The Student Room Group
University of York
York
Reply 1
How could Hull ever have any rivalry with York? :tongue:
University of York
York
There's more rivalry between the uni and St. John's.

Even that I haven't seen much of :P
Reply 3
Not in the slightest. Most York students would be pretty dismissive of the idea. There's a sort of rivalry between Uni of Lancaster and Uni of York, though.
Reply 4
Hull: No, not really any rivalry
York St John: It's hard to be rivals when York is 8th in the UK and YSJ is 90th or whatever
Lancaster: Maybe a little because of the whole Yorkshire - Lancashire thing but not too much. Probably our only rivals
Reply 5
Meadows14
York St John: It's hard to be rivals when York is 8th in the UK and YSJ is 90th or whatever

Burn.
Reply 6
I'm from Hull and i'm at uni at YSJ, there is no rivalry I can clearly say :smile:

As for YSJ Vs Uni of York, there is some rivaly but only because Uni of York students are sooooo stuck up, and in turn they think YSJ students are thick *****. Hey it's not our fault we're just the more social creatures!
allyt
I'm from Hull and i'm at uni at YSJ, there is no rivalry I can clearly say :smile:

As for YSJ Vs Uni of York, there is some rivaly but only because Uni of York students are sooooo stuck up, and in turn they think YSJ students are thick *****. Hey it's not our fault we're just the more social creatures!

lol, no one ever even mentions St John here.
allyt

Would you like some help carring the chip on your shoulder?
Reply 9
The only link between Hull and York really is the Hull-York Medical School. As others said, our only (slight) rivalry is with Lancaster - and I only know about that because both my parents went there and consider me somewhat of a traitor!

On campus you'd be far more likely to hear about inter-collegiate rivalries - Langwith and Derwent especially - but even that is mostly in good fun!

As for YSJ...I haven't come across any real rivalry there, the unis aren't particularly close to each other.

Latest