The Student Room Group

Gcse maths exam linear 2nd march & 5th march. Grade boundaries

Ive done both the exams, ive had a look at the model answers
and i roughly think i got 40% on the first paper and 60% on the second papers (not accurate). do you think this is enough for a b?. and also
for the june exams ive heard it is going to be reaaly hard. can you tell me more about it.. what is likely to be on that paper
Reply 1
Heys welcome to the student room,

so did you get 100/200? if so i believe that could be a High c or a low B ( sorry to say but thats if you have 100 oh and btw im badd at percentages :frown: )

The june exams are going to be harder due to it's going to be functional skills.

June 2011:

Level 1: click here

Level 2: click here
Reply 2
well i dint get exactly 100 out of 200.. i got a bit more.. lets say 109.. and thaaaaaaaanks.. i think that would be helpfull..
nah you can predict whether the exam it's going to be hard or not. perhaps it's gonna be easier than those we did already
(edited 12 years ago)
I did the june 2011 and march 2012 exam, and for the june 2011 one a few of my friends got below 100 marks overall and they did get a B. I got about 123 i think and that was an A! I think in the june exams (2012) there will be questions based on functional skills.
Reply 5
Original post by destinydownloads
I did the june 2011 and march 2012 exam, and for the june 2011 one a few of my friends got below 100 marks overall and they did get a B. I got about 123 i think and that was an A! I think in the june exams (2012) there will be questions based on functional skills.

oh ritee.. was the june 2011 exam easier then this march 2012 one or was it more hard?.. or was it the same.. cos the grade boundaries for the june was quite low.. and hopefullyy i get a b this time so i dont need to do the june one
Original post by Slykid1996
oh ritee.. was the june 2011 exam easier then this march 2012 one or was it more hard?.. or was it the same.. cos the grade boundaries for the june was quite low.. and hopefullyy i get a b this time so i dont need to do the june one

I'll say march was a tiny bit more tricky, btw does anyone know if I could get an A* with approximately 85 on non-calc and 90 on calc?
Reply 7
That would definitely be an A*. With the standards of the exams, I cannot see an A* rising above 165/200 which is around june 2011's boundaries as well. So you would be quite your way into the A* grade regardless of it being a bit higher anyway.
Reply 8
What do people think C will be?
I got about 146 in total? would that be enough for an A?
TBH I think A* this year is going to be pretty high, probably 175 - 178 marks out of 200. And an "A" is probably going to be 141-145. Also these are only predictions and my estimate after looking at both papers and previous grade boundaries. Best of luck everyone and hope you get the grades you deserve.:smile:
Original post by jgdestroyer95
TBH I think A* this year is going to be pretty high, probably 175 - 178 marks out of 200. And an "A" is probably going to be 141-145. Also these are only predictions and my estimate after looking at both papers and previous grade boundaries. Best of luck everyone and hope you get the grades you deserve.:smile:

Totally Agreed. :biggrin:
Reply 12
Original post by jgdestroyer95

what about b

Quick Reply

Latest