The Student Room Group
City campus, Glasgow Caledonian University
Glasgow Caledonian University

Anyone going to Glasgow Caledonian University 2012?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by SazzyJazzyApple
4 others? There's more of us? whoo!!!

Hahaa yep :wink::biggrin:
City campus, Glasgow Caledonian University
Glasgow Caledonian University
Reply 61
Original post by Midnightsk010
Haha yep, make that 5 others now, their all either at my school, or local people I know :smile: Their all conditions though, some are quite easy, others are quite hard to meet :O. We're all from Glasgow dudette :smile: so no need to move into halls. Planning on getting a car instead haha :wink:

Wow :eek:, if we meet our conditions we should all meet up at some point in August, that way it won't seem quite so daunting in September :smile: x
Reply 62
Original post by gedi94
YES i'm also planning to study physiotherapy at GCU it's my first choice,and im also from N.I

Me too! :smile:
Reply 63
Original post by racheeeeee
ive placed international business as firm, and international retail marketing as my insurance :P is your one retail marketing too? O:
yeah i know >< gonna miss my friends and family alot though, are you from scotland or england? :biggrin: same same! haha i'd laugh if we stay in the same building at halls XD

Arrrr cool!! I was gonna do international retail marketing as my insurance but i had a change of heart and went for marketing! Buuuut we're gonna meet our conditions so we WILL be on the same course :tongue:! Yeah I'm not surprised, I'll miss my mummy so much! At least you'll have your boyfriend there :smile: I'm from the south of Scotland so pretty far away from glasgow! Haha that would be sewwww funny! Have you applied for yours yet? I'm gonna do it tomorrow :smile: x
Reply 64
Im going to GCU to do Physio :smile: but i havent even applies for accommodation yet :/ where is best to apply?
Reply 65
No, it's going to be just you that's going.
Hey guys! The application form for accommodation has finally been put up for the 2012/2013 session.
http://www.gcu.ac.uk/study/undergraduate/accommodation/howtoapply/
Reply 67
Original post by reebz123
Arrrr cool!! I was gonna do international retail marketing as my insurance but i had a change of heart and went for marketing! Buuuut we're gonna meet our conditions so we WILL be on the same course :tongue:! Yeah I'm not surprised, I'll miss my mummy so much! At least you'll have your boyfriend there :smile: I'm from the south of Scotland so pretty far away from glasgow! Haha that would be sewwww funny! Have you applied for yours yet? I'm gonna do it tomorrow :smile: x

i chose international retail marketing cos it had a lower grade requirement, so hopefully i can do either one of them, although i have no idea what retail marketing will bring to my future LOOL, yup i've applied for it yesterday! have you applied for it? :smile: fingers crossed i get an en-suite room, I HATE sharing bathrooms LOL xx
Anyone applied for accommodation in Buchanan View?
Original post by Natalieee0703

Yeah I did ^__^ Being 20, my chances of getting into Caley Court were slim so I just went for Buchanan views instead. It looks alright for the most part.
Original post by Miss Trololol
Yeah I did ^__^ Being 20, my chances of getting into Caley Court were slim so I just went for Buchanan views instead. It looks alright for the most part.

Awesome :3 I live quite close so i thought they would give priority to others so i chose Buchanan view, yeah i thought it looked alright.. we'll see :P what are you going to study?
Awesome :3 I live quite close so i thought they would give priority to others so i chose Buchanan view, yeah i thought it looked alright.. we'll see :P what are you going to study?

I'm about 300 miles away but I've seen a few people from Wales and Ireland that will be moving to Glasgow so yeah, I didn't wanna chance getting rejected for Caley Court then not having a place to stay :tongue:

I'm staying Psychology with IE. What about you?
Social sciences :3
Social sciences :3

Awesome. We may share a couple of lectures then ^_^
Awesome. We may share a couple of lectures then ^_^

that we might :P
Reply 75

I'm planning too, but haven't yet..
Reply 76
Original post by cmcgread
Yeah i'm going this year, and im applying to caley halls, im from ireland and dont know a soul going, so im pretty nervous. I hope to do quantity surveying, anyone else doing this?

Hey, I've gotten into Quantity Surveying aswell, i'm from glasgow so i'll show you around :wink:
Reply 77
Oh yay, lol, i mailed you I think? lol
Original post by cmcgread
Yeah i'm going this year, and im applying to caley halls, im from ireland and dont know a soul going, so im pretty nervous. I hope to do quantity surveying, anyone else doing this?

Don't worry :3 Lots of us are in the same boat. I'm really nervous as well and I only about 300 miles away from GCU.
Reply 79
Don't worry :3 Lots of us are in the same boat. I'm really nervous as well and I only about 300 miles away from GCU.

same with me i know nobody, all of my friends are going to either aberdeen, dundee, or edinburgh :confused:
i am hoping to study optometry, i will also be staying in caley court

Quick Reply