The Student Room Group
Craiglockhart Campus
Edinburgh Napier University

Edinburgh Napier: Applicants for 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 340
Original post by Smoother124
Is anyone doing bussiness or accounts? Also has anyone applied for their accomodation yet? If so where?!

Hey,
I've recieved a conditional for Business Studies, i tried to apply for accomodation but the man i spoke to said it's not possible to apply for accomodation until your unconditional. i.e. met the result requirements.
What are you planning on studying?
:smile:
Craiglockhart Campus
Edinburgh Napier University
Reply 341
Original post by Vanessa1993x
The business department is really nice, my lecturers are all really helpful :smile: I really like Edinburgh there is a lot to do and a few nice parks for when it's sunny but I do come from a much smaller city so I just think it's amazing :tongue: the people are generally friendly around Edinburgh obviously there are some dodgy people and areas but that's the same anywhere :smile: at uni everyone I've spoken to has been really friendly x

Aww that's good then :smile: Yeah I come from a small city in the countryside lol, so sounds good! Thankyou for your help! It's nice to have an inside opinion :biggrin: x
Original post by sarah.k
Anything interesting on the letter???

Nope lol just included the PVG, im dying to get some more info
Reply 343
Original post by catrionamal
Has anybody heard anything from Napier after firming an offer?

No. Should I be worried? I think it's normal, seeing how fast they replied to the application. :biggrin:
Original post by dace
No. Should I be worried? I think it's normal, seeing how fast they replied to the application. :biggrin:

I just got a letter today and I firmed a month ago :smile: although the letter is at home so I don't know what it says yet :P
Reply 345
I applied 3 month ago, (yes I'm a late applicant :tongue:).
Maybe the uni forgot me :frown:
Reply 346
Original post by Giulippi
I applied 3 month ago, (yes I'm a late applicant :tongue:).
Maybe the uni forgot me :frown:

If you are a late applicant I think you have to wait a little longer, but don't worry , they don't forget about the applicants :smile:
has anyone who has firmed a Conditional offer heard anything from the uni? or do they wait until they can make their offer unconditional, cause i need to do IELTS but i might not be able to do it until August, and it would be horrible to wait that long til starting arranging my move to a whole new country.
Reply 348
Original post by dylansdream
has anyone who has firmed a Conditional offer heard anything from the uni? or do they wait until they can make their offer unconditional, cause i need to do IELTS but i might not be able to do it until August, and it would be horrible to wait that long til starting arranging my move to a whole new country.

Your place at the uni is assured if you meet their requirements listed in UCAS Track.
If you take the IELTS test in August, make sure you have the results until the end of the month. I suggest that you try to take the test earlier as a back-up, in case you fail it the first time.
I wish you luck with the test! :smile: (I will take it next week)
Reply 349
Original post by Natasha_7
Hey guys :smile: I got an unconditional offer to study psychology a few days ago! Anyone else got any offers to study/wanting to study psychology? :smile:

I got a conditonal for psychology and sociology :smile: you firming your unconditional? you know anyone else applying for psychology? :biggrin:
Reply 350
Hey everyone! :smile: I have a conditional for Psychology and Sociology at Napier and I'm mega excited about moving to Edinburgh! Anyone else got an offer for it and going to accept it?
Does anybody know if you get a letter or acknowledgement email or anything from Napier after you have firmed their offer?
And lastly, what is the best accommodation at Napier and can you only apply for it once you get your grades in August if you are on a conditional offer?
Just want to find out which accommodation is best and which is not so nice haha! Im super excited about moving here, it is an amazing city, with good shopping and a great nightlife! woopa! :biggrin:
Reply 351
Original post by KoKoKiKi
I got a conditonal for psychology and sociology :smile: you firming your unconditional? you know anyone else applying for psychology? :biggrin:

That's great, well done! :biggrin: What are your conditions? :smile: Yeah, I have firmed it, i'm so excited! :biggrin: And apart from you and a few others on this site, no I don't yet, but hopefully we'll hear from some others who have applied for psychology soon :biggrin:
Reply 352
Original post by Natasha_7
That's great, well done! :biggrin: What are your conditions? :smile: Yeah, I have firmed it, i'm so excited! :biggrin: And apart from you and a few others on this site, no I don't yet, but hopefully we'll hear from some others who have applied for psychology soon :biggrin:

Thats so good! I have to get a C in Advanced Higher Modern Studies and a B in Higher Admin. What about you? Im defo going to firm it and hopefully going to head up there this september! :smile:
Reply 353
Hello everyone,I am an international student and have a conditional for MA screenwriting.I heard a lot about the course and the uni yet I am still uncertain about it.so if you help out me I will be very happy.Do you think napier is a prestigious uni?(especially in film,media etc.) Do you prefer halls of university or rent a house in edinburgh? I will be a postgraduate student and have few classmates.so how is social life? Being alone in the cold city edinburgh scares me a little:biggrin:
Reply 354
:eek:
Original post by Smoother124
Is anyone doing bussiness or accounts? Also has anyone applied for their accomodation yet? If so where?!

I've firmed a conditional offer for Business Studies, so fingers crossed, pretty sure i'm going to meet the entry requirements though.. I hope. What are you studying? And no I haven't applied for accomodation yet as I cannot apply until my offer as switched to unconditional, which will be if or when I get the grades. Have you applied for accomodation?
Reply 355
I've got an unconditional for Accounting with Corporate Finance.
Reply 356
Original post by angel_delight
Nope lol just included the PVG, im dying to get some more info

Aaahh ok I got that one. Ya I'm eagar to get going! Don't think we will get much info for.another bit!!
Just firmed up and offer and applied for accomodation, starting to feel a bit nervous now but I cant wait! does anyone have there accomodation reservations through yet?
Btw im doing biomed :-P
Reply 359
Napier is my insurance, they haven't emailed me asking to send them proof of my qualifications like Edinburgh uni did...is this normal?

Quick Reply

Latest