The Student Room Group

Anyone else feel sick at the sight of other people taking drugs

Just came back into halls at uni from the library and saw a big group of my housemates lighting a bong or whatever for weed..hearing about drugs, reading about them, doesn't make feel as bad as actually seeing it done and being around people doing it does...I just wana hear that I'm not the only one that feels like this! People that do drugs, I don't need to hear your comments. I don't hate or judge people that do it, it's their own choice, just as it's mine to avoid them.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Anonymous
Just came back into halls at uni from the library and saw a big group of my housemates lighting a bong or whatever for weed..hearing about drugs, reading about them, doesn't make feel as bad as actually seeing it done and being around people doing it does...I just wana hear that I'm not the only one that feels like this! People that do drugs, I don't need to hear your comments. I don't hate or judge people that do it, it's their own choice, just as it's mine to avoid them.

You felt sick at the sight of other people smoking marijuana? Jesus.

I can understand your feelings towards something like cocaine or heroine, but weed? :rofl:

Do you feel as sick when you see someone smoking cigarettes?
Reply 2
You felt sick when you saw people smoking weed? Do you feel the same when someone lights a cigarette? They're arguably more harmful.

I thought this was going to be someone injected coke under a train bridge or something lol

To answer your question, no, whether it's smoking, popping or jabbing, it doesn't bother me. I do often have the thought of, "Wow, that seems... fun.", but certainly don't feel sick. Although, I do a lot of first aid instructing, so perhaps syringes are the norm to me.
Reply 3
Anonymous

I feel the same, I don't mind people doing drugs but for the love of all that is holy please keep it behind closed doors...it's only polite. I smoke tobacco myself but maintain to do so at the designated spots and preferably out of the way from non smokers. It's not even really the act that irritates me but rather the damn over fascination that annoys me.... wow you're smoking weed... bully for you then eh? Why is it so important that you have to flaunt it in a generally public location, what's wrong with the privacy of your own rooms..
Reply 4
Jeez it doesnt take much to upset you does it? I used to watch my boyfriend take dozens of pills at a time, snort mountains of coke, ketamine and speed... thankfully he doesnt touch anything now. But weed is hardly offensive.

Also, do you feel the same when you see someone drinking so much they become paraletic? Alcohol comes with far more problems than weed. Its far more volatile.
OP I agree with you.
Dont let all the people on here who think weed should be legalised make you think you're weird.
Loads of people at my old school used to do it. It's kind of depressing just watching a circle of people monged off their faces in a smoky garage.
Lol.. I was thinking the same thing as both of you.. Seriously, weed is fine, it's pretty difficult to do much damage with weed.. Anything else though would be more understandable.. I'd hate to watch people injecting or snorting.. Just why??
I don't feel sick when I see many things; but I have been desensitised by our media. Thank God.
Reply 8
Antonia87
Jeez it doesnt take much to upset you does it? I used to watch my boyfriend take dozens of pills at a time, snort mountains of coke, ketamine and speed... thankfully he doesnt touch anything now. But weed is hardly offensive.

Also, do you feel the same when you see someone drinking so much they become paraletic? Alcohol comes with far more problems than weed. Its far more volatile.

I personally feel the same in regards to alcohol. Not to the point of sick as the OP but it really, really, really annoys me.
Reply 9
loxton1989
I personally feel the same in regards to alcohol. Not to the point of sick as the OP but it really, really, really annoys me.

You've lived a sheltered life, bless. :console:
Reply 10
loxton1989
I feel the same, I don't mind people doing drugs but for the love of all that is holy please keep it behind closed doors...it's only polite. I smoke tobacco myself but maintain to do so at the designated spots and preferably out of the way from non smokers. It's not even really the act that irritates me but rather the damn over fascination that annoys me.... wow you're smoking weed... bully for you then eh? Why is it so important that you have to flaunt it in a generally public location, what's wrong with the privacy of your own rooms..

This, basically.

I realise people are going to do drugs, and nothing I say will stop them so there's no point in trying, but please don't flaunt it in my face.
Reply 11
Kevin J
You've lived a sheltered life, bless. :console:

haha I'd hardly call it a sheltered life at all. I am merely annoyed by the apparent paradigm shift in perceptions of the British public and quite frankly I place blame upon the open abuse of substances in all. I'm in favor of the quiet and dignified figure than that which appears highly brash with an over developed sense of self as we see becoming the norm nowadays largely thanks to the Americanization of British culture.
Reply 12
Antonia87

Hah, yeah well luckily I don't hang around people that do heavier drugs than weed, I really don't know how I'd cope seeing it. I know my bf's done weed and MDMA before me and that's fine, as long as he doesn't do it again. And I don't see anyone close to me doing it, I guess that would upset me (seeing it, they can do it as long as I don't see it lol)
With the alcohol, if they are ridiculously wasted and doing 'paraletic' things then yeah. Moderate levels of drunk, like most people do, no, I drink myself sometimes occasionally (occasionally as in once a month?). And no cigarettes are fine, apart from the smell, I just walk by and hold my breath.

I was just thinking, maybe it's seeing a bunch of people doing it together in a group? I don't know if I'd have the same reaction (of feeling physically sick) if it was just someone by themselves. Same goes for a bunch of wasted people, it is kind of intimidating. Then again if someone walks past me on the street and they look like they're high on something it does freak me out a little bit. The feeling physically sick is in extreme cases. Guess I'm in the minority here :wink:
Reply 13
I'm not so sure that fags are more harmful than splifs... Fags have a filter, splifs don't! Yes OP, that would scare me too... Although I am considering trying weed after A-levels.
Reply 14
loxton1989
haha I'd hardly call it a sheltered life at all. I am merely annoyed by the apparent paradigm shift in perceptions of the British public and quite frankly I place blame upon the open abuse of substances in all. I'm in favor of the quiet and dignified figure than that which appears highly brash with an over developed sense of self as we see becoming the norm nowadays largely thanks to the Americanization of British culture.

:sleep:
Reply 15
not when most people do it

when someone's a complete waste of space pothead then yeah, it's kind of repulsive seeing them at it..

it's like junk food. when normal people eat it, it doesn't bother me. but if i see a fat in mcdonalds...
Reply 16
Kevin J
:sleep:

Yes... great rebuttal
Reply 17
Rocious
not when most people do it

when someone's a complete waste of space pothead then yeah, it's kind of repulsive seeing them at it..

it's like junk food. when normal people eat it, it doesn't bother me. but if i see a fat in mcdonalds...

wtf is that thing in your sig
Reply 18
Asha5692
I'm not so sure that fags are more harmful than splifs... Fags have a filter, splifs don't! Yes OP, that would scare me too... Although I am considering trying weed after A-levels.

:facepalm:

You're right, you're not so sure.

How many people have died through health reasons from smoking week? Not many.

How many people have died through health reasons from smoking cigarettes? LOADS.

I'm not gonna go through the health comparisons between both cannabis and nicotine, but google before you make a post regarding the two.
Anonymous

So you're asking "Does anyone else feel like this?" and then you're telling the people who won't feel like this to go away? Sort of defeats the purpose of asking the question.

Congratulations on being an ill-informed product of our nations fruitless and frankly, ridiculous, war on drugs.

Latest

Trending

Trending