The Student Room Group

Best employability in CHINA ? - Manchester/Edinburgh/ Strathclyde/Brunel/GCU

Best employability in CHINA ? - Manchester/Edinburgh/Strathclyde/Brunel/GCU
I received offers for the following programmes:

1. Chinese Business and Management - Manchester
2. International Business and Emerging Markets - Edinburgh
3. International Management - Strathclyde
4. Applied Corporate Brand Management - Brunel (London)
5. MBA Luxury Brand Marketing - Glasgow Caledonian (London campus)

Which one would you choose if you consider working in China in the future?
Reply 1
You have to ask the Chinese employers I guess....:confused:
Reply 2
Original post by BERLO
Best employability in CHINA ? - Manchester/Edinburgh/Strathclyde/Brunel/GCU
I received offers for the following programmes:

1. Chinese Business and Management - Manchester
2. International Business and Emerging Markets - Edinburgh
3. International Management - Strathclyde
4. Applied Corporate Brand Management - Brunel (London)
5. MBA Luxury Brand Marketing - Glasgow Caledonian (London campus)

Which one would you choose if you consider working in China in the future?

Have you considered the MSc International Business at Nottingham University Business School? They are probably number one if you are seeking employment in China. Part of the course can be studied at their China campus and the course in general has a massive emphasis on China. All my chinese classmates kept on saying how Nottingham had by far the greatest reputation in China.
Reply 3
Original post by All-in
Have you considered the MSc International Business at Nottingham University Business School? They are probably number one if you are seeking employment in China. Part of the course can be studied at their China campus and the course in general has a massive emphasis on China. All my chinese classmates kept on saying how Nottingham had by far the greatest reputation in China.

I remembered one of my Chinese coursemate telling me that Nottingham is the most famous uni in China but she also told me that she has not heard of LSE and Imperial before. :eek:
Reply 4
I am Chinese, Manchester and Edinburgh will be the best
Reply 5
Working in China doesn´t necessarily mean to be employed by a Chinese company. There are many employees recruited by MNCs in China - why not to be one of them?

Nottingham´s China-related business programme isn´t even taught at the Business School. They might be good at issues concerning contemporary China but I have my doubts about their competency in business matters.
Reply 6
id say manchester or edinburgh :smile:
Reply 7
Do you think Manchester and Edinburgh would be the best because of the universities reputation or the programme?
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 8
only rep
Reply 9
Personally, I prefer Manchester and Edinburgh cuz their programmes are more specialized and Asia-oriented. And reputation of course...
I'm surprised you haven't mentioned any b-schools in China. If you really want to gain employability in China then one of the best ways to start building your network, and immersing yourself in the culture is by starting as a student. CEIBS in has a clear China focus and teaches the most advanced international business theories while attaching great importance to the practical application of these skills in China. If you want a look at what students from CEIBS MBA are like and go on to do, why not take a look at the CEIBS MBA school page on mba news and networking site business because. There you can read the learn essential facts about living and studying in China and see profiles of their students and alums. http://www.businessbecause.com/business-schools/china-europe-international-business-school
Reply 11
Alternatively you could also look at Cheung Keong CKGSB in Beijing or Shanghai. They hire top faculty, but are not ranked internationally. In China, they are supposed to be a top school. One of my friends goes there and it's probably quite an eye opener in doing business in China. The way she put it was:

EMBA => Bosses that want more connections
MBA => Network with the EMBA bosses to get a job.

A few people I spoke to the last time I was in Beijing also said that it's more about practical experience than theory (one of them has an EMBA from CEIBS, class of 96, fully sponsored by Siemens).

If you are adamant on choosing a UK business school, then I would guess:

Manchester or Edinburgh

Companies in China care a lot about reputation.
Shanghai's SAIF is also one of the best Finance MBAs in China. They teach in English and offer free Chinese lessons to their international students. You also have the option of going on exchange to places like Australia, New Zealand and their career services are big on placing students in top firms.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending