Scroll to see replies

Original post by Colbert
Looking for fantasy bargains? :colonhash:

On paper I'd go for something along the lines of:

Guzan
Young Cuellar Collins Clark
Makoun Ireland Bannan
Albrighton Bent Gabby

But in real life Ireland and Bannan would probably be ousted for Petrov and Warnock (at left back, Clark moves to midfield).

How about this :

————Guzan————-
Young, Collins, Clarke, Warnock
——- Makoun, Delph———
Albrighton———-Agbonlahor
———–Ireland————
————Bent————–

Or is that not the formation McLiesh prefers

Original post by JK.
Why does Gabby look perpetually confused?

Reply 282
The kit pictures reminded me of that too. :lol:
Bradley should be in these teams, fo sho.
When we buy Downing; Aston villa are going to be **** next year. All your good players have gone
Original post by bob dylan

When we buy Downing; Aston villa are going to be **** next year. All your good players have gone

don't worry, i'm sure villa fans will entertain themselves watching liverpool's "title challenge" instead
Original post by Da_hopeful_1
How about this :

————Guzan————-
——- Makoun, Delph———
Albrighton———-Agbonlahor
———–Ireland————
————Bent————–

I don't know (or care!) what he was up to in Scotland but always played 4-1-4-1 with the Blues but he didn't exactly have many attacking options there. Obviously we won't know what he's planning for us until pre-season but I think there'll be a bit of restructuring the personnel before then anyway :holmes:
Original post by clarusblue
don't worry, i'm sure villa fans will entertain themselves watching liverpool's "title challenge" instead

Liverpool's target next year is to get into the champions league; not mount a title challenge. And tbh we have a MUCH better chance of mounting a title challenge than Aston Villa do getting into the champions league
Original post by clarusblue

Ahahahahahaahahahahahaaa

It's like popeye
Liverpool's target next year is to get into the champions league; not mount a title challenge. And tbh we have a MUCH better chance of mounting a title challenge than Aston Villa do getting into the champions league

But you're the one who is suggesting it :facepalm2:
Reply 290

How about this :

————Guzan————-
——- Makoun, Delph———
Albrighton———-Agbonlahor
———–Ireland————
————Bent————–

Agbonlahor is not a winger, and cannot play in that position to any kind of reasonable level. And it's madness to think of Makoun and Delph starting ahead of Petrov.
Original post by Colbert
But you're the one who is suggesting it :facepalm2:

I'm the one suggesting what?

1) The Downing deal is by no means certain yet
2) We've lost TWO of our best players (inc. Brad), we still have Bent / DJ / Petrov / Gabby / Collins / Albrighton
3) (I pray) we will have spent our money wisely (unlike you lot, £20m for Henderson - laughable) come next season so you can't really say at this point that we'll be ****
4) Learn how to use a semi-colon.
Original post by Kidioteque
1) The Downing deal is by no means certain yet
2) We've lost TWO of our best players (inc. Brad), we still have Bent / DJ / Petrov / Gabby / Collins / Albrighton
3) (I pray) we will have spent our money wisely (unlike you lot, £20m for Henderson - laughable) come next season so you can't really say at this point that we'll be ****
4) Learn how to use a semi-colon.

Bent is a proven goalscorer, I'll give him that. But aside from goalscoring he doesn't really do anything for the team.

All the rest of the players you've mentioned would never make it into one of the top 6 clubs (Man Utd, Arsenal, Chelsea, Man City, Liverpool & Spurs). The Henderson deal wasn't 20m..The fee was undisclosed and Comoli actually said that none of the figures being quoted are correct. If Dunne and Downing leave, I am pretty sure that Aston Villa will struggle to make the top half of the table in the coming season.
Have the Liverpool Soc sent the world's worst wum over here to see how he fails :facepalm2: Perhaps this is a warm up before they let him lose on the United and Arse Socs :holmes:

On occasions I like Gabby on the wing, he was used there to good effect in a couple of games last season. His pace and power means that he stops an attacking fullback from being able to go about his business which is useful when we have the likes of Warnock in behind him :colonhash:
Reply 295
Man trying to guess a first XI for the new season is a nightmare. I don't know where to begin. Well actually I do, Bent up top and Marc on the wing. DJ on the other if he doesnt go, if he does I suppose we'd see Gabby there although I wouldnt like to see it. Delph and Bannan can play on the wing but I want to see them in CM - especially Delph who I believe will have a massive season for us, injuries permitting. Makoun should have a good season for us too, I hope to see more of the stuff he showed us at the start of his Villa career rather than at the end of the season

Thing with these names though, Marc, Bannan, Delph, Makoun - a very lightweight midfield. Not that I don't think it'd work, I think it could, but I'm pretty certian McLeish wouldn't play them together. So we'll see Petrov and Nige, if he comes back (which would be a very good thing)

As for defence jeez. Seigrist is apparently fantastic, but too young to throw into a starting XI, don't think he'd command his area well enough and thats something that comes with age and experience. I don't think Guzan is good enough. L Young is probably the most underrated player we have, fantastic RB. I'd rather see Lichaj at LB than Warnock. Ideally I'd have Cuellar and Dunne at CB, but so much of this is dependant on transfers and form (especially for the likes of Dunne and Warnock) it's virtually impossible to call a starting side.

Original post by tropical-twist3
ahaha that really made me smile :suith:

True though isn't it. I remember thinking the same thing when seeing Milner in a Citeh shirt for the first time, but this is a bit different...our relationship with webcam was much longer, it had its ups and downs, but I am not ashamed to say at times (everton goal) I loved the man :moon:
Reply 296
Sorry if i'm being thick, but why webcam? :colondollar:
You'd expect a few signings surely?
Reply 298
Original post by Louis.
Sorry if i'm being thick, but why webcam? :colondollar:

The day before his England debut he went on WEBCAM with a young lady, stripped off, and perfomed an act of rigourous self abuse on his BBC. The tabloids had a riot with it

Hence the 'Ashley Young's a ****er' chants wereever he goes. I find it hilarious, and its a fantastic nickname :colondollar:
Reply 299
What a massive LAD :rofl:

Definitely value for money now :love:

Latest