The Student Room Group

The 'How to Approach Random Girls in the Street' Thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
( i know this wasnt in the street but its still relevant)

I had my Law ball last wedesday. So im sitting there on the table and see this amazing ( i thought she was anyway) waitress. After looking at her for about an hour, and being egged on by friend, i went up to her when she putting stuff on a tray. I didnt really expect anything to happen but i want to tell her i thought she was hot.
So i said excuse me, said that if i didnt say anything id regret it later, i told her i thought she was hot, to which she asked if i was joking, i said i wasnt to which she replied with thanks, but i have a bf.

It felt good to actually say something but was a bit embarrassing after, hence why i dont normally approach women.
METHOD #11 The walk away
I will admit, I saw this one on a kids show, but it intrigued me so I think it deserves to be tested. The show was Drake and Josh btw. Josh, the socially awkward one, at the advice of his mother, walks up to a girl (a hot one, the type that gets guys talking to her all the time) he compliments her clothes, and then he walks away. Went a bit like this

Josh: Hi, those are really nice shoes
Girl: Yeah, whatever
Josh (smiles and turns to walk away)
Girl (shocked): Wait, aren't you going to try and flirt with me?
Josh: No :smile:
Girl: Then why did you compliment my shoes?
Josh: I just thought they were really cool shoes :smile:
Girl: Oh, right. Thanks :smile:

*conversation begins*

Obviously this was a tv show and things wouldn't happen like this in real life. But maybe as girls are so used to hearing things like 'Nice shirt, I wanna **** you', that when they hear a genuine compliment and think you are genuinely interested then they will be more willing to talk to you.
Reply 82
Original post by Lewroll
METHOD #11 The walk away
I will admit, I saw this one on a kids show, but it intrigued me so I think it deserves to be tested. The show was Drake and Josh btw. Josh, the socially awkward one, at the advice of his mother, walks up to a girl (a hot one, the type that gets guys talking to her all the time) he compliments her clothes, and then he walks away. Went a bit like this

Josh: Hi, those are really nice shoes
Girl: Yeah, whatever
Josh (smiles and turns to walk away)
Girl (shocked): Wait, aren't you going to try and flirt with me?
Josh: No :smile:
Girl: Then why did you compliment my shoes?
Josh: I just thought they were really cool shoes :smile:
Girl: Oh, right. Thanks :smile:

*conversation begins*

Obviously this was a tv show and things wouldn't happen like this in real life. But maybe as girls are so used to hearing things like 'Nice shirt, I wanna **** you', that when they hear a genuine compliment and think you are genuinely interested then they will be more willing to talk to you.

I think you're officially my favourite kinda roll :smile:

And this kinda thing works both ways...

In my experience, (eg at a bus stop) with guys if you comment on their phone or something or if they're listening to their music particularly loudly and you can hear it; catch their eye and then make an offhanded comment about it coupled with a crooked half smile before looking away / busying yourself with your own stuff as if you're not looking for a conversation past that one off comment they'll try to start up a conversation with you because you didn't try to continue one... :wink:
The, I think your hair/ shirt is awesome and walk away thing works on guys too... But only if the tshirt's witty or something or the hair's not your average hairstyle in the first place. :smile:
I normally try and hit on impressionable Indie girls wearing the same Reading Festival wristbands as me :biggrin:
Original post by Lewroll
We've all been there. Your walking down the street/public place when all of a sudden BOOM! You are suddenly faced by the most gorgeous boy/girl/etc you could imagine. Everything suddenly goes in slow motion and Sexual Healing by Marvin Gaye starts to play in the back of your head. You stand there looking at this beauty like this :eek:/:sogood:/:coma: and you watch them walk away forever. And then you spend the next hour or so wishing you'd approached them or fantasisng about your dream life together.

Its happened to the best of us (myself included). It probably happens to TSRians more than the average person seeing as so many of us seem to be socially retarded (not me of course :ninja:)

It is also against the social norms to talk to strangers in public in case the stranger could be a rapist or a paedophile or a murderer. I myself have spent many train journeys sat in silence, staring lustfully into the eyes of the girl sitting opposite me (like this :drool:) while she stared back (like this:lolwut:). 'If only it wasn't against the social norms!' I think to myself 'Otherwise she would probably come over here to talk to me'. If only I had the appropriate skill to avoid social awkwardness and succeed in winning that girls phone number and her heart.

May I present the 'How to approach random girls and/or boys in the street and/or public place Thread'. This thread should give the average xbox playing, redtube watching dysfunctional TSRian the necessary skills to succeed in real life situations.

What I propose is everyone posts a different method of approaching a fe/male in public and posts their own experiences of it. Hopefully we should end up with a nice long list of ways to approach your desired sex in the street, so that you can get some :perv:

To make things more interesting, I personally1, shall 'test' the most popular methods2 in real life and report back with my findings :colonhash:

1- I will test the most popular techniques in real life so that you don't have to. I will be the test dummy. However if anyone else would like to join the team of test dummies, you are very welcome to.
2- Most popular methods within reason. If one of the most popular methods is to approach a girl in the street whilst waving my penis in her face, I will not do it.
3- If you are thinking 'this thread is pathetic' or something along those lines, GTFO. If this thread helps even one person then it has been successful.

Tldr; post a method for approaching a stranger in the street (to get their phone number/ask them out) which you think would be successful. Be creative.

I was in london the other day, in sloane square and this random guy came up and talked to me for like 15 minutes...i felt rude saying i was meeting someone for a date and i couldn't get away until i insisted i had to get something from a shop, or something. He was a nice bloke though, i like it when random people talk to you, it makes life slightly more interesting.
I just walk up to a love-ah-ly lady, flash a smile, and say 'sweetcheeks, I'm a man, you're a woman. You do the math.'

Never fails! (To fail.) :cool:
Original post by Lewroll
METHOD #98 The asker of directions

This is a great way to talk to someone without freaking them out. Its socially acceptable to talk to strangers in two situations (according to Michael Mcintyre). The first being to ask the time. The second is when you are asking for directions. This technique focuses on the 2nd.

Guy (notices hot girl in a public place). Approaches her from the front with a friendly smile
You: Excuse me do you know how to get to [Insert bull**** place you don't really want to go to]
Girl: Yeah what you wanna do is take a left at BLAH BLAH BLAH
Guy (pretend to listen, maybe even nod and ask the occasional question to make it look realistic- keep eye contact (not creepy))
Guy: Thanks a lot
Girl: Its ok (turns to walk away)
Guy: Oh one more thing. I didn't actually stop you to ask you directions, I just wanted an excuse to talk to you as I think you look amazing/beautiful
Girl: Reeeeaally?? :colondollar:
Guy: :sexface:

See with this technique the girl isn't freaked out by your approach as she wasn't expecting it. She was already comfortable talking to you as she had already spoken to you for a moment previously.

This is all theory of course. Hasn't yet been tested... O_O

Au contraire mon frere.
I've been asked directions on multiple occasions and it actually makes me feel flustered and uncomfortable for the first 30 seconds or so because it takes you around 10 seconds to digest that someone is talking to you randomly (especially if they're hot) and then 10 seconds to think about how you actually do get to the place, and another 10 seconds to reel it back to them as slowly as possible (which tends to be as fast as possible). Sometimes it's like doing an oral exam, the pressure is so intense. Imagine if you gave them wrong directions, what a fool you'd feel!
Original post by Lewroll
I might go out with my mate during the summer and secretly record all our attempts. I hope I don't cry on camera :cry2:

Subed! I would be more then happy to do this with you, just for the lolz - Also it is kinda fun to be honest.

THIS ONE HAS BEEN TESTED!!! Works 1/1 Times!!!!!!!!!!

Go up to a girl in waitorse and ask her to pick out a birthday present for your female friend, say that she looks fashionable, carry it with your personality and ask if she wants to stay in contact for just in case for the next major holiday such as getting her an easter present.

Works 1/1 times :wink:
Original post by Residue of Spandex
I normally try and hit on impressionable Indie girls wearing the same Reading Festival wristbands as me :biggrin:

Skill.
Reply 89

for all the scientists.
That'll get a pusseh on yo dick.
Original post by Lewroll

What if you do a sneak attack and she doesn't see you coming?

I believe they call that rape hahaha
JUST DONT DO IT

Just kidding.....:biggrin:

I HATE guys approaching me on the street,especially when you're walking on your own and the guy is asking you 'Sup?' and 'Where you going' :curious: There's something stalker-ish about it. :L

On the rare occasions which I have given out my number....The guy initiated conversation by saying something like 'I'm sorry,but it would be a crime to let a beautiful girl like you walk by'.....I do NOT normally fall for those cheesy lines but it just sounded so funny,I just couldn't help but laugh,and we ended up having a little chat and exchanging numbers. :biggrin:
The other time I actually gave out my REAL number was when the guy walked past me,then about 2minutes later,decided to chase me up the road. He was all out of breath and ish and he was like 'C'mon,you have to give me your number now'. I guess he went for the sympathy card and it worked.

But a bit of advice....Do NOT touch her. Surely I am not the only girls who doesn't appreciate having their arm pulled and tugged by a stranger trying to get your attention,drunk or not -_-.
Also,try to get them to actually stop and talk to you,instead of walking alongside them,because it can feel kind of creepy of some random guy just starts walking next to you and starts questioning you.

Good Luck Homie :biggrin:
Some months ago a guy started talking to me randomly at the street and he succeed haha we went for a date some days after.. i was in a snack bar and left the snack bar eating something, then the guy came up to me and said "you seem hungry! this one is good?" and i thought that he is crazy but he introduced himself and asked where im from and we started talking on my way back home so he asked for my number and we went for a date, didn't worked thought,we just had very different personalities.. but his approach worked,sounded very natural
Reply 93
You can always try the ol' "Hey, have we met before, you look realllly familiar? Its a start. :smile:
Original post by Milky Milk
Au contraire mon frere.
I've been asked directions on multiple occasions and it actually makes me feel flustered and uncomfortable for the first 30 seconds or so because it takes you around 10 seconds to digest that someone is talking to you randomly (especially if they're hot) and then 10 seconds to think about how you actually do get to the place, and another 10 seconds to reel it back to them as slowly as possible (which tends to be as fast as possible). Sometimes it's like doing an oral exam, the pressure is so intense. Imagine if you gave them wrong directions, what a fool you'd feel!

This. Don't ask a random person you've never before met for something they might not even know.

You could, however, ask a girl in a store if she could recommend some clothes, say, because it's your [female] friend's birthday soon and you'd like to buy her some as a present. Especially since she's been upset recently over [something or other].

That way you can compliment her genuinely (e.g. 'My friend loves to keep up to date with fashion. I thought I'd ask as you seem pretty trendy yourself.'), poke fun at yourself (for seemingly having no clue what girls like), get to know her without actually having to know her, and make yourself seem generous. You're also asking for their opinion which girls love to give. And you can keep it going as long as you want by asking 'what do you think of this?'. To top it off (no pun intended), you can thank her by taking her (or at least offering) for a quick coffee, which will be relatively close by since presumably you're on a high-street.
Reply 95
Original post by apanayi23

hence why i dont normally approach women.

Dude continue to approach women you like, the worst feeling is regret, you will be kicking yourself later thinking, ''what if?'' if u dont approach

Its better to get rejected , you know you at least tried
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 96
Original post by JaiiStarh

Also,try to get them to actually stop and talk to you,

co-sign, you can stop them by sayin ''Excuse me?''
Reply 97
If you're in the library at uni and you spot a cute girl at a table near you, find a bit of paper and pen and write something that should come across as charming but honest, not a chat up line. Maybe

"Is there any chance you like guys brave enough to throw rubbish notes at a girl they think looks cute? :smile: "

With the smiley face (bitches love smiley faces). If she's a good sport she'll write one back and you can let it flow from there.

Obviously this won't work if you look like a foetus, but if you're average or above it might work. Maybe.
I've experienced something like this the other day actually on a bus. I wanted to talk to her because I thought she was really attractive but I ended up keeping my mouth shut.

I felt like a right idiot because it's happened before and it too left me with a feeling of regret.
It always seems worst on a train, when you get off/she gets off and then you spend the rest of your journey thinking about it. :rolleyes:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending