The Student Room Group
Students in halls, University of Lincoln
University of Lincoln
Lincoln
Visit website

Odds of getting into to uni

Hello, im Jack.

I have applied to licoln uni for biomedical science and it requires 280 ucas points but unfortunetly i bottomed out in my maths A level which i think i have got a C in which is 80 points and in my Science BTEC i got a MM which i think is 160 points. So as you can see i will be 40 points short for the course, so does anyone know how likly i am to still be accepted on this course and/or at lincoln uni being 40 points short.

thanks for any advice given.
Reply 1
Well I got BBB and needed ABB for my course last year and got accepted it. It really all depends how the other people that applied for your course did and also the leniency of the university itself! So you'll just have to wait and find out unfortunately!

I was accepted at Sheffield University by the way, so sorry that doesn't really help you about Lincoln.
Students in halls, University of Lincoln
University of Lincoln
Lincoln
Visit website
Reply 2
thanks for your input. let the waiting game begin
Reply 3
Apply through clearing, entry requirements are often lowered :tongue: not sure by how much though :s

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 4
Thanks LSD,
i didnt think about clearing, do you know when it normally opens?
Reply 5
Original post by Jack1994
Thanks LSD,
i didnt think about clearing, do you know when it normally opens?

The day of results. You have to be SUPER quick if you want a lot of courses to choose from. So if you don't get into your first choice, get on it straight away.
Reply 6
thanks for the info.
as i know i will be short of points i will try and sort it as soon as possible. Thanks
Reply 7
Yep 9am or so on the day of results, you need to get on the phone super fast.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 8
Original post by Jack1994
thanks for your input. let the waiting game begin

arf, I went through that a couple of months ago. It sucks. Good luck :wink:
Reply 9
cheers r4ndom
Reply 10
Yes, I agree with the clearing thing.

I too have done A level maths and BTEC in Biomedical Science so I know what you're going through but maths can be surprising so don't stress yourself and wait for the results first.

Quick Reply

Latest