The Student Room Group

can you top up someone else's phone?

hi, i think this is the right forum to post in!

my boyfriend is at a different uni to me and is almost out of credit, and has practically no money but i have quite a bit spare...is it possible for me to top up his phone, from my phone? or would i have to do it from his phone? (which isn't really possible right now!)

thanks
Reply 1
katieclick
hi, i think this is the right forum to post in!

my boyfriend is at a different uni to me and is almost out of credit, and has practically no money but i have quite a bit spare...is it possible for me to top up his phone, from my phone? or would i have to do it from his phone? (which isn't really possible right now!)

thanks

If you have a debit card, I think you can, you type his number in...or, if you top it up from a cash point...Although, i'm not entirley sure
Reply 2
You can do it at a cash machine that does mobile top ups, all you need is your card, to know what network he is on and then you are away!
For a lot of providers you can do it online too.
Reply 3
debrajane
If you have a debit card, I think you can, you type his number in...or, if you top it up from a cash point...Although, i'm not entirley sure

this :smile: you can top up phones are most cashpoints.. you just type their number in.
Cashpoint or phone up his network's top up line - they should have an external number as well as a speed dial.
you can do it online too if theyre on o2

just did it for a friendm cus i was fed up of her not having any credit. although she seemed quite angry :s
Reply 6
thanks everyone!
didgeridoo12uk

just did it for a friendm cus i was fed up of her not having any credit. although she seemed quite angry :s

Probably cos she sees it as charity!
getinthevan
Probably cos she sees it as charity!

i was bored of her not texting me back :/
i kinda see where your coming from though
Reply 9
didgeridoo12uk
i was bored of her not texting me back :/
i kinda see where your coming from though

maybe she didn't want to text back, and you ruined her excuse.
squeak
maybe she didn't want to text back, and you ruined her excuse.

seeing as she was speaking to me on msn at the time... i highly doubt that
didgeridoo12uk

Awww, that was nice of you! :smile:
Reply 12
Buy a top-up voucher (From his networks shop in your town/city) and then give him the code...? It's amazing how no one has mentioned this.
Reply 13
didgeridoo12uk
seeing as she was speaking to me on msn at the time... i highly doubt that

lol I love how you actually get defensive.

it's a joke.

but wtf would she text you back while you were on msn...that's pointless :confused:
squeak
lol I love how you actually get defensive.

it's a joke.

but wtf would she text you back while you were on msn...that's pointless :confused:

i overthink things far too much with her lol, cant help but get a lil defensive :smile:

and like just generally text me back, she hasnt had credit for months now. obviously texting someone while chatting to them on msn would be a tad pointless

Latest