The Student Room Group

Eric Pickles signals end to multiculturalism

Scroll to see replies

Original post by navarre
There are far more British people in Australia than anywhere else, including Spain. Most of those British people are very well integrated into Australian life.

Many of them are moving back to the UK apparently. http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-15799571
Original post by navarre
Mostly because they're not learning the language. The see Spain as a permanent beach holiday where they can relax and mingle with other Brits, without bothering to integrate into Spanish society.

so do those that move to greece, portugal, cypress etc etc. Even those in the south of france just move there for the weather, not to fit in. Forget abou the beach - the expat communities in saudi and various oil countries dont mix with the locals either. In any persepective it doesnt necessarily mean any of them integrate properly in the eyes of the locals and there are what 7 million odd brits living in other peoples countries currently?
Well it's a good start but the damage has already been done. We need to reverse Multiculturalism not just end it.

We can start with a systematic shut down of all foreign culture centre's around the country, as well as foreign places of worship such as Mosques. We can deport all of our illegal immigrants, foreign born prisoners and criminals.

Boom. Within five years, the era of multiculturalism has ended and whoever does this will be rewarded with re-election after re-election.
Original post by MarmiteMan4
Well it's a good start but the damage has already been done. We need to reverse Multiculturalism not just end it.

We can start with a systematic shut down of all foreign culture centre's around the country, as well as foreign places of worship such as Mosques. We can deport all of our illegal immigrants, foreign born prisoners and criminals.

Boom. Within five years, the era of multiculturalism has ended and whoever does this will be rewarded with re-election after re-election.
Does the Royal Family have the same culture as a working-class builder in Liverpool?
Reply 224

Your username is very familiar.

Aren't you the guy on Youtube who somehow found Emma West's actions "brave"?
Original post by Chloe xxx
Its about time, its insulting we are told not to wear crosses or have an england flag up during the world cup, for fear of offending foreign bigots.

You're an idiot. This was never a gov't enforced thing. It was just a non story that happened at ONE pub
I'd say most brits are christians, although most probably dont practice. I'm a Roman Catholic and was fully practicing until about 8 years ago. Thats probably what he means.

Because being a whore that's passed around by lots of men is very Christian...
Hmmm...baa baa black sheep is considered insulting, referring to something as 'black' is often seen as racist

Except, it never has been.

by radical left wingers,

"Radical" left wing would imply communism - unless of course you're far too (extreme) right wing where you can't realise that people can be against racism without being left wing!

stories are always surfacing about muslims/other minorities claiming the england flag offends them and other ridiculous things like crosses shouldnt be allowed in public.

Always? Hardly

What about if a bunch of brits went to Saudi Arabia and started campaigning for the introduction of pork and trying to ban islam in public??

First of all, Saudi Arabia is not a democracy, secondly it's pretty much up America's arse that they'd probably do that if it meant that the country didn't rise up against them.

Thirdly, I assume you are on about halal meat? - considering that it's almost the same as non halal meat? Fourthly, I've never heard of a Muslim wanting to ban Christianity in public (Im assuming this is your angle)
I'd say most brits are christians, although most probably dont practice. I'm a Roman Catholic and was fully practicing until about 8 years ago. Thats probably what he means.

This is a christian country and those living here should respect our culture and way of life and learn our language. They want to have their cake and eat it, its about time the government showed them who comes first.

I know all british people arnt white.

There are people who were born here who don't agree with what our culture is.

Best thing to do is just to let everyone get on with what they like, not shove their noses in other peoples' business and insist that they conform to their weird standards and practices.
Maybe minorities arnt offended at all, however it shouldnt be an issue as they are in ENGLAND which is a christian country. If they are that offended, they can go to a country they like better. My point refers to the original article that British heritage needs preserving

First you make the point that minorities aren't offended at all, and then you make the point that they are offended. Seriously, do you have any clue what you're saying or are you a daily mail mouthpiece?
Original post by Mufasaa
You've changed your stance. You had a pretty big problem with minorities being offended earlier in the thread.

In one post, she believes all minorities are not offended, and in the same post she believes that they are :s-smilie:

Maybe minorities arnt offended at all, however it shouldnt be an issue as they are in ENGLAND which is a christian country. If they are that offended, they can go to a country they like better. My point refers to the original article that British heritage needs preserving

Brown people? Whatever. English people can be brown aswell.

You can be British and Brown, but you can never be English and Brown
x

Just to annoy you, I got 100% on my citizenship test here:
http://www.channel4.com/programmes/make-bradford-british/articles/channel-4-citizenship-test

It'd be interesting to see how well you would do.. (y'know being "native" and "Christian" and every thing)
Reply 233
Anyone with any kind of sense knows that the majority of stories about people being offended over baa baa black sheep or the sight of an English flag are made up by members of the BNP, the EDL and other right wing nut-job associations.
Reply 234
-DELETED-
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 235
-DELETED-
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by binkey
oh fcuk. I was born here, white, British, and I didn't pass that test :eek:
(I am not going to tell you what % I got because I'm too embarrassed :biggrin:)

*starts packing bags* :frown:

ps. Rather silly questions tbh. Very few of them relate to being British - they have more to do with history which many don't care about, or current survey data which most people won't necessarily know.

I wouldnt worry. Born here, know our history and literature well and got 38%. Most of those questions are largely irrelavent for integration purposes anyway.
Conservatives trying to appease the racist vote again . A leopard never changes its spots.
Reply 238

This is pure fascism. No two ways about it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending