Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
:yay:
loooong winter !!
Main Concourse, Brunel University
Brunel University London
Uxbridge
Visit website
I looked around there today. It does look rather sexual.

Each hall has its own name, I thought it was just going to be lettered (A, B, C etc): So far I have noticed Meadow Hall, North Hall, West Hall, Stephen Braggs Hall, and Concourse Hall. Didn't see any signage on the others.

Concourse Hall is where the reception is and is the closest one to Galbraith Hall and facing the Arts buildings. I think I saw the launderette in Meadow Hall.

The kitchens look really small compare to those in Mill Hall that I experienced last year. But you get an iron, a kettle, and a rectangular table with what seemed to be 6 chairs.

The bedrooms are identical in layout to Bishop Complex halls...with just a little less length from the window to the door. The radiators are near the door (furthest from the bed), and let me tell you, you will need them in winter! :eek:
Reply 22
someone take photos i want to see
asm1986
someone take photos i want to see

I'm glad I didn't have to ask that again:biggrin:

IKB, glad to know they have names, thanks for the info. From your description and according to the campus map, Concourse Hall is Building D... That is where the post will go I think.

Brunel is on the countryside right? Lots of greenery, rivers, lakes etc? I'd like to explore the area. I'm thinking about buying a bike. Is it a good idea or is it most likely that someone will steal it?
galladriel
I'm glad I didn't have to ask that again:biggrin:

IKB, glad to know they have names, thanks for the info. From your description and according to the campus map, Concourse Hall is Building D... That is where the post will go I think.

Brunel is on the countryside right? Lots of greenery, rivers, lakes etc? I'd like to explore the area. I'm thinking about buying a bike. Is it a good idea or is it most likely that someone will steal it?

LOL, regarding a bike, there are many places on campus for you to chain it up. Nearest to you (where are you staying, do you know?) will be a bike shed outside the Meeting House, but there may be some closer to the Isambard Flats, I didn't notice any though.

Brunel has lots of greenery around it, but I only explored beyond the town centre, I never did look the other way (behind the sports complex and upto Hillingdon Hospital, that way) but I always see people cycling everywhere. It is much cheaper than the bus (£2 Brunel to town centre).

A nice place to ride would be down Cowley Road and then down towards Denham, but unless you like riding in the road, you may need to find proper cycle tracks.
Do you want me to take some photos, especially of the new halls? I did it last year for this forum too. The link the photos of campus from last summer are in my Freshers 2008 thread.

I am certainly back in Brunel next Tuesday, but I might not get there before then. Is that OK, you impatient people? :biggrin:
Isambard Kingdom Brunel
Do you want me to take some photos, especially of the new halls? I did it last year for this forum too. :biggrin: Maybe you can still see them if you searched for Brunel Freshers 2007.

I am certainly back in Brunel next Tuesday, but I might not get there before then. Is that OK, you impatient people? :biggrin:

:happy2: yes, thank you!

I've actually seen the photos you shot last year, when I first decided to apply to Brunel and was desperate to know anything about the place (hmmm... haven't changed much in that since then:rolleyes: )

Learnt many things too reading last year's threads!

...seemed you were a bit impatient too back then:biggrin:

Edit: I also liked the narration (don't know if that's the right word) that came along with those photos
Reply 27
IKB !!! ,,, I went there before couple of days,, but i realized that there is no footpath to cowley road !!! ,,, there is something like a fence !! ,,, it was open last september!!
I was planning to use U5 & 222 buses on cowley road,,, I think u knw that cleavland road further than cowley road ( to Isambard halls) ,,,ALSO ,,U1 now is transferred to Kingston lane !! We have 2 wait 4 ages until U3 !! comes :frown: ,,,,
spikoi
IKB !!! ,,, I went there before couple of days,, but i realized that there is no footpath to cowley road !!! ,,, there is something like a fence !! ,,, it was open last september!!
I was planning to use U5 & 222 buses on cowley road,,, I think u knw that cleavland road further than cowley road ( to Isambard halls) ,,,ALSO ,,U1 now is transferred to Kingston lane !! We have 2 wait 4 ages until U3 !! comes :frown: ,,,,

Oh, I didn't know that actually. I know the U1 goes on Kingston Lane sometimes, but I thought it was just part of an extended route.

During the summer, I walked along Cowley Road from the town centre (from near the Tai Pan restaurant) to Brunel. I got in through a gate which took me on a footpath round to Galbraith Hall, alongside all the meadows. The builders were working though in those days, so maybe now that they've finished, they've also cut off the footpath too.

My recommendation is that you use the U3 to Cleveland Road. It's probably as close as you can get nowadays.
Reply 29
Ya ,, U1 , U4 , U7 now serves kingston lane,,,,
I remember that foorpath you r talkin abt ,,,it was temporary footpath ,,,,I will stay in block C next september and it is too close to cowley road ,,, No way i will use station road !! it is further than cleavland to me !! I hope that fence is temporary !! I hate carryin heavy tesco bags all the way from cleavland :frown:
Reply 30
These are the blocks names. I didnt figure out some of them
The blocks are shown from A to Q respectivley :

North Hall
Meadow Hall
Block C
Concourse Hall
Block E
West Hall
Block G
Block H
Central Hall
East Hall
Runnymede Hall
Block L
Block M
Shoreditch Hall
Block O
South Hall
Block Q
Wow, are there really 17 new halls? My hall last year (Mill Hall) had about 400 rooms. Do the new halls have the same amount in each, or much less? Even if they only had 200 rooms in each, that's still an extra 3400 students to accommodate.
Reply 32
The Isambard Complex is due for completion for session 2008/09. It will include 17 buildings with 1340 units, comprising of 112 studio flats, 1188 ensuite rooms and 40 disabled rooms. This residence is located on the West side of the campus near Galbraith Hall.

Source : http://brunel.ac.uk/life/accommodation/residences/newres
Reply 33
Anybody knw friends in Isambard ? We need closeup photos in the rooms !!
RADIATORS FAR FROM THE BED !!
oh no ,, this winter will be tooo cold !!
Hey is there anyone got sth like this? My friend has requested an early arrival but they sent this email instead saying that it's kinda impossible for that. ****, I also got a room in Isambard and also wanted to arrive early too!!!

----------------------------------

Dear resident,

Thank you for your e-mail enquiring about arriving early to your accommodation in the Isambard Complex.

Unfortunately your accommodation will not be available earlier than your contracted date of arrival, this is due to the Isambard Complex being a brand new set of buildings and these buildings will not be ready for occupation until the date of the start of your tenancy agreement.

We apologise for this inconvenience to you, but look forward to seeing you in the Isambard Complex on the start of your original tenancy agreement date.
Reply 35
Calm down ,, :wink:

The first thing is that maybe not all Isambard halls are ready ,, and u r allocated in these !

it happened with me last year ,, I asked 4 early arrival 2 Clifton hall ( very old hall !!)
and they answered that they are doing some work in the room !!
Reply 36
Long Island
Hey is there anyone got sth like this? My friend has requested an early arrival but they sent this email instead saying that it's kinda impossible for that. ****, I also got a room in Isambard and also wanted to arrive early too!!!

----------------------------------

Dear resident,

Thank you for your e-mail enquiring about arriving early to your accommodation in the Isambard Complex.

Unfortunately your accommodation will not be available earlier than your contracted date of arrival, this is due to the Isambard Complex being a brand new set of buildings and these buildings will not be ready for occupation until the date of the start of your tenancy agreement.

We apologise for this inconvenience to you, but look forward to seeing you in the Isambard Complex on the start of your original tenancy agreement date.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO :no:
I already got my flight ticket! Where am i gonna sleep now for a week.. DAMN!
Reply 37
And yes I just got the same e-mail !
spikoi
Calm down ,, :wink:

The first thing is that maybe not all Isambard halls are ready ,, and u r allocated in these !

it happened with me last year ,, I asked 4 early arrival 2 Clifton hall ( very old hall !!)
and they answered that they are doing some work in the room !!

Oh you also experienced this last year? So did you eventually got your room for the early arrival? It's kinda annoying since their website says that we can ask for it.:no:
Reply 39
I changed ma plans and I arrived on time !!

Latest

Trending

Trending