (only 1, as it turned out).
Reply 349
It sounds ridiculously competitive... well done for getting down to the final 3/4, must be so annoying getting so close :frown: Hope you find funding elsewhere. Sounds like you're a strong candidate if you got that close so hopefully somewhere will fund you!

I saw something somewhere saying Kings only have 14 funded masters places across all arts and humanities subjects, which sounds very very low.... I've sort of resigned myself to getting a CDL and doing some sort of part-time work or something...
Reply 350
Hi guys, this is my first message here!
I send my application for an MA at War Department on 22th March and I'm now waiting to know something.
In order to compete for an italian schoolarship I need to receive an invitation letter from KCL before the deadline of 17th April.
So this is a bad situation, because I need to have a quick answer from King's.

According to you, it would be better to expose my need using the box in "MyApplication" page or send an email to the MA Programme leader?

Ty all!

P.S.: Sorry for my english, I've just started a 60 yours course to get the TOEFL.
Hello, I completed my online application on 31 January for Ph.D(Psychology), IOP. I was already interviewed by potential supervisor, co-supervisor, and head of department. Moreover, my proposal was reviewed and edited, but I am still waiting for an offer............I am sick of waiting..:frown:
Reply 352
Original post by Usern4me
Hi guys, this is my first message here!
I send my application for an MA at War Department on 22th March and I'm now waiting to know something.
In order to compete for an italian schoolarship I need to receive an invitation letter from KCL before the deadline of 17th April.
So this is a bad situation, because I need to have a quick answer from King's.

According to you, it would be better to expose my need using the box in "MyApplication" page or send an email to the MA Programme leader?

Ty all!

P.S.: Sorry for my english, I've just started a 60 yours course to get the TOEFL.

Do both, and then let each of them know you have also contacted the other.

Good luck :smile:
Reply 353
Original post by theprince172525
Hello, I completed my online application on 31 January for Ph.D(Psychology), IOP. I was already interviewed by potential supervisor, co-supervisor, and head of department. Moreover, my proposal was reviewed and edited, but I am still waiting for an offer............I am sick of waiting..:frown:

I'm afraid I don't know too much about PhD offers, but other people here and in other forums seem to have had some luck after directly contacting the depatments? I'm sure a polite query asking if they have any idea when you're likely to hear a response wouldn't hurt.

Sometimes I think it can take a while for the online application system to be updated, even after they've made a decision.

But like I said, I don't really know what the timescale is for phD applications.
Reply 354
Original post by Ardilla
Do both, and then let each of them know you have also contacted the other.

Good luck :smile:

I sent an email to both King's and Ma Programme Leader and they just told me that I'll receive an answer soon.

Now I need only to waith.

hey have you heard from them about the AHRC? I still haven't heard a thing although I don't think I got it cause my current supervisor told me that she met my would be King's supervisor who mentioned me and told her that apparently they can't offer me funding. This was 2-3 weeks ago and quite frankly I am a bit annoyed that he so casually told her before the department had even made their final decisions (since they haven't informed us yet I assume that they have not)
Original post by *Corinna*
hey have you heard from them about the AHRC? I still haven't heard a thing although I don't think I got it cause my current supervisor told me that she met my would be King's supervisor who mentioned me and told her that apparently they can't offer me funding. This was 2-3 weeks ago and quite frankly I am a bit annoyed that he so casually told her before the department had even made their final decisions (since they haven't informed us yet I assume that they have not)

As this my last chance to get full funding from somewhere, I hope I'll hear back soonish. I think candidates not being considered for funding are meant to hear back during April?

fake edit: Here we are:

King's AHRC funding page
Submitted applications will be checked for eligibility and those that meet the required criteria will be passed to the relevant Subject Area Panels for consideration and selection. Decisions will be made at the latest by early April, with all applicants being notified of the selection outcome by the end of April at the latest.
As this my last chance to get full funding from somewhere, I hope I'll hear back soonish. I think candidates not being considered for funding are meant to hear back during April?

fake edit: Here we are:

so we will all hear from them, whether we get it or not. I hope you get it. I really don't think I will, but even if I did I think I prefer another offer I have from RHUL. Unless King's offered me one of the central scholarships that give more money cause the AHRC for me is just tuition fees.
Reply 358
Original post by Usern4me
I sent an email to both King's and Ma Programme Leader and they just told me that I'll receive an answer soon.

Now I need only to waith.

That's the hardest part! Good luck! :smile:
Reply 359
anyone applied to international political economy?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending