The Student Room Group
University of Sussex
University of Sussex
Brighton

Sussex Fall Semester

I received some info that the start dates are Sept 15/16th for orientation and it ends Dec 15th. Does anyone know how long exams last, I can't find an academic calendar on the site. I'm trying to book early to get the best prices from the US.
Thanks!
They're changing the structure of the terms next year; the info I've got applies to my subject (English) but I'm assuming it will be fairly similar for everyone. Apparently:

Freshers week starts: 15/9/12
Teaching starts: 20/9/12
Teaching ends: 12/12/12

Exams are at the beginning of the spring term from 9/1/13 - 18/1/13.

Hope this helps!
University of Sussex
University of Sussex
Brighton
Reply 2
Alternatively you may want to look at this:

http://www.sussex.ac.uk/ogs/governance/termdates

Original post by gabrielle13
I received some info that the start dates are Sept 15/16th for orientation and it ends Dec 15th. Does anyone know how long exams last, I can't find an academic calendar on the site. I'm trying to book early to get the best prices from the US.
Thanks!
Reply 3
I'm English Lit also..studying abroad for a year. I know the 15th of September starts school and the 12th of December ends, but do exams for the Fall start then or end then? I thought "teaching ends" meant everything but then I read somewhere that exams are after that.
Sorry, usually at my school, everything is spelled out, they will have "last exam date is Dec 18h" or something like that.

Thank you!
Reply 4
Thanks for the link..I didn't see that before. We always have our exams before break, so that will be a change.
Reply 5
Original post by gabrielle13
Thanks for the link..I didn't see that before. We always have our exams before break, so that will be a change.

The exams as far as i know... actually it is in the link i gave you, it says Year-end assesment ends and start so the exams will be in this period
Reply 6
I saw that they have them in January. I meant at my school in the US, we always have our Fall exams at the end of the semester, so when we go on break, it's done. When we start in January, it's the beginning of the Spring semester and new classes.
They wrote me at Sussex to say if I need to make return reservations, anytime after Dec 12th would be fine. I don't know what I'm doing but I have to make it round trip for now.

Quick Reply

Latest