The Student Room Group

AQA GCSE Physics P2 Exam - 30th May 2012

How did everyone find it? :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
How long was your paper and did you do a higher/foundation paper?
Reply 2
Absoloutley flaming easy
u thought it was a really fair paper
should be on course for my A*
:biggrin:
how did u find it?
btw this is AQA?
Reply 3
Original post by AdamZ1
How long was your paper and did you do a higher/foundation paper?

Paper was an hour, higher tier :wink:
Reply 4
Original post by aran09
Absoloutley flaming easy
u thought it was a really fair paper
should be on course for my A*
:biggrin:
how did u find it?
btw this is AQA?

ah you must have done pretty well then, i thought it was a little tricky in some places. what did you put for the question about not using electric scales after drinking lots of water?

and yes, this is AQA :smile:
Reply 5
Why are people posting about momentum questions and components in a cirucit, unless they're talking about foundation tier? Also what did you put for the maximum speed the person can travel and what equation did you use?
Reply 6
I heard the grade boundaries will be low because that exam was hard because of the lack of equations and the large quantity of written answers.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
I put for the water one it conducts electricity , I wasn't sure about that one but I think I did better than my friend who put 'it makes you want to pee' :') I'm also confused about the maximum speed question, anybody do it?
Reply 8
Lack of equations? There were atleast 4 questions on the equations but you had to find out which one to use yourself(with the equation sheet provided)
There was another 45 minute exam I think, at first I thought I'd missed out a page:')
I found it really hard! Annoyed as I was expecting it to be good. For the water one I wrote that water creates lower resistance so he'd be more likely to get electrocuted.
Reply 11
Original post by AdamZ1
Lack of equations? There were atleast 4 questions on the equations but you had to find out which one to use yourself(with the equation sheet provided)

Compared to previous tests - if you read the specimen paper half the marks are from equations.
On this there was 10 marks.

what did everyone put for calculating the maximum speed of the miner? What equation?
Reply 13
Original post by ladygabriela97
what did everyone put for calculating the maximum speed of the miner? What equation?

I think I put 17.3? That one was hard haha

Reply 14
How did you come to that answer, what equation did you use?
Reply 15
The kinetic energy equation, I think it's wrong though, as I ended up rearranging the equation to be like v = square root of (2Ek/m)

Reply 16
I used the kinetic energy equation aswell but I didn't square root it.
Reply 17
I think you had to otherwise the answer would have been v squared

Reply 18
The max speed was 17.something, the test was so easy! A here I come!!! Maybe A*...
Reply 19
Original post by grammar12
The max speed was 17.something, the test was so easy! A here I come!!! Maybe A*...

I had to laugh when I saw your name is grammar and you used more than one '!' in a row. No hate though, just made me laugh :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest