The Student Room Group

Well, the exams start tomorrow and I now regret not having started revision earlier..

Poll

How long have you been revising for IB exams that start tomorrow?

I seriously only started revising at the beginning of Easter holidays. I just re-wrote all textbooks by hand. If I had started maybe even in March, I would be much better off now.

But I wanted to loaf around and procastinate instead of revising: "Nah, the exams are months away, I'll revise at Easter.

Anyone else thinks they also spent too much time procastinating and now regretting that?
same situation tbh, but meh oh well...in the end of the day its ur own fault.
Reply 2
I've still got a month.

But am beginning to think I should seriously start...

EDIT: Never mind... wrong forum.
Reply 3
Ehh. My school did mock exams in the first few days of January, so I got a wake up call then. I did tons of revision for a few months and then a relative died and I sort of gave up. so it looks like im here another year.
Reply 4
I started revision about 2 weeks before my mock exams, which clearly demonstrated that I needed way more time than that. Never really stopped revising after that...
Reply 5
Original post by Blazara
I started revision about 2 weeks before my mock exams, which clearly demonstrated that I needed way more time than that. Never really stopped revising after that...

are there IB schools on the IOW? (I heard there aren't any) or did you go to Brock?
Reply 6
Original post by in_your_face
I seriously only started revising at the beginning of Easter holidays. I just re-wrote all textbooks by hand. If I had started maybe even in March, I would be much better off now.

But I wanted to loaf around and procastinate instead of revising: "Nah, the exams are months away, I'll revise at Easter.

Anyone else thinks they also spent too much time procastinating and now regretting that?

I know exactly how you now feel, as I've been in pretty much exactly the same situation last year. I've also began revising only about a month out of exams, so when the time came, I was terrified. I felt that I've rushed through some of the topics in Biology, that I'm going to screw up in my History essays, that I'll totally botch the Maths papers, you get the idea. However, in the end, the adrenalin rush when you enter the exam room and the fact that you've revised at least a lil' bit will have its effect, no worries. :wink:

Just whatever you do, don't cram the day (and most of the night respectively) before the first exam as I did, you'll only be tired and even more nervous the next day. Get a good night's sleep, have a hearty breakfest before you head out to school and perhaps have someone to drive you there, so you can relax a bit on the way instead of waiting on a bus stop, trembling with fear.

Also, I wouldn't recommend reading your notes just before you enter the examination room, hoping that you're going to pop in the last bits. You won't, and you'll also possibly forget ideas/knowledge that you had already safely stored in your memory. Just chill, have yourself a little breather (I know people who fainted lol), evade your classmates (they'll just make you more nervous) and enter the room ready to give out the best you can!

In the end, besides now having been very cheesy with all the advice and wishes:biggrin:, you'll see that you're going to do fine.

Good luck! :borat:

Spoiler

Well, regretting something never did anybody any good. The fact is you didn't revise earlier so the sensible option would be to get off TSR and do some work.... otherwise you'll be regretting being on TSR when you could be revising as well.

Yes, I know I'm a hypocrite. :colondollar:
Reply 8
are there IB schools on the IOW? (I heard there aren't any) or did you go to Brock?

Nah, not a brock kid.

Medina High gained I.B status 2 years ago (hence i'm hopefully) part of the first IoW I.B graduates. Ryde High (The private school) has also started teaching it now as well.
Reply 9
Woop. English tomorrow, HL Maths next 2 days :smile:

Open question - What have you done for revision? Past papers, made notes, other? Just curious
Reply 10
Original post by Van Grall
Woop. English tomorrow, HL Maths next 2 days :smile:

Open question - What have you done for revision? Past papers, made notes, other? Just curious

I'm not sure woop is the right word there (same as you).

For English - not enough/anything. Going to cram the key vocab now and hope the prose is generous.

Maths - I have done so many past papers, it's unbelievable ;|. That with the OSC revision guide has been all I've done. It's at least got me to the point where I'm pretty sure I'll have a minimum of a 5 though, which is nice.
Reply 11
Wow, you guys are nuts. I started revising a few days ago and so far I only looked at Math since it's my weakest subject. My plan is to study for other subjects during the exams. Now that's what I call procrastination :biggrin:
Reply 12
Hmm, I still in my 1st year. Wow, I guess the exams really are a killer. I guess we all knew from the beginning that all of our knowledge would be tested in one chunk but I guess it's only when we get to your stage do we really start to appreciate what it means.
Arghhhh.
1 paper down :biggrin:

Quick Reply