The Student Room Group

LSE postgrad applicants 2012-13

Scroll to see replies

Reply 200
Original post by MartinK
Two weeks ago I applied for Msc in Management Science (Opeerational Research), still waiting for my second referee to submit his reference letter.

Pretty nervous already....even though I know that I still have to wait for several weeks/months!

Good luck to everyone!

I have applied for the same course. did you apply anywhere else? I applied before two weeks as well.

Where and what do you study at the moment?
Reply 201
That is great! I have not applied to any other university yet. However, I am considering Imperial, Cass and Cambridge.

Currently, I am about to finish my Ph.D. in Computer Science from one of the top universities in Slovakia. In 2010 I have attended LSE Summer School. One of the courses was oriented in Decision Science; through it I got to know about Operational Research.

After finishing this degree I would like to move to consultancy; therefore, I consider it as a good match with my background. Moreover, I like it better than MBA which is more or less about general management.

What about you?
Reply 202
Original post by bobbypin
I think they update trackers on Fridays, so we might hear from them tomorrow...

everyday I check this forum, and everyday I check my tracker. Also, I almost had a heart attack last week when I received a random information email from LSE. Psycho me? :eek:I am sure we are all the same. I really hope that some of us will have an answer before Xmas
Reply 203
Both my reference letters were submitted; let's the waiting begin! :s-smilie:!
Reply 204
Original post by MartinK
That is great! I have not applied to any other university yet. However, I am considering Imperial, Cass and Cambridge.

Currently, I am about to finish my Ph.D. in Computer Science from one of the top universities in Slovakia. In 2010 I have attended LSE Summer School. One of the courses was oriented in Decision Science; through it I got to know about Operational Research.

After finishing this degree I would like to move to consultancy; therefore, I consider it as a good match with my background. Moreover, I like it better than MBA which is more or less about general management.

What about you?

I am in the third year of my studies and I am doing my bsc in management. Let's wait ..!!
good luck ..
Reply 205
good luck to you as well!
Reply 206
Just got rejected for Msc Management and Strategy. I saw it on the online tracker. Didn't got the email yet.
Reply 207
Original post by Requiem87
Just got rejected for Msc Management and Strategy. I saw it on the online tracker. Didn't got the email yet.

when did you apply?
Reply 208
Original post by zziippoo
when did you apply?

All the documents were received on 2/12.
Reply 209
All the documents were received on 2/12.

what is your plan b? have you applied for two different courses?

can i ask you smthg? where do you study and what?
Reply 210
Crap. does that mean offer week has started? I guess monday will the D day for some of us. Best of luck everyone!
Reply 211
oh just give us our replies..
Reply 212
what is your plan b? have you applied for two different courses?

can i ask you smthg? where do you study and what?

I have graduated from a very good university in Greece in "Economics and Social studies" with 7,5/10.
Gmat: 600
Toefl: 106
And i had a year long internship on a construction company in a managerial position.
Reply 213
strange that they kicked you out that quickly. i mean this sounds very decent and you had just applied two weeks ago
Actually, I think they are very fast at the rejecting. I applied for my programme last year and got rejected in a week. So I retook my GMAT and applied again this year. 4 weeks so far and still under consideration.
Reply 215
I have graduated from a very good university in Greece in "Economics and Social studies" with 7,5/10.
And i had a year long internship on a construction company in a managerial position.

ask to review again your application form. is that possible?
what about your references? or your personal st? are they good?
Reply 216

Your GMAT could be the reason, it is on the lower side and I know that they prefer like a 700 at least.
Reply 217
ask to review again your application form. is that possible?
what about your references? or your personal st? are they good?

My references (all three of them) were more than good as far as i can tell. As for my personal statement i think it was a decent one.
I have a second choice (Management and Human Resources) but i am not optimistic for that as well. Given that (according to their website) in both programs the total number of applications last year was 712 and in Management and Strategy they offered 70+ places and in Management and H.R. just 40... i think i don't stand a chance.
damn. even I applied to MSc Management and Strategy. this is scary stuff. Though i just sent my application in a couple of days back.. so i guess I won't be hearing from them until January. best of luck everyone!
Reply 219
Original post by FinLuv
Your GMAT could be the reason, it is on the lower side and I know that they prefer like a 700 at least.

Before i apply that was my initial thought. Of course i knew people that got into that program with a gmat of 570+ so i thought i should try at least.

Best of luck to everyone!!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending