The Student Room Group
Studying in halls, University of Cambridge
University of Cambridge
Cambridge

Sidney Sussex College (Cambridge) Students and Applicants

Scroll to see replies

Reply 100
Have you started preparing for STEP yet Gordon? (Do you get any help btw?)
Studying in halls, University of Cambridge
University of Cambridge
Cambridge
Reply 101
well i shall also add my musings to why i picked sidney.......it's small and v. pweety and was definately the friendliest college i visited. It's riiight in the centre of town. And when i went round a mother duckie and her chicks were waddling on the lawns......awww so cuute :biggrin:
bluecat
well i shall also add my musings to why i picked sidney.......it's small and v. pweety and was definately the friendliest college i visited. It's riiight in the centre of town. And when i went round a mother duckie and her chicks were waddling on the lawns......awww so cuute :biggrin:

I'm not really sure why we have ducks as we have no water at all, not even a pond! I'm also surprised Pebbles hasn't eaten them.
Yeah started having a look at them - Glossopdale is useless - 'you want help with what papers?' But have found a PhD student at Manc that doesnt mind chatting about maths so he's giving me a hand. There getting easier (but that doesnt specify where I started :rolleyes: )

Have you kicked off yet?
Reply 104
I only properly started this week (I'd only looked at the odd question before that). I've only looked at STEP II so far also (I'm too scared to look at STEP III), but they are getting easier.

Ridge haven't offered any support yet (it took them 10 minutes to realise I wasn't inquiring about disabled access, "you need help with the steps?") but they said they were going to try and get something sorted.
Reply 105
*Joanna*
I'm not really sure why we have ducks as we have no water at all, not even a pond! I'm also surprised Pebbles hasn't eaten them.

hmm i know i was suprised too. chance event i guess......but they were gorgeous!!
datr
it took them 10 minutes to realise I wasn't inquiring about disabled access, "you need help with the steps?"

:rofl: I love the way neither your college or mine know anything about these papers...
Reply 107
In an attempt to resuscitate...

Did anyone else get the letter asking for a photograph for an id card?
datr
In an attempt to resuscitate...

Did anyone else get the letter asking for a photograph for an id card?

yes, yes i did.

Shoud probably get on and take picture of me
Thanks for reminding me - that was on my list of jobs for today...
Make sure it's a good one- it stays with you til you graduate! And try and get it as close to the correct size as possible becuase they stretch it to fit so you might end up with a very odd shaped face.
Anyone on facebook thats going to sidney this year? theres a group "Sidney sussex students starting october 2007", was quite surprised when i found it lol
Reply 112
moi- i joined the other day cos there was someone who i recognised from my open day. she also got in for my subject, which was nice, nd we had a bit of a catch up. She's the creator actually.
Thanks, i just joined the group now :smile:
Am I being really dense, I cant find it...
GordonP
Am I being really dense, I cant find it...

i just searched sidney sussex when i found it, but now i only find this when i type that in lol.
15.) The most overdue book in the world was borrowed from Sidney Sussex College in Cambridge, England and was returned 288 years later.
AppleCrumble
i just searched sidney sussex when i found it, but now i only find this when i type that in lol.
15.) The most overdue book in the world was borrowed from Sidney Sussex College in Cambridge, England and was returned 288 years later.

Lol, you'd never get away with that now- we get regular emails telling us to give out books back if we forget, then fines!
Anyone else can't wait for october?
Reply 118
You're awfully confident. :tongue:
Reply 119
me, as long as i get my grades. however, need to start revising- i keep forgetting i've only got around 8 weeks left till my first exam!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending