The Student Room Group

Event Stewarding

Just wondering if anyone does/or ever has done event stewarding at concerts/football matches etc? I've seen a job advertised, pays about £6p/h with £8p/h for event security stewards but just wondered if anyone had any experience good or bad?
Reply 1
Do you need a SIA certificate for doing event security? I wouldn't mind working as a security steward at a gig.
Reply 2
My friend event stewards at Chelsea FC on matchdays.
He didn't need any special quals etc and they train him on the job too and help him towards getting quals like that.
Go for it :wink:

EDIT: If it requires anything special like SIA then it should say on the app, if not go for it. Best of luck :smile:
I'm just guessing but pretty sure that event security would require the sia certificate. Event stewards on the other hand I think get first aid training with inductions etc but no need for the sia badge
Afro_Enthusiast
Just wondering if anyone does/or ever has done event stewarding at concerts/football matches etc? I've seen a job advertised, pays about £6p/h with £8p/h for event security stewards but just wondered if anyone had any experience good or bad?

Where can I find a stewarding job ?
Two companies I know of that are recruiting, albeit in Scotland, are G4s and Securigroup!
Been doing this work for 5 years now all over the UK, both with and without my SIA badges (Door, CCTV and Close Protection), and recommend it. PM me if you want to know more about a certain company; I have had good and bad experiences.
Reply 7
Original post by Nayberay
My friend event stewards at Chelsea FC on matchdays.
He didn't need any special quals etc and they train him on the job too and help him towards getting quals like that.
Go for it :wink:

EDIT: If it requires anything special like SIA then it should say on the app, if not go for it. Best of luck :smile:

Can you ask how your friend got the vacancy at chelsea FC as I would very much like to apply for the job

Reply 8
I have a friend who does it. She had no experience so I assume they trained her themselves. She doesn't get much work, particularly in winter, but she seems to enjoy it well enough.
I have done some event Stewarding during the Olympics and have worked at other venues including Wembley Stadium, Charlton Athletic FC (The Valley), Notting Hill Cannival. I have a Level 2 qualification in Stewarding at Spectators Events. I also have SIA Security Licence (Guarding), with Retail and Corporate security experience. I am interested about the vacancy and will like to know more.
Reply 11
Original post by asdalol
Do you need a SIA certificate for doing event security? I wouldn't mind working as a security steward at a gig.

Yeah, Preferably the Door Supervisor one since most work is in licensed venues (Sells booze)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending