The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

hey, people saying that trinity haven't "fished" anyone outta the pool, my friend today received a direct offer from Trinity for Geography :smile:
Reply 2701
Original post by Rei_Rei

Original post by Rei_Rei
In the email I received from Trinity they did specifically ask that applicants do not contact them. As far as I know no Trinity fishes have heard anything yet so it's probably best to just be patient.

What I understand is do not contact other colleges' admission offices? Don't know really. There was one Trinity Maths applicant got reinterviewed at Fitz.
Original post by S Y M B ii O T
Hello everyone,

Just thought I'd leave a post now that my experience with the winter pool has concluded. This thread has been a wonderful source of information over the past weekend and thanks to everyone who has been contributed and helped to make this process a little more bearable.

I was pooled by Jesus for Natural Sciences (Physical) last thursday and last night was notified by email that Churchill would offer me a place.

Still thinking about everyone still waiting, it's not over just yet so don't give up!

Hmm.. I was pooled by Trinity for physical NatSci, so it'd be really helpful if you could give me an idea of what your qualifications were... any IMOs or such? idk... I was kind of hoping Churchill might have shown interest in my application.
Well Done. It must be a huge relief for you.
Reply 2703
Original post by Rei_Rei
In the email I received from Trinity they did specifically ask that applicants do not contact them. As far as I know no Trinity fishes have heard anything yet so it's probably best to just be patient.

you mean poolees

So, do they categorize pooled applicants by colleges and then give / reject offers? Probably that is why no one has still heard??
Reply 2704
Due to stats Natsci pooled from Jesus got the most offer by other colleges up to 20 O_o Should be a huge relief for Jesus poolees. I like Jesus as well!
Reply 2705
a medicine fish...haven't heard a thing.. :frown:
Reply 2706
We're just baby fishes and so it's hard for them to fish. Thus longer time required!
Original post by Woopdedoop

Original post by Woopdedoop
I've been taking some solace from this so I thought I might as well give my details.

I applied for physical natsci at Pembroke (Pembroke seems to have pooled loads!) and haven't heard anything yet. :eek:

I'm in the same boat (ha! lame pun) regarding phys natsci at Pem, it's very unnerving... I might have an ulcer soon :P I'm also trying to read these posts in an effort to comfort me.. some help, while others just crush that recently built-up hope. Good luck with your application, let us know how it turns out :smile:
Reply 2709
Really enjoyed Guardian Article in Ydraggisl post. Read it!
A good read thanks for the article.

This is what it all looks like :frown:

Reply 2712
I was just thinking 'my application was somewhere in that room' :tongue:
Reply 2714
I just read the article, strangely it made me feel a lot better about the whole process! Some of the quotes are quite brutal though, like the boy they pooled because "I feel sorry for him, but I don't think we can fix the problem"...
Reply 2715
Wow that was an interesting article thanks for posting
I wonder what they said when they picked out my file :s
Original post by El_Matador
I wonder what they said when they picked out my file :s

I was thinking the same thing.
It made me depressed...
Reply 2718
Original post by Poppy Turner
I was thinking the same thing.
It made me depressed...

At least you have been fished out already... Not everybody did... So u should be happy !! :smile:
Original post by Kellettwm
Afraid not :frown: History :biggrin: Any idea of what hall you want to go to? :smile:

Probably Clifton Hill House - I hear they have pianos, and it's central, and lovely roomsss!! :smile:

Latest