The Student Room Group
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website

Lancaster 2012 Applicants!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Got an invitation to an informal open day for Biological Sciences with Study Abroad :biggrin:
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website
Reply 81
Original post by gwenllian94
I sent my application off on the 7th of October to study Mathematics, and I still haven't heard from them yet! Anyone else applying for Mathematics and have heard from them?

My UCAS application went in 14th Oct. Lancaster is the only one of my 5 I have not heard from in one way or another (all 5 of my choices were Bsc Mathematics).
Reply 82
Original post by smileycat
Just got an offer for Earth and Environmental Science of ABB, they also said this The achievement of an equivalent combination of grades will be considered but cannot automatically be accepted as meeting the terms of this offer. <-- what do you reckon this means? does it mean i will get a place if i got AAC or what about ABCC or something. Thanks :smile:

It means what it says: if you got equivalent grades (AAC, A*BC or any combination of 3 that adds up to the same number of points) then they would consider you. It would depend how many people there were who had met or exceeded their offer. If the course was not filled, they would then consider people with equivalent grades, but there is no guarantee of being accepted on those terms.
ABCC is not equivalent, as they only take 3 grades into account. If you got ABCC you would be considered after those who met the offer AND after those who got equivalent grades. You may still be accepted, but it's less likely.
Hope this is clear!
Hey, I just got an offer for English Literature :biggrin: I'm so pleased!
Original post by mikeyb1604
My UCAS application went in 14th Oct. Lancaster is the only one of my 5 I have not heard from in one way or another (all 5 of my choices were Bsc Mathematics).

I've heard from 2 unis and I've got an interview next week! Where have you applied? :-)
Reply 85
I've applied to do Biological Sciences at Lancaster, they say they want ABB but i have a feeling my offer will be AAB as i've done my a levels over 3 years (however in my first year my subjects were completely different to the ones i do now so I don't know if that counts or not?)
Anyone heard anything for Philosophy? :|
Original post by sarahobvzrofl
Hey, I just got an offer for English Literature :biggrin: I'm so pleased!

:smile:congratulations, what were the grades required for your offer?
received offer for PPE - AAB
Reply 89
Just sent my application for Politics and IR. It's sort of my safety- I prefer Scotland, but decided to apply here anyways.
Got a letter through today inviting me for an offer holder's open day in February with the English department :biggrin: I applied for English and History, but I suppose English is the lead department on it. Any other joint/single honours English-ers get this letter?
I'm applying for two courses at Lancaster, Envrionmental Mathematics and Natural Sciences. I absolutely love it there I really hope I get in!!! :smile:
Original post by Shippy
I've applied to do Biological Sciences at Lancaster, they say they want ABB but i have a feeling my offer will be AAB as i've done my a levels over 3 years (however in my first year my subjects were completely different to the ones i do now so I don't know if that counts or not?)

I'm exactly the same :redface: I applied for biological sciences + biology with psychology and re-sat year 12 with different subjects..

Are you going to any of the UCAS days? :smile: I signed up to go on the 29th of this month so I'll ask for us then if you want? :tongue:
Reply 93
Original post by calamitysarah
I'm exactly the same :redface: I applied for biological sciences + biology with psychology and re-sat year 12 with different subjects..

Are you going to any of the UCAS days? :smile: I signed up to go on the 29th of this month so I'll ask for us then if you want? :tongue:

UCAS days? No I haven't signed up for any yet, how come you have an informal interview for lancaster? I thought they didn't interview for biological sciences?
In my first Year 12, I was doing History, English Lit and English Lang because i was basically told by my mum/teachers to do it. I got CCD which isn't bad but I hated my subjects and had little motivation for them, so I redid the year and picked my own subjects this time and got AAB at AS, so I'm hoping that will be alright with them tbh :smile:
Original post by Shippy
UCAS days? No I haven't signed up for any yet, how come you have an informal interview for lancaster? I thought they didn't interview for biological sciences?
In my first Year 12, I was doing History, English Lit and English Lang because i was basically told by my mum/teachers to do it. I got CCD which isn't bad but I hated my subjects and had little motivation for them, so I redid the year and picked my own subjects this time and got AAB at AS, so I'm hoping that will be alright with them tbh :smile:

They sent a letter out saying to go to one of the UCAS days, and that you would talk to a tutor to decide on an offer that would be better for your circumstances etc :smile: And then offers are sent out immediately afterwards.. I'm not sure why sorry :frown:

I got DDUU first time, if that makes you feel better, then re-sat with different subjects and got AABB :smile: that'll be fine with them though!
Reply 95
Lancaster or Manchester? Which one is better for Management in Business?
Reply 96
Original post by wisechap
Lancaster or Manchester? Which one is better for Management in Business?

They're both good unis, so just choose a course which you'd prefer by looking at modules and decide whether you want to live in a big city/campus uni etc. :smile:
Reply 97
Original post by calamitysarah
They sent a letter out saying to go to one of the UCAS days, and that you would talk to a tutor to decide on an offer that would be better for your circumstances etc :smile: And then offers are sent out immediately afterwards.. I'm not sure why sorry :frown:

I got DDUU first time, if that makes you feel better, then re-sat with different subjects and got AABB :smile: that'll be fine with them though!

Ahh ok, well perhaps once I actually send off my application I might receive something similar then? And it seems quite fair of them to want you to come and chat about your offers regarding your circumstances :smile: Thanks for the heads up and good luck! :smile:
Original post by Shippy
Ahh ok, well perhaps once I actually send off my application I might receive something similar then? And it seems quite fair of them to want you to come and chat about your offers regarding your circumstances :smile: Thanks for the heads up and good luck! :smile:

good luck with yours too :smile:
Original post by theteenagecurse

Original post by theteenagecurse
Just got an offer for V100 History - AAB :smile: And my friend has had a letter saying that they're going to give her an offer for Law but they haven't put it on track yet. :smile:

Congrats on the offer :smile: I'm also applying for History, only just sent it off so haven't heard anything yet. Where else have you applied?

Quick Reply

Latest