University of Leicester
Leicester
Visit website

Leicester 2012 Applicants

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by Liam 09
Haha well I guess we aren't really in competition then :tongue:
I'm predicted AAB for Chem/Bio/Psychology. So you're pretty sure of an offer then haha.

:s Hope so. But they ask for ABB so your prediction fits the requirement very nicely too! Hope we both get in!
University of Leicester
University of Leicester
Leicester
Visit website
Reply 61
Applied for Ancient History and Archaeology but probably as an insurance
Reply 62
Original post by Hazpinkel

Original post by Hazpinkel
i applied too, but mine was an insurance choice for medicine :biggrin: GOOD LUCK hope you get in :smile:

thankyou, It's definitely my first or second choice. good luck to you too! :smile:
Original post by Captain Hindsight
whats the place like? I've applied to leicester for english and history, but I live in the south so i will probably only visit if they give me an offer

It's really nice to be honest, I could see myself there completely! It's all on one campus, which I love and the students union and the library in particular were lovely and modern :redface:

I didn't have high expectations of Leicester, and only visited it because I don't live far and I was considering it... but now it's one of my choices :biggrin:

Sadly, I didn't visit the accommodation (was restricted with time) but my friend did and said it's really nice, just a bit far away from the campus.
Reply 64
Original post by blondie :)
It's really nice to be honest, I could see myself there completely! It's all on one campus, which I love and the students union and the library in particular were lovely and modern :redface:

I didn't have high expectations of Leicester, and only visited it because I don't live far and I was considering it... but now it's one of my choices :biggrin:

Sadly, I didn't visit the accommodation (was restricted with time) but my friend did and said it's really nice, just a bit far away from the campus.

the library is amazing, i started this year and i am in the library right now :biggrin:

the accommodation is quite far, JohnFoster / Digby / Beaumont are about a 40 minute walk BUT because its so far arriva run a cool Leicester university Bendy bus that picks people up from accommodation and takes you to the unu, so it wonttake long at all. (but it is overcrowded at peak times!)

some of the accommodation is really nice like john foster, but not all of the accomodation is amazing,- I am in Digby hall's and the rooms are pretty old fashioned, but the way its set out makes it a really sociable and fun place to be!
(lots of grass and stuff)
whats the place like? I've applied to leicester for english and history, but I live in the south so i will probably only visit if they give me an offer

I've applied to study English Literature there. It was really nice. The campus was lovely! And the library was amazing! Really modern and loads of computers and places to work etc. Accommodation was nice, there are always more old-fashioned rooms wherever you go. I found that the rooms priced in the middle were the nicest! They are about a 10 minute bus ride from the campus but it's quite nice like that. It's set out like a little village! Lecturers for English seemed very good and passionate about what they do! Can't say for History though I'm afraid! Hope this helps:smile:
Original post by daisy-lynn
I've applied to study English Literature there. It was really nice. The campus was lovely! And the library was amazing! Really modern and loads of computers and places to work etc. Accommodation was nice, there are always more old-fashioned rooms wherever you go. I found that the rooms priced in the middle were the nicest! They are about a 10 minute bus ride from the campus but it's quite nice like that. It's set out like a little village! Lecturers for English seemed very good and passionate about what they do! Can't say for History though I'm afraid! Hope this helps:smile:

thanks for the comment, it was quite insightful
from what i've heard, it seems quite nice and i like the fact that it is a campus uni
10 minute bus ride hmm, not bad, could be worse

What is Leicester like as a city? is the nightlife etc good?

what other choices have you picked btw
Just got an offer from Leicester for L720 - don't know conditions yet but so happy!! :smile: At least I can stay in Leicester now. :smile:
thanks for the comment, it was quite insightful
from what i've heard, it seems quite nice and i like the fact that it is a campus uni
10 minute bus ride hmm, not bad, could be worse

What is Leicester like as a city? is the nightlife etc good?

what other choices have you picked btw

No problem, yeah I think it might be quite nice to have a little distance (maybe not if your running late for a lecture!) I don't live close but I have done quite a bit of research because I think it's one of my favourites and from what I've heard it's good. Quite a variety of clubs and bars to suit people etc.
I've applied to Leeds, Loughborough, Manchester and Surrey as well. Obviously the night life will be better in somewhere like Manchester but it's a city university which is a bit off putting to me an my lack of directional skills!! Where have you applied to?
Reply 69
Hey guys, I applied to Leicester for Medical Genetics. Do you know how long does it take for uni to give an answer? I'm predicted A*AAb but have no GCSE's done in this country. May that take longer to consider non-British but EU student?
I sent my application 2 weeks ago and still no answer so just started to worry as lots of people already got an offer.
Cheers
Reply 70
Original post by emma363
applied for biological science yesterday :smile:

i've applied too :smile: good luck with your application :smile:
Reply 71
Original post by gina3706

i've applied too :smile: good luck with your application :smile:

thanks you too :smile: have you got an acknowledgement from them or do they not send them out?
Reply 72
Original post by emma363
thanks you too :smile: have you got an acknowledgement from them or do they not send them out?

yeah they acknowledged mine via email 3 days after i sent it, just says they have received it and are currently considering it
Reply 73

yeah they acknowledged mine via email 3 days after i sent it, just says they have received it and are currently considering it

Eeep, I havn't got one D:
Reply 74
has anybody got an offer from biological/medical sciences?
Reply 75
I got a conditional offer of ABB for History and American studies today :biggrin: I sent my application on October 10th :smile:
YAY :smile: its my first choice!
Reply 76
I sent my application off on the 28th September, got an offer today for American Studies (4 years) for ABB... first choice :smile:
Reply 77
Original post by flower269
has anybody got an offer from biological/medical sciences?

I got a conditional offer for medical biochem today, don't know what the offer is yet though!
Reply 78
Original post by whotosee
I got a conditional offer for medical biochem today, don't know what the offer is yet though!

well done:smile: when did you send your application and what are your predicted grades?I'm soooo nervous,
thanks
Reply 79
Has anyone got an offer for medical genetics yet? I'm getting so nervous :/
I've applied for it as my back up if I don't get into medicine.

Quick Reply

Latest