The Student Room Group

Edexcel IGCSE Maths June 2011 4H solutions

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by the-chosen-one
Really?! the EASIEST?! :s-smilie: :s-smilie:

Actually I kinda agree, I thought it was easier than all the past papers I've ever done.. which is kinda annoying really, because I know how to answer harder questions and now the grade boundaries are likely to be high :| I got 90 on the first paper and 97 on the second.. I really hope the boundaries aren't stupidly high.
Reply 21
Original post by ntonks
Can you post the one for Math B P2 too?

I will get round to it but not atm
Reply 22
Original post by maramore
Actually I kinda agree, I thought it was easier than all the past papers I've ever done.. which is kinda annoying really, because I know how to answer harder questions and now the grade boundaries are likely to be high :| I got 90 on the first paper and 97 on the second.. I really hope the boundaries aren't stupidly high.

That's a fantastic score. A* guaranteed. =]
Reply 23
Firstly, thank you very much for posting the model answers.

Secondly, I have two questions.

1) Would I get any marks if I used the quadratic formula for 21 c) and got two negative numbers?

2) With the surds question I broke both surds down to 2(square root)6 x (square root)18 x (square root)8, would I get any marks?
Original post by helphelphelphelp
for 15a, if we wrote 2x - 6 instead of 2(x-3), do you think we'll get it?

thats what i did - yeah we will:h:
Original post by maramore

I've done all the past papers since 2004, some of them even twice, and I thought 3H was definitely one of the hardest out of all the previous papers. However, I thought 4H was a fair paper in comparison to the past papers.
With 90 and 97 you're definitely going to get an A*. I hope the boundaries aren't anything higher than 85 :s-smilie:
Reply 26
What percentage is A* likely to be???
Reply 27
For the surd question, if i have put: root50root6 = 5root2root6 will they give me the points?
Original post by mrmanps
I know from being an examiner for Edexcel that boundaries arent decided until late July and they are done on means, standard deivations, comparison to previous years etc however, I have to say, apart from one standard form question on 3H which made me think a little :wink: this has been the easiest set of IGCSE papers to date. So high I would imagine

2008 was WAY easier..
Reply 29
I've done all the past papers since 2004, some of them even twice, and I thought 3H was definitely one of the hardest out of all the previous papers. However, I thought 4H was a fair paper in comparison to the past papers.
With 90 and 97 you're definitely going to get an A*. I hope the boundaries aren't anything higher than 85 :s-smilie:

Hmm, I disagree but maybe I've just improved since I did the papers?
With 90 and 97 you're definitely going to get an A*. I hope the boundaries aren't anything higher than 85

my teacher said the average boundaries are 85 for an A*, they wont be higher than 90 for definate - even though they were fairly easy.
Reply 31
Original post by olivers16
Firstly, thank you very much for posting the model answers.

Secondly, I have two questions.

1) Would I get any marks if I used the quadratic formula for 21 c) and got two negative numbers?

2) With the surds question I broke both surds down to 2(square root)6 x (square root)18 x (square root)8, would I get any marks?

Most likely some method marks for both
For the surds question, I misread the question and left my answer as 10root3.
How many method marks would I pick up for this?
Wow thanks so much! 4H was definitely better than 3H. Think I got an A overall (:
Reply 34
For the surds question, I misread the question and left my answer at 10root3.
How many method marks would I pick up for this?

Dont know sorry
What's the highest the maths igcse boundary has ever been?
Reply 36
Original post by mrmanps
I know from being an examiner for Edexcel that boundaries arent decided until late July and they are done on means, standard deivations, comparison to previous years etc however, I have to say, apart from one standard form question on 3H which made me think a little :wink: this has been the easiest set of IGCSE papers to date. So high I would imagine

Could you give a rough guess

Also if the bisector lines are drawn in pencil is it ok? :smile:
Does anyone know what the highest A* grade boundary has been previously?
awesome! combined score of 192-194/200!
Reply 39
got 92% :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest