The Student Room Group

Broken contract phone - replacement?

I have a Nokia 5800 Express Music on Pay Monthly with Vodafone and I fell down the stairs with it, I thought it was just the screenlock that was broken but it's the touchscreen too. I know it's my fault so I presume that I'm not eligible for a refund. Is it worth speaking to them about getting it fixed or should I just buy a new phone and put the sim in it? Also, is there any way of getting the messages/phone numbers off the phone now that the touch screen is kaput? Thanks :smile:
I was on vodafone a year a go, and i had a sony ericsson s500i. It fell from the window onto a tiled floor in the garden and broke. The screen broke and the hinge mechanism also broke. I didn't ring up vodafone but I sent it back to sony ericsson, with a letter stating that it fell from the table to the floor. :biggrin: They repaired it and it came back within weeks.

How many months of the contract do you have left? If there are only a few, then get a replacement phone and put the SIM into it, if not then your best bet would be to ring them up and ask.
Reply 2
?!master?!mini?!
I was on vodafone a year a go, and i had a sony ericsson s500i. It fell from the window onto a tiled floor in the garden and broke. The screen broke and the hinge mechanism also broke. I didn't ring up vodafone but I sent it back to sony ericsson, with a letter stating that it fell from the table to the floor. :biggrin: They repaired it and it came back within weeks.

How many months of the contract do you have left? If there are only a few, then get a replacement phone and put the SIM into it, if not then your best bet would be to ring them up and ask.

I've got about 13 months left on it, so I don't know what's best to do. :s-smilie: Is it worth getting in contact with Nokia instead of Vodafone then do you think?
if you don't have insurance, its unlikely that they'll replace it... but no harm in ringing and asking..:biggrin:
buying a new phone and putting your sim in that is probably the best thing to do...
and as for the numbers bit..it depends on where u saved ur numbers...on the sim...or on the actual phone..
Vodaphone will go back to Nokia if the phone is faulty. Vodaphone will only really be interested in the stuff they control like your tariff. Might as well go back to nokia and save the midddleman!
Reply 5
TheSpecialOne
if you don't have insurance, its unlikely that they'll replace it... but no harm in ringing and asking..:biggrin:
buying a new phone and putting your sim in that is probably the best thing to do...
and as for the numbers bit..it depends on where u saved ur numbers...on the sim...or on the actual phone..

All the numbers and messages are saved on the actual phone, argh I'm screwed :mad: Nope I have contents insurance but no insurance on the actual phone :s-smilie:
hbandtr4eva
I've got about 13 months left on it, so I don't know what's best to do. :s-smilie: Is it worth getting in contact with Nokia instead of Vodafone then do you think?

Personally I would ring Nokia up first. If there's nothing they can do then ring vodafone. The worst it can come to is repairing the phone at a cost. My screen was worth £15 (ebay research) - was not a touch screen. Touch screen might cost more. Then you'll have to make the decision whether you let Nokia do the repairing or an independent company.
Reply 7
You might be able to do it from your computer using PC suite. See http://www.nokia.co.uk/support/learn-how/phone-to-phone-transfer#4, but it looks like you'd need to buy another recent nokia phone to be able to do that.

Latest

Trending

Trending