The Student Room Group

Size 8 girls...

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
I eat pretty much everything and I get the bus most places but have to walk over a giant field to get to the bus stop. I have a good metabolism anyway.
Reply 21
Original post by commandant
I'm not a size 8 nor am I a girl so I can't comment

So why did you.
Reply 22
drink lots of water.. i dont eat, just eat a piece of cheese when i feel like im going drop
Original post by flown_muse
I was looking at your blog, well done! You are an inspiration, and most importantly, you look happy and healthy. Congratulations, honestly.

Thank you!
Reply 24
Original post by im so academic
Then explain to me why many people have told me that I'm fat when I am a size 8? (And I am not bull****ting about my size).

Are they bigger than you? Maybe they're just jealous.
Or maybe they just need help.
My sister's an 8 and she eats a lot.
On Saturdays, for example, she'll have breakfast (tea, crossaint, soup or something of the sort) then wait til I wake up and have breakfast again (pancakes or omellette or something like that) then for lunch it would be rice and curry (about 200g of rice and a whole load of curry on top) then for dinner it would be rice again or pizza or some kind of junk. She also snacks on crisps and chocolate a lot - when you have one crisp, she'll have two or three! She must consume between 2000 and 2500 a day! She's about 5'0 and her metabolism is as fast as anything! She's also veeeeerrrrryyyyy lazy and does not do any exercise at all :eek:

The sad thing is I'm 5'2", a size 10 and I can't eat more than 1000 calories without gaining weight. And I workout! It's so sad :frown:
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Tishh
Are they bigger than you? Maybe they're just jealous.
Or maybe they just need help.

Thinner than me.
I eat like a pig, in all honesty. I do jazz/ballet class once a week minimum, if we've got a show on that'll increase to at least 3 times a week dancing. Occasionally I'll thow in some Zumba for the fun of it, and I walk everywhere 'cause I'm cheap. I also work in a bakery, so.. well.. healthyness isn't my priority.

Okay, let's see what I ate today..
Tea (dash of milk, 1 sugar)
Pain au chocolat
Tea (dash of milk, 1 sugar)
1/4 of a chicken sandwich
Salt and vinegar crisps
Apple
Half a fish supper.
I'll probably nibble on something later, and drink more tea.

That probably hasn't helped at all.
Reply 28
Original post by commandant
I'm not a size 8 nor am I a girl so I can't comment

So don't comment

Um, so far today, 3 slices of toast(brown bread) with jam and tea with milk and sugar
2 packets of noodles, meant to be 1 but I thought it would be much less than what it was and i feel bad when i leave uneaten food :/
A couple of oranges in between

Yesterday:
3 slices of toast (brown bread) with jam and tea with milk and sugar
a packet of crisps and an onigiri
sherperd's pie with chicken wings
A couple of oranges in-between

once i eat it takes me about 4/5 hours to get hungry again so i end up eating at about 10/11pm at night which is supposedly bad, idk (i had the sherperd's pie at 11 lol)
(edited 12 years ago)
Thinner than me.

It could be to wind you up, or in a joking way? :smile:Size 8 is in no way fat :smile:
I don't do any specific forms of exercise (although I'm joining the gym this week) but I'm quite an active person as in I move around a lot, and I eat al right, probably the minimum daily guidelines. Maybe a little less.
Reply 31
I'm a size 8/10 I eat what ever I want, whenever I want. For exercise I ride horses.
Reply 32
size 12 is apparently the healthy size of a woman and new studies suggest it is now actually size 14. I'm a size 8 and im 21, however this is not down to what a eat or the exercise i do. I am naturally slim (so my doctor tells me) due to genetics and my metabolism but i dont look boney. A friend of mine who became obsessed with dropping down to my size lost loads of weight and looked gaunt, ill and her bones stuck out.
veryone's body is different, there are some people out there who are at the gym 5 days a week but really struggle to lose weight and some people (like myself) who admittedly doesnt exercise enough always manages to stay slim, and i eat a good 3 meals a days i have a very balanced diet and i snack throughout the day. If you want to lose weight do it the healthy way and find a hobby you enjoy. also make sure you eat 3 full meals a day, skipping meals will make your body hold on to fat making it difficult to lose weight. tbh i dont see the appeal of being a size 8 iv always thought my body looks child like... size 10 upwards looks much nicer in my opinion.
Original post by f_osman
drink lots of water.. i dont eat, just eat a piece of cheese when i feel like im going drop

You trying to suggest that size 8's are unhealthy or something? :curious:
Reply 34
I'm size 8, but people would perceive me as fat. So OP, forget about aiming for size 8. It's all about size 4/6 nowadays.

People would you as fat and you wear a size 8. How tall are and how do you weigh? (you PM me if don't to post your weight)
It seems most of the size 8 girls on here do no exercise and eat like pigs... meaning they have ridiculously fast metabolisms and probably good genes, but if they do no exercise then they're probably unfit and have no muscle definition. This isn't really healthy is it...

OP, aim to be svelte and toned. It doesn't matter what clothes size you are!

The slimmest I can get to is a 12 because I have wide hips and a wide bone structure in general (I'm tall so it balances out). But when I'm a 12 I look very slim and I'm happy. I would never want to be an 8.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 36
I just eat whenever i'm hungry
on a normal week day I won't have breakfast as i'd rather sleep then get up for food.
I will have a fruit on the way to college
for lunch i'd have quite a large lunch almost like a full dinner meal
i'd have snacks in between chocolate, crisps, fruits.
i'll have a full dinner whatever my mum cooks
i may have dessert depending on how much i'm craving a nice pudding.

on weekends I will have breakfast on top of this.

I don't think what I eat affects my weight as i've been the same weight +/- 5lb since I was about 13-14. Some people say I am lucky but personally I would like to put on a stone in weight.
I'm size 8, partly because of my 5' height, but I eat pretty much normally.
Well...trying to be healthy though cause I eat a lot of junk...
for breakfast I had:

An apple and four jaffa cakes

Lunch:
Pitta bread, grapes and an orange

Dinner:
I'll have pizza

:smile:
Original post by amski91
size 12 is apparently the healthy size of a woman and new studies suggest it is now actually size 14.

That's so wrong. Firstly, dress size suggests hardly anything about weight. Some women who are a size 14 can be very overweight whereas others can be more or less considered 'normal'.

And secondly, that simply can't be true, there's not a specific, distinct figure which everyone should be in order to be a at their healthiest, each individual is different, so there's more of a range of 'healthiest weight', not a certain figure.

Out of interest where did you hear that?
Reply 39
Original post by EffieFlowers
That's so wrong. Firstly, dress size suggests hardly anything about weight. Some women who are a size 14 can be very overweight whereas others can be more or less considered 'normal'.

And secondly, that simply can't be true, there's not a specific, distinct figure which everyone should be in order to be a at their healthiest, each individual is different, so there's more of a range of 'healthiest weight', not a certain figure.

Out of interest where did you hear that?

I agree. If i were a size 14 I'd look like a whale :frown: (I'm short)

Quick Reply

Latest