The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Athena
I wonder if L will be asleep in our lecture at 3 then... I'm going to my first real ceilidh (rather than a Scottish reeling) on Friday, should be fun! Although I need to find some comfortable shoes...

There is no real ceilidh on Friday :p: Although even CUCB ceilidhs aren't "real" in the sense that werlop stated, as they tend to have mainly English country dances to Scottish ceilidh tunes. Varies according to caller of course, some of our callers are a lot more scottish orientated than others. And for the record there are some fiendish English Country dances as well. Round ceilidhs vary according to how scottish they are, but afaik they tend to have more english music, which is a Good Thing.

scarlet ibis
I've never been to a proper ceilidh, only barn dances. :frown: how does one go about finding out when they're on? there's some sort of a list on the CUCB website but its not clear who is able to come to those events.

The list on the CUCB website is of ceilidhs that are open to all. Besides all of those we have 7 other gigs this month alone iirc :p:

scarlet ibis
You can get a proper D lock (only type worth getting obviously) for £9.99 in the bike shop on Burleigh St. Not found a D lock cheaper in Cambridge myself.

I meant one in Cambridge :wink: Nah, I've just been round the 4 bike shops within a 3 minute walk of my house and found that the Bike chappie at the market was the cheapest in terms of D-locks, but that the Cambridge Cycle Centre had one of those coily things that the salesperson said was as strong as a cheap D-lock and would be more convenient at the same price (£17). Massive thing. I may just go with the D-lock from the market though.
ukebert

I meant one in Cambridge :wink: Nah, I've just been round the 4 bike shops within a 3 minute walk of my house and found that the Bike chappie at the market was the cheapest in terms of D-locks, but that the Cambridge Cycle Centre had one of those coily things that the salesperson said was as strong as a cheap D-lock and would be more convenient at the same price (£17). Massive thing. I may just go with the D-lock from the market though.

If you transfer me the monies, I can pick one up for you. Its literally 3 minues from where i work, so I could put it in your pidge. Up to you. I would suggest that those coily spring ones are never going to be as good as a solid D lock.
Reply 62
ukebert

Oi, I live near Burleigh St, lazybones! :p: I would personally go for the curly lock (as I did) because they're much more convenient and you can lock your bike up more elaborately :smile: Get a helmet like mine that has a light on it as well, they're awesome :smile:

I rang my insurance but forgot what I was ringing them for, so asked a really trivial question :frown: And I still don't remember! Oh well, complaining email time now methinks :evil:
Reply 63
scarlet ibis
If you transfer me the monies, I can pick one up for you. Its literally 3 minues from where i work, so I could put it in your pidge. Up to you. I would suggest that those coily spring ones are never going to be as good as a solid D lock.

Thanks for the offer, but I have no idea how to transfer money, it'd be too much hassle. I'll get the D lock from the market I think.
Reply 64
Oh, and the winners of the last thread:

Spoiler

Hey if you go to SAINSBURY'S right_now you can meet me.
ukebert

Spoiler

24th place? Higher than I was expecting actually.

Anyone going to...

a) Fire/light show?
b) SB Sunday pickup @ JG?
c) Cadenza @ ADC?

Oh, and thanks for the rep Lupus.
Reply 67
ukebert

Spoiler

Top 20 finish, Yus!
ukebert

Spoiler

I think it is slightly worrying that I am 2nd, despite the fact that I only got onto this thread in October... hmmm :o:
Reply 69
Slumpy
Top 20 finish, Yus!

:ditto:
ukebert

Spoiler

Oh my days; I beat you - that's not a good sign! :no:

Glutamic Acid
Hey if you go to SAINSBURY'S right_now you can meet me.

I was just there 10-15 mins ago.
Reply 71
It could be lupus
I think it is slightly worrying that I am 2nd, despite the fact that I only got onto this thread in October... hmmm :o:

yes you're quite the new craggy; i think you may be challenging for her title in this thread...
Reply 72
alex_hk90
Oh my days; I beat you - that's not a good sign! :no:

Clearly you have not been doing enough work :p:

I have my college test tomorrow morning for which I have done next to no revision. I am so tired that I am practically falling asleep now. I am going to make myself some dinner, try to work but otherwise curl up and sod the lot of them.
Reply 73
munro90
nopes I was shown the light last year- no need for internets for me :ninja: :p:

Having said that i did get a usage warning yesterday and I can't work out why- i hadn't hit the internet hard on sunday at all- literally zero iplayer, no skype, just a bit of browsing :dontknow: oh well i don't get them too often :smile: (also one of my friends was one of the people who got blocked last term- he accidently left some software open all day with no limits on it and suddenly he was well over the max limit)

I think the limits were imposed because of me back in 3rd year :ninja:

Has the you-know-what that was taken offline last year been replaced yet?

PS: let me know what the others in your year think about more clinical contact. I am sure I can rally some of the Kingsfolk in my year to help out.
Reply 74
Athena
I'm top 15, equally worrying :p:

You almost had as much as me!
19th! That is positively chatty for me.
Reply 76
visesh
I think the limits were imposed because of me back in 3rd year :ninja:

Has the you-know-what that was taken offline last year been replaced yet?

PS: let me know what the others in your year think about more clinical contact. I am sure I can rally some of the Kingsfolk in my year to help out.

yeah thats what i was refering to. it was replaced not long after it was originally taken offline with a shiny new model. Let me know if you want details and i'll pass it on :ninja:
I ran it past two of the others earlier and they were well up for it- i'll chat with the rest tomorrow and we should be able to get something sorted out.
Reply 77
I have a bike :smile: And a lock; after missing the shops by losing track of time it turns out that Dad found an unopened D lock somewhere. So now all I need it a helmet.
Reply 78
I somehow passed the test that I did today so now have an interview for an internship eeeee
smilepea
I somehow passed the test that I did today so now have an interview for an internship eeeee

:woo:

Latest