The Student Room Group

Unpopular Food and Drink Opinions

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Luna.
Couldn't agree more. It adds a whole other dimension!

I also like burgers with a slice of pineapple in them.

Or two. :coma:
Reply 81
Original post by Contrad!ction.
I also like burgers with a slice of pineapple in them.

Or two. :coma:

I've never had this!!
*takes mental note*
I love broccoli and cabbage in all forms! Oh, and I can't stand the thought of rare/medium rare meat, i prefer steak totally burnt to a crisp so you have to chew it
Original post by hannahhaworth
haha fair enough. I don't really like fried eggs, but poached taste really similar to boiled

Ah okay, maybe I'll try one some day then. As long as they're not slimy it'll probably be okay
Reply 84
i HATE potatoes (that arent chips or crisps) and beans and mushrooms and courgettes and eggs....etc!! it's the texture that I can't stand....:eek:
Reply 85
Mars>Twix.
Reply 86
I like to cook rice until it goes sticky and soft and clumpy. I do this by not stirring it and overcooking it. Yum.
Original post by LemonPi
I like to cook rice until it goes sticky and soft and clumpy. I do this by not stirring it and overcooking it. Yum.

This isn't particularly unpopular, it's just uncommon. Steaming rice without stirring it is standard practice in most asian countries, especially Thailand.
Reply 88
Chocolate makes me sick!
Alcohol, well this has to be the worst drink ever made!
Reply 89
:u: Nice. My flatmate did mention that sticky rice has a name for itself and is cooked like that in some places...

Still, it's not very popular with another flatmate who insists it should be stirred, and my fiancé must be physically stopped from stirring it. :colonhash:
Original post by LemonPi
:u: Nice. My flatmate did mention that sticky rice has a name for itself and is cooked like that in some places...

Still, it's not very popular with another flatmate who insists it should be stirred, and my fiancé must be physically stopped from stirring it. :colonhash:

To be fair standard boiling is quicker so I use it occasionally. When I steam my rice I use a 2:1 ratio of water to rice, bung it in a saucepan then bring to a simmer together with the lid on. With the horrific oven I have in my flat, it can take up to 45 mins for the water to fully evaporate =P
I hate philadelphia cheese. it is the only food other than marmite that I will not eat
Reply 92
Cornflake and ketchup butties are absolutely divine.

Ice cream is disgusting.
Reply 93
Peas>Carrots
Haggis is delicious.

Pork products, as a general rule, are not. The exceptions are: pepperoni/salami/other spiced type things like that, smoked sausage, frankenfurters and some sausage rolls (just not the cold ones where the meat tastes like Play Doh). Bacon, ham, gammon, normal sausages etc. make my stomach turn!

(Basically I only like overly tampered with pork)
Reply 95
Garlic sauce on kebabs is WRONG
Reply 96
Chutney - My GOD chutney - bleh! horrible horrible stuff even the word chutney brings a shiver to my spine!
Parsnips > All other veg

Chocolate > Any other food, would eat nothing but chocolate if I could live a healthy life doing so

Super noodles > Epic meal

Dunno how unpopular these are, just my opnion but we'll see :smile:
Reply 98
Original post by extremebadgers
I hate philadelphia cheese. it is the only food other than marmite that I will not eat

agreed. I cannot stand Philadelphia cheese!

I also am of the opinion that mayonnaise is evil -_-
I hate onions and mushrooms. In any way, shape or form. Yuck.

Also, Cream Soda - AWFUL!!!

Quick Reply