The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by HollyBx
I have an interview for Children Nursing, wondered if anyone could give me any idea of what kind of questions they will ask?

Thanks..

Hi Holly,i have recently had an interview at Salford Uni for childrens nursing.Not sure where yours is ,but was advised most universitys will ask if you know of a recent current affairs issue regarding child health.The other questions i had were:why do you want to study nursing,why children,what qualities and skills do you have?.......Good luck, i was petrified,but tutors/interviewers were lovely :smile:
Reply 2
I have interviews coming up for children's nursing too! I'm scared already! Good luck! :smile: x
Reply 3
Hii :smile:
Has anyone heard anything from Chester, Nottingham, Demontfort, BCU or Keele??
Reply 4
Original post by wendyb
Hi Holly,i have recently had an interview at Salford Uni for childrens nursing.Not sure where yours is ,but was advised most universitys will ask if you know of a recent current affairs issue regarding child health.The other questions i had were:why do you want to study nursing,why children,what qualities and skills do you have?.......Good luck, i was petrified,but tutors/interviewers were lovely :smile:

Ahhh thanks, was you aloud to take notes into your interview?
Reply 5
I have interviews for childrens nursing too! got one on wednesday! same question as above, are you allowed to take notes in with you? ..or do you think its wise to do so? thanks! :smile:
Reply 6
Original post by misslarmour
I have interviews for childrens nursing too! got one on wednesday! same question as above, are you allowed to take notes in with you? ..or do you think its wise to do so? thanks! :smile:

Where's your interview for? mines tomorrow aswell :smile:
Reply 7
mines for edge hill!! :smile: at 8 in the morning! wheres yours for? x
Reply 8
Original post by misslarmour
mines for edge hill!! :smile: at 8 in the morning! wheres yours for? x

Edge Hill too at 12! I still need to know if your aloud notes though!

Good luck!
x
Reply 9
yeah same here, i think we might be best taking them and keeping them in your bag and then if it looks like other candidates have notes, then get them out!! :smile:

Good luck to you too!!!! x

Original post by JG94
Hii :smile:
Has anyone heard anything from Chester, Nottingham, Demontfort, BCU or Keele??

Hi, I have heard back from Chester, took quite a while though - six or seven weeks, so don't worry too much!
Reply 11
Original post by fingerscrossed1
Hi, I have heard back from Chester, took quite a while though - six or seven weeks, so don't worry too much!

Okay thankyou! Mine's been gone for 4 weeks now so hopefully i'll hear something soon!
At Manchester we had 5 official questions and 1 at the beginning (which wasn't marked) to help us relax.
We had;
Why Manchester?
What qualitites do you have that would make you a good children's nurse?
How has your voluntary work/work experience enhanced your communication skills?
What do you think would be the hardest part of studying to be a children's nurse?
How do you think children feel when they are admitted to hospital?

You're expected to prepare, but not too much or it sounds rehearsed! Remember that part of the reason for interview is to test your ability to answer coherantly whilst under pressure, not your ability to remember and spew out something you wrote before hand.
Reply 13
Just been invited for an interview at Demontfort Uni for Children's Nursing! :biggrin: Can advise me on what sort of questions they ask? What the interview is like?
Reply 14
I have an interview for adult nursing,Can be give me any ideas on questions asked.
thanks
Reply 15
i mean can any1 pls give me ideas on questions asked.
thanks
Reply 17
Original post by wendyb

Hi Wendy.. I've got my Child Nursing interview tomorrow at Salford and I am dreading my maths test!! :O ..
How did yours go??
How was your group discussion??

Thankyou
Sadia :biggrin:
Reply 18
Original post by HollyBx
I have an interview for Children Nursing, wondered if anyone could give me any idea of what kind of questions they will ask?

Thanks..

I think it's helpful for you....
School nurse interview questions
Good luck in your interview!
Reply 19
Thank you in advance.

Latest