The Student Room Group

Cannibalization of Nigerian Muslims

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by Brutal Honesty
There's not much in the news about Africa in general, the genocides and civil wars going on there don't get any interest whatsoever. Liberia has the worst stories I've ever heard where people kill babies and eat their hearts.

Exactly.

There are terrible, terrible things going on there. It just annoys me that people are trying to make out there's some kind of Media agenda here.
Original post by Brutal Honesty
There's not much in the news about Africa in general, the genocides and civil wars going on there don't get any interest whatsoever. Liberia has the worst stories I've ever heard where people kill babies and eat their hearts.

Of course not, the West has given up on africa, apart from aid workers , military action is unlikely to be used to solve african issues - it is the USA that leads effective regieme change in the world as we know, but they lost their appetite for getting rid of african warlords after their short stint in somalia. They were shocked how violent people could be in that conflict and also couldnt stomach having to get into fire-fights wth women and children armed with ak47s -and havent gone back since, limiting their exposure to small special ops numbers to combat islamic terrorism. Apart from liberia, sudan, the congo, the US could have supported the UK in their mission in Sierra Leone, but declined.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 62
Original post by silent ninja
It reminds you of the 'Christian' cannibals, many from Britain, that ate Muslims during the Crusades. This behaviour is worse than animals.

There is nothing human, let alone Christian, about them.

Muslims have been dehumanised. The fact is many westerners couldn't give a toss about Muslims as humans as they're not considered equal. Muslim blood is worth less. Hence why I'm not surprised why this never made the news at the time, there's a hell of a lot that's not reported here. Only those stories that further the western agenda tend to get air time. "drone kills X villagers... " Who cares :rolleyes: or compare the compensation of the Lockerbie bombing vs that Iranian civilian plane that was shot down by the US military-- billions vs zero.

The thing about this is that when the West criticizes African states for the barbarism that occurs within them, there is usually a counter claim of racism and neo-colonialism.
Original post by MrJim
The thing about this is that when the West criticizes African states for the barbarism that occurs within them, there is usually a counter claim of racism and neo-colonialism.

Funny (not just you but general comment to several posters above) , because it's Africa and so-called Christians doing this, context seems to matter. That's because you are willing subconsciously to give benefit of the doubt. No matter where in the world, even in places like Israel (where incidentally many Christians are involved) where much of the action in response is justified, if it involves muslims you're quickly to jump on those crazy muzzers; "they're at it again...it's in their barbaric religion." many of the 'Muslim' conflicts around the world are about far more than only religion, yet you're innate bias won't allow you to comprehend and see beyond that that.

In any case the BBC seem to have plenty of time to report on the barbaric Islamic groups in Somalia and Nigeria. The alleged hangings, beatings, child soldiers etc :rolleyes:
(edited 12 years ago)
I cant believe that is real!!!

Its soooooo disgusting and evil!!!
Reply 65
This has nothing to do with Christianity.

Cannabilism has a long history in Africa and stems from their Ancestral religions. Even when you have supposed converts to other religions, whether that religion is Islam or Christianity you find that may will retain the superstitions and practices of their ancestral religions, cannabilizing your enemies is one of them.
Original post by G8D
Honestly, does anyone expect more from countries like that?

How much do you actually know about Nigeria to make such a prejudiced statement?

I am Nigerian and have lived there all my life and I am myself just as shocked by this as anybody on this thread. It is a terrible thing, yes, but to completely paint an entire country and its 150 million people + on the basis of what a few people in a tiny village somewhere did is wrong. Cannibalism is disgusting, killing people for their religion is disgusting too, and every Nigerian I know would agree with me. So describing the whole country as 'a country like that' and claiming you expect nothing more is prejudiced and unfounded, as anyone who truly knows anything about Nigeria would agree.
Reply 67
[

It reminds you of the 'Christian' cannibals, many from Britain, that ate Muslims during the Crusades. This behaviour is worse than animals.

Muslims have been dehumanised. The fact is many westerners couldn't give a toss about Muslims as humans as they're not considered equal. Muslim blood is worth less. Hence why I'm not surprised why this never made the news at the time, there's a hell of a lot that's not reported here. Only those stories that further the western agenda tend to get air time. "drone kills X villagers... " Who cares :rolleyes: or compare the compensation of the Lockerbie bombing vs that Iranian civilian plane that was shot down by the US military-- billions vs zero.

So true!

Original post by ecko1o1
The attacks by Muslims on Christians vastly outnumber the attacks by Christians on muslims. Whether you like it or not, islam is a violent cult of a religion and islam's sole purpose is to root out all other believe systems, even those that which relies on the scientific method. The muslims want to send us back to the middle ages. We must fight every last muslim to the death before that happens.

I can't take you serious with your internet threats ..
Reply 68
Original post by Steevee
I love how people try to paint a Western media agenda.

Do you notice how there's also not too many stories about the horrible abuse Homosexuals recieve in Christian African nations? How there's not so much reporting on the cannibilsation and mass gang rape of opposing tribes in Africa? The list goes on. Africa is a continent full of atrocity, if it does not affect us directly, why would the Western world want to hear about, it's not something that would sell a newspaper. So unless the agenda is being pushed by someone, it's natural for it not to be widely reported.

My point was that many newspapers WIDELY report on attacks by Muslims in Nigeria, but rarely (if at all?) report stories such as this? And this isn't the only violence against Muslims btw, I was speaking to a Nigerian guy who told me how 200+ Muslims were massacred at a football stadium but this didn't get any attention either..
Reply 69
Original post by Jet A-1
Its not in the news because it happened last August.

It reminds me of the all-you-can-eat I was at last night.........

It wasn't on the news then either.. and this isn't an isolated incident. THere are many attacks by Christians on Muslims in Nigeria.
Reply 70
Original post by mevidek
Yeah, because they are probably real Christians, aren't they? Many tribes do that - it's not a matter of religion.

DId I attempt to lay the blame on their religion? No. I am simply enraged at the fact that it doesn't receive any coverage when the perpetrator is a Christian
Reply 71
Original post by Indo-Chinese Food
Becuase look at the source - hardly reuters news agency is it? There are stack of false stories and propaganda on islamist websites all over the net - are we so stupid to beleive them all,

how do we know from these video clips that muslims are being eaten?

Like reuters news agency would report on this.. and you know because these people in the video are from the berom tribe..
Reply 72
Original post by xXxiKillxXx
My point was that many newspapers WIDELY report on attacks by Muslims in Nigeria, but rarely (if at all?) report stories such as this? And this isn't the only violence against Muslims btw, I was speaking to a Nigerian guy who told me how 200+ Muslims were massacred at a football stadium but this didn't get any attention either..

And yet I recently heard about the Muslim gangs roving around the Nigerian countryside killing people with the ultimate aim of installing Shariah. We don't hear about that either. Newspapers report what they want to, what they think people will be interested in, it's as simple as that really. And I have to say, I haven't seen anything happening in Nigeria widely reported on to be honest.
Reply 73
Original post by Perseveranze

If your implication was "rape", then that's forbidden in the Islamic Shariah, which kills your initial point. So even if someone wanted it for "sexual pleasure", they couldn't rape them.

Please do show me where Shariah forbids rape.

Muslims have been dehumanised. [] The fact is many westerners couldn't give a toss about Muslims as humans as they're not considered equal. Muslim blood is worth less. [/] Hence why I'm not surprised why this never made the news at the time, there's a hell of a lot that's not reported here. Only those stories that further the western agenda tend to get air time. "drone kills X villagers... " Who cares :rolleyes: or compare the compensation of the Lockerbie bombing vs that Iranian civilian plane that was shot down by the US military-- billions vs zero.

Oh my, the irony :mmm:
Reply 74
There are so many god damn attrocities in Africa you can't point the blame at one religion or one nation (or nations) for causing it all. You have the oppression, burning, killing, cannibalism and rape from Arabs to muslims in Sudan, and you have this in Nigeria. In south africa you have the murder of 3000 white farmers, for being white. And pretty much all accross Africa, in Muslim and Christian nations, the treatment of Homosexuals, women and forcing children to do all kinds off stuff is barbaric. You have various civil wars over land which icorporates women as shields and to use them for rape to stike fear into the enemy, the indoctrination of children into war (we've all seen the pictures of kids with AK47's).

For a lot of African nations, it is all inter-caused. Strangely enough the west hasn't got anything to do with the wars and violence. And the resason they stay like this is because they are poor and in an endless cycle. I think the whole reason nations advance is competely down to their environment (there are one or two annomolies of course). Countries with varied seasons and a temperate climate are almost all rich in comparison to arid or harsh environemnts. So we can become wealthier, move away from tribal and religious culture and advance further. These countries don't, they can't really farm, they can't cultivate and industrialise on their own (if they do it's due to immigration, aid, debt from the west), so the culture remains 'backward'. And because they are tribal (or atleast in comparison to richer nations) they can't advance, its a vicious circle.
Reply 75
Original post by Steevee
And yet I recently heard about the Muslim gangs roving around the Nigerian countryside killing people with the ultimate aim of installing Shariah. We don't hear about that either. Newspapers report what they want to, what they think people will be interested in, it's as simple as that really. And I have to say, I haven't seen anything happening in Nigeria widely reported on to be honest.

Are you really suggesting that the news papers do not report MORE on Muslims attacking Christians?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2083291/Nigeria-At-20-dead-Nigerian-town-hall-massacre-sectarian-violence-spirals.html

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2079347/Escalation-Nigerian-religious-war-Christian-couple-year-old-baby-shot-dead-Muslims.html

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2078450/Bombs-kill-32-Catholic-churches-Christmas-Day-mass-series-explosions-rock-Nigeria.html

ANd in case you complain its the Daily Mail (which would just strengthen my point anyway):

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2010/dec/26/nigeria-terror-attacks-kill-40

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2011/dec/25/nigerian-church-bombed-christmas-prayers

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-16663693

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-16442960

Those are just a few articles from some outlets. I have not seen nowhere near as many articles reporting on Christian attacks on Muslims..
Original post by maghreblover
How much do you actually know about Nigeria to make such a prejudiced statement?

I am Nigerian and have lived there all my life and I am myself just as shocked by this as anybody on this thread. It is a terrible thing, yes, but to completely paint an entire country and its 150 million people + on the basis of what a few people in a tiny village somewhere did is wrong. Cannibalism is disgusting, killing people for their religion is disgusting too, and every Nigerian I know would agree with me. So describing the whole country as 'a country like that' and claiming you expect nothing more is prejudiced and unfounded, as anyone who truly knows anything about Nigeria would agree.

You may be right - I know nothing about Nigeria - but all we ever hear about in Britain is things like this, probably because of the shock value, which is why people react like that person did. Proper education about other countries is shockingly poor, as I suspect it is in other countries too. It would be very interesting to know how Nigerians who have never been here view the UK.
Reply 77
Your sources all seem to be talking about the same couple of incididents, and it's no surprise a mass of coordinated bombings makes the news. And I didn't say it wasn't widely reported, I said it I haven't seen it being widely reported.

And perhaps part of that is because there is no unified Christian terror/insurjent group perpetrating the killings. Whereas Boko Haraam is a proclaimed Islamist Militia.
Primitives.
This is vile, absolutely VILE! Even pigs wouldn't eat each other. Humans are becoming worse than pigs!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending