The Student Room Group

HELP! Now. - I have a high 'C' (few marks off a 'B') on my GCSE French c/w...

but I want a B overall. What exam grade do I need?

I think I have 78/120 marks for coursework?
What exam board?
For AQA coursework (writing) is 30%. Speaking is 30%. Readung and listening both make up 40%. I'm not sure what exam board, be more precise
You're making a lot of threads :tongue:
Reply 3
Original post by multiplexing-gamer
What exam board?
For AQA coursework (writing) is 30%. Speaking is 30%. Readung and listening both make up 40%. I'm not sure what exam board, be more precise

AQA

Original post by Alexandra's Box
You're making a lot of threads :tongue:

I have a lot of questions :wink:
Original post by JDWhite1995
AQA

I have a lot of questions :wink:

For your coursework does this include speaking and writing? If so you probably need a strong B. For example, if you you got one mark under a B in the CW, then you'd only need about 4 marks more than a B in the exam.
Reply 5
So an 'A'?
So an 'A'?

No, four marks above the bottom grade boundary for a B. However, take into account I haven't seen your actual scores so I'm generalising.
Reply 7
Reply 8
but I want a B overall. What exam grade do I need?

I think I have 78/120 marks for coursework?

If you have only recently completed the coursework then those aren't definite marks. The speaking mark still has to be moderated by AQA, and the writing is marked by AQA so your teacher's estimate of the mark may well change.

The speaking and writing each have a max mark of 90UMS, the 2 exams are out of 60 each, i.e. 300 max for the total GCSE. You need at least 210/300 for a B.
One speaking is recorded, the other is unrecorded. Only a sample (e.g. 5 recordings) of the recorded speaking exam are moderated by AQA.

It's too late now to rectify your controlled assessment; it has to be sent forward on Monday 7th.

However, the grade boundaries for the exams are ludicrously low and so you should be able to pick up easy marks in those (given that you revise your vocab and do some practice), and get your overall grade to a B.

Bonne chance! x
Reply 10
Yes, what ArtisticFlair said. Getting a B shouldn't be too difficult with the reading and listening, as long as you revise.

Quick Reply

Latest