The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Michael XYZ
I know that feel... :colondollar:

Not sure how it's weird to strike up conversations on the bus. I think it's quite sad that people can't do that without looking like weirdos. In different societies that's just seen as the norm... a lot more friendly I'd say.

Also, forget "power". Fugly ass 70 year olds don't get raped, decent looking 22 year olds do.

And yes, I thought some guy was trolling when he told me that legally rape is defined by a man raping someone.

Nah, a 94 year old got raped here the other day.
Reply 1801
Original post by mirin?
lol poor show tonight tbh, nothing to show for this except from a **** heap hangover. And yesterday i was hung over because Friday i did the ale festival thing then ended up in riverside for some reason (well, at least there were pre-pubescent freshers to lol at)

Gotta stop spending so much money, and fck that drinks offer machine in Bar Blanc, it ****s me over every time , i swear i have spent 20 quid tonight and the girl i was trying to **** only spent 2 quid.

And minger flatmate tried to "frontal hug" me today, thats what i call it because its a hug but really an attempt to feel some dick. Nice little ego booster but unfortunately i would just rather not.

Anyway, we're having a flat party throughout the whole building (all the flats we know) on Friday, come and hit on some sluts or something. And bring some booze if you do.

Newcastle looks like a good laugh for a night out tbh, gotta try it sometime, guessing the women are an even bigger disgrace there than they are in Manchester
Original post by Gallium
texas method or madcows?

At your stats, neither. SS, WS4SBs, Ex's routine (find it on Iron Addicts).
Original post by Smack
At your stats, neither. SS, WS4SBs, Ex's routine (find it on Iron Addicts).

LOL you always say that i think 105/62.5/145 for 5 reps is pretty darn decent at 68-70kg minus the bench :/ (ain't weighed myself recently)
I've stalled out on squat/bench/ohp deadlift is still slowly going up.
Nothing it decent if you have to qualify it with "at X bodyweight", I'm afraid.

If your bench has stalled, are you doing the required assistance?
Original post by Gallium
LOL you always say that i think 105/62.5/145 for 5 reps is pretty darn decent at 68-70kg minus the bench :/ (ain't weighed myself recently)
I've stalled out on squat/bench/ohp deadlift is still slowly going up.

Meh, you're only a few kg less than me and lift around the same and think it's not bad for a beginner but not that good compared to people that have been lifting a while.

You've almost hit 1.5*Bw Squat/1*BW Bench /2*BW Deadlift so you're doing alright.

I'm going to run SS or similiar until i can nicely hit like 120/80/150 for 5s easily. Then i may move to doing other random stuff like heavy triples /singles more often or something as my goal is to enter a comp with my bro next year and do alright in the 75kg class...
Reply 1806
Original post by a_t
Newcastle looks like a good laugh for a night out tbh, gotta try it sometime, guessing the women are an even bigger disgrace there than they are in Manchester

During term time it is filled with lame stereotypical 'wacky' students unless you go to good bars that out price those pricks.
Original post by MHorman
Meh, you're only a few kg less than me and lift around the same and think it's not bad for a beginner but not that good compared to people that have been lifting a while.

You've almost hit 1.5*Bw Squat/1*BW Bench /2*BW Deadlift so you're doing alright.

I'm going to run SS or similiar until i can nicely hit like 120/80/150 for 5s easily. Then i may move to doing other random stuff like heavy triples /singles more often or something as my goal is to enter a comp with my bro next year and do alright in the 75kg class...

Just weighed myself i'm 67kg lol, i take it that i'm 65/66 if i weigh myself first thing in the morning. I've been plugging away at bench time and time again continuous deloads and i get no where. i'm fine with other lifts even OHP i'm getting like 47.5*5
i'll kep plugging away for a few more weeks gain a little weight and review.

bench probs suffer more as i think i snapped some **** up in my shoulder
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 1808
Original post by FluxD
During term time it is filled with lame stereotypical 'wacky' students unless you go to good bars that out price those pricks.

yeah but 18-19 year old girls are fit, 99% of girls look better at the start of uni than they do at the end of it, they all put on uni weight over the 3 years
Reply 1809
Original post by Gallium
Just weighed myself i'm 67kg lol, i take it that i'm 65/66 if i weigh myself first thing in the morning. I've been plugging away at bench time and time again continuous deloads and i get no where. i'm fine with other lifts even OHP i'm getting like 47.5*5
i'll kep plugging away for a few more weeks gain a little weight and review.

bench probs suffer more as i think i snapped some **** up in my shoulder

You know what you should do? Eat some more food and gain some weight. Not saying this in a horrible way but increasing muscle and therefore weight should help with your strength.
Reply 1810
Polished off a massive 8 quid chicken shawarma plate with a portion of chips and extra pita bread, now I'm demolishing a big fat juicy rump stake with pasta and vegetables, then I can see a fry up for supper before hitting the gym hard tomorrow. Session on Saturday was weak, need food to make up for weakness.
Original post by GQ.
You know what you should do? Eat some more food and gain some weight. Not saying this in a horrible way but increasing muscle and therefore weight should help with your strength.

yh i guess your right, i'm just dissappoint with my bench, it's quite out of proportion :/, i'm only benching like 10kg more then my OHP
Reply 1812
Original post by a_t
yeah but 18-19 year old girls are fit, 99% of girls look better at the start of uni than they do at the end of it, they all put on uni weight over the 3 years

Talking about that, I know a kid who was on my course who blew the **** up and not in the good way.

I'll try and post comparison pics from start of uni and end with his face blocked out after I eat, some serious alcohol gains.

EDIT: Also I know there are a few engineering students here, care to take me up on my proposition? http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showpost.php?p=34406309&postcount=306
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by FluxD
Talking about that, I know a kid who was on my course who blew the **** up and not in the good way.

I'll try and post comparison pics from start of uni and end with his face blocked out after I eat, some serious alcohol gains.

i take it you drink now and then? how do you go about it....don't it **** you up lol.

i plan to go gym on friday and drink heavy that nite and then go gym on sat/sunday.....will it fux me up lol
Reply 1814
Original post by Gallium
i take it you drink now and then? how do you go about it....don't it **** you up lol.

i plan to go gym on friday and drink heavy that nite and then go gym on sat/sunday.....will it fux me up lol

Well at uni whenever I used to drink heavily, as in go out 4 times week then I would unfortunately neglect lifting and lose a tonne of gains.

When I get into a solid routine such as during the summer, once a week heavy drinking is manageable while still making gains. I avoid going to gym with hangover, usually I take the weekend off the gym so I can get wrecked and train during the week.
Original post by FluxD
Well at uni whenever I used to drink heavily, as in go out 4 times week then I would unfortunately neglect lifting and lose a tonne of gains.

When I get into a solid routine such as during the summer, once a week heavy drinking is manageable while still making gains. I avoid going to gym with hangover, usually I take the weekend off the gym so I can get wrecked and train during the week.

i'll guess i'll limit myself till i'm 'happy', diluting with strawberry volvic water tastes not so bad lol ;P
Reply 1816
Original post by a_t

So true. Girls in my year look noticeably worse after the few pounds they have put on.

18 year olds = fuark. And the fresher guys look so short/weedy, the girls in their year obviously think they are better than them, sad to see really. But thankfully, a couple of the lads will grow the **** up and be smashing the gash with ease in time. They look intimidated sadly in socials.
(edited 12 years ago)
Yeah but they also get better in bed.
Reply 1818
Me in 20 years time

Reply 1819
Original post by FluxD
Me in 20 years time

Lol so you want to be a prick?

Latest