The Student Room Group

Glasgow School of Art, GSA 2012 applicants

Scroll to see replies

Is anyone going on the trip to Glencoe and does anyone happen to know when classes start?
(edited 11 years ago)
Hey maroof, this seems to be like a good place. http://www.findaproperty.com/to-rent/property-12290800 This place is pretty nice too http://www.findaproperty.com/to-rent/property-12354175. The most I'm willing to pay is 500 a month. Tell me your budget so I can find a suitable accommodation. These properties are off limits to anyone else. I've claimed them.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 462
Original post by harekrishna
Is anyone going on the trip to Glencoe and does anyone happen to know when classes start?

I think classes officially start on the 17th but induction week is the 10th, I'm assuming that's freshers and not a lot of if any "proper" classes. Sorry, no idea what the Glencoe trip even is.
:smile:
Original post by rayray12310
I think classes officially start on the 17th but induction week is the 10th, I'm assuming that's freshers and not a lot of if any "proper" classes. Sorry, no idea what the Glencoe trip even is.
:smile:

I received a mail for glencoe trip too... I found it interesting... will give an opportunity to interact with fellow students and tutors outside academic environment n I think its good to start a year with a nice weekend trip!!! I was about to confirm my place .... what do u say about it ...(going to cost £ 70 including meals and accommodation)

I received a mail for glencoe trip too... I found it interesting... will give an opportunity to interact with fellow students and tutors outside academic environment n I think its good to start a year with a nice weekend trip!!! I was about to confirm my place .... what do u say about it ...(going to cost £ 70 including meals and accommodation)
Reply 465
I didn't get an email about any trip. Do you reckon it's invite only, or anyone can go? I'm going into first year fine art photography.
Reply 466
Original post by clrs
I didn't get an email about any trip. Do you reckon it's invite only, or anyone can go? I'm going into first year fine art photography.

snap, im first year photog too, im thinking that the glencoe trip was offered to international students, unless ur an international student in which case idk.
Reply 467
Original post by rayray12310
snap, im first year photog too, im thinking that the glencoe trip was offered to international students, unless ur an international student in which case idk.

Oh you're probably right.

By the way I'm looking for anyone to flat share with. Anyone interested message me here.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 468
Hi there, I'm Dom. currently living in Norfolk, attending GSA to study Architecture this Sept and living in Victoria halls. Anyone in the same boat at all?
My place to study architecture just got confirm! I cant wait to go to GSA this sept :biggrin:

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Hope I've done this right. Is anyone doing fine art photography in Victoria halls?

Reply 471
Original post by DmayH
Hi there, I'm Dom. currently living in Norfolk, attending GSA to study Architecture this Sept and living in Victoria halls. Anyone in the same boat at all?

Hey :smile: i'm Katie. Going to study Architecture this year too! I live just outside Glasgow though...
Reply 472
Original post by pocket_storm
My place to study architecture just got confirm! I cant wait to go to GSA this sept :biggrin:

I'm going to study Architecture too, little nervous though :frown:
Original post by blonde01
I'm going to study Architecture too, little nervous though :frown:

Don't be intimidated. They're just buildings. Actually I was looking for a place to stay as well. There's plenty of architecture students so it would be neat if we all got to know each other. If anyone's looking for a place to stay and willing to share a flat just post it on the forum. A little introduction would be nice as well. I feel like I'm talking to a wall when I'm on forums. Oh and congratulations pocket_storm.
(edited 11 years ago)
Don't be intimidated. They're just buildings. Actually I was looking for a place to stay as well. There's plenty of architecture students so it would be neat if we all got to know each other. If anyone's looking for a place to stay and willing to share a flat just post it on the forum. A little introduction would be nice as well. I feel like I'm talking to a wall when I'm on forums. Oh and congratulations pocket_storm.

Thank you. And I will be staying at old school house :smile: will be great to get to know fellow architecture students as well :smile:

Reply 475
Original post by blonde01
Hey :smile: i'm Katie. Going to study Architecture this year too! I live just outside Glasgow though...

Hi Katie, Great news- will you be living in halls or you staying where you are?

Also congrats pocket_storm, see you in Sept!:smile:
Reply 476
Original post by nif99tserof
Hope I've done this right. Is anyone doing fine art photography in Victoria halls?

Hi there, I'm doing Architecture but am in Victoria Halls. Do you anything about which flat you're in yet?
Again I'm not sure if this will come up right. It will probably appear on a political discussion ha ha.

In reply to - DmayH - me know nothin' was just told I'm in VH.

Original post by clrs
Oh you're probably right.

By the way I'm looking for anyone to flat share with. Anyone interested message me here.

ClRS, I'm looking to flatshare.
Reply 479
Original post by DmayH
Hi Katie, Great news- will you be living in halls or you staying where you are?

Also congrats pocket_storm, see you in Sept!:smile:

I'll be staying at home, I only live twenty minutes from GSA so it'll just be the train for me every morning :frown: sad times... I kind of wish I was going to be in Halls. What about you?

Quick Reply

Latest