The Student Room Group

ASDA bank holidays and pay...

I've been there for a year and still have no idea how the hell the top up fees holidays work.

Also how many bank holidays do you need to work and if you are contracted do you HAVE to work them? Ie especially last fri for the Royal Wedding...

I hate working there but need the money!
You only need to work two. Plus they can't make you work them if you have worked the two.
Reply 2
Original post by twinkle.twinkle
You only need to work two. Plus they can't make you work them if you have worked the two.

Does overtime count?
Should do. Can't see why it can't. I'm not contracted to a Monday, but if they put me in for the next bank holiday and I didn't want to do it I would just tell them I was unable to do it.
Reply 4
I got told the "rules had changed" regarding the holidays last week. Basically the managers lied. Told us we HAD to work, yet they and their favourites were absent...
Reply 5
I'm having similar problems with them about working Easter Monday. I started last November and worked boxing day for them. They had only just done the rota today for easter and I told my section leader that I'm going away and won't be back till Monday and he said you have to be available to work all bank holidays! Even though I'm not contracted to work Mondays. He didn't seem bothered that I had booked to go away as if I should cancel my plans. Any advice would be helpful thanks
Reply 6
I joined in November and was told the first year of being there you had to work all bank holidays, I got off working the last as it was a pre booked holiday before I joined and they had to honor it as I said in interview
Hi if you are good at social media I am currently looking for distributors / representatives for Australian skin care brand that celebs use. You can literally make money 'in the back ground' in your own time working when you want to generate additional income. For more info check out my fb page millionaire mindfulness or KIK chat on madammillionaire I can send you all the info you need and I will help you get started with free coaching and mentoring.
Costs nothing to hear the free info :-)
Natasha

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending