The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Did them both for A-Level and I definitely liked Biology a LOT more!
Reply 2
Which one do YOU like more :p:?
i did both at A-level they was both fun and good
but biology is the one i like more
physics ftw. But why add the other option surely that takes away from the point of finding out if physics or biology is better.
Reply 5
I prefer physics because i'm a physical and mathematical person. I've always enjoyed learning about physics although i do find it tougher than biology. Science is good either way!
Reply 6
There's only one way to find out: FIIIGHT!!!

but seriously, I think Biology's better...
Reply 7
Physics anyday :biggrin:
Physics :smile:
I think that some people are just more "maths-y" than others (I suppose that shoud read mathematical!), anyway, they have an aptitude for figures.

If you are one of those, then go Physics, otherwise Bio.

Maybe that is too simplistic, and of course, other subject choices should be taken inot account, pick subjects that go together well, Maths, Physics, Chem etc...
Reply 10
blatantly biology.
Reply 11
Esther-elizabeth
I think that some people are just more "maths-y" than others (I suppose that shoud read mathematical!), anyway, they have an aptitude for figures. If you are one of those, then go Physics, otherwise Bio. Maybe that is too simplistic, and of course, other subject choices should be taken into account, pick subjects that go together well, Maths, Physics, Chem etc...

:ditto: I did both at A-level and found Physics more difficult, but that's because I'm not that keen on Maths. Physics was interesting and more challenging, but that meant it took me some time to get some of the topics, which left me frustrated at times. Biology has a LOT of facts to learn, which can be tedious sometimes (and leaving you tearing your hair out when revising, stressing out that you'll never remember it all!), whereas Physics is more about understanding concepts. Physics is seen as more difficult and is therefore more respected. It depends what sort of person you are, I'm more of a Bio person and hence enjoyed Bio more, but enjoyed and found both interesting. It also depends on your teachers, so bear them in mind.
Physics. :smile: More interesting.
chr15chr15
physics ftw. But why add the other option surely that takes away from the point of finding out if physics or biology is better.

I saw one of these threads before and there was not an option for other subjects (maths chemistry and the like) and people started to whine so i put in other. In hindsight i should have not put it in , is there a way to remove it.
physics wins hands down, it involves using common sense and analytical sense along with basic gcse/as maths, biology is just learning a bunch of words and regurgitating it in an exam
Reply 16
I like Physics , it involves math, logical thinking and the expirement it much fun, discovering things in science. combination of math and science.
Reply 17
Can I be the first to get in with a cheap pun (with regards to your poll) that Geology is the only subject that actually rocks... (sorry :p:)

Physics ftw
chemistry :smile:
Reply 19
Biology generally appeals to people on a more personal level. Physics can only do the same if the person feels that way about mathematics, and a lot of people don't.

They're both bloody amazing.