The Student Room Group

WJEC PH2 Waves & Particles 25th May Discussion thread

I haven't been able to find one so I thought i'd make a thread on this exam!

22 DAYS FROM NOW is the WJEC PH2 EXAM.

How's everyone feeling? Are you well into revision and how do you find it in comparison with PH1?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by MrRyan
I haven't been able to find one so I thought i'd make a thread on this exam!

22 DAYS FROM NOW is the WJEC PH2 EXAM.

How's everyone feeling? Are you well into revision and how do you find it in comparison with PH1?

I do it :smile:

I'm feeling very bad about this exam, it's going to be the one that will let me down. I just did a paper and got 55% lol, but anything over 50% in physics is good for me.

What about you?
Reply 2
www.physicsrevision.co.nr

A little site I made specifically for WJEC

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
How did everyone find it?
That was quite a nice exam.
Original post by Perpetuallity
That was quite a nice exam.

Yeah wasn't too bad. There were a few tricky questions.
Original post by Emissionspectra
Yeah wasn't too bad. There were a few tricky questions.

I reckon the grade boundary will be around the 60/62 region for an A. Any thoughts?
Original post by Perpetuallity
I reckon the grade boundary will be around the 60/62 region for an A. Any thoughts?

I'm not too sure seems reasonable, but a lot of people from my school really struggled with it.
ran out of time, didn't touch the last two questions :frown:

Felt sure I could have done those if I wasn't so slow! I am officially "slow processing" and they give me extra time, and it still wasn't enough!

I did lotsa practice papers over the past few days, plus hours upon hours of going through definitions and exampls and stuff, and I kinda feel like Will from the inbetweeners - I worked so hard and it hasn't paid off. Though at least I didn't **** myself.

I thought it was a relatively easy paper, as I said I could have done those quesions given more time. what are the boundaries usually? 62 seems pretty low.
Didn't get any chance to talk about it IRL
Original post by cleverslacker
ran out of time, didn't touch the last two questions :frown:

Felt sure I could have done those if I wasn't so slow! I am officially "slow processing" and they give me extra time, and it still wasn't enough!

I did lotsa practice papers over the past few days, plus hours upon hours of going through definitions and exampls and stuff, and I kinda feel like Will from the inbetweeners - I worked so hard and it hasn't paid off. Though at least I didn't **** myself.

I thought it was a relatively easy paper, as I said I could have done those quesions given more time. what are the boundaries usually? 62 seems pretty low.
Didn't get any chance to talk about it IRL

PH2 boundaries are usually between 54 and 61, depending on the difficulty of the paper.
Reply 10
it went really bad with me!! is the paper that we did yesterday up on the internet yet? if so where can i find it? also what do you have do get to pass it? hope everyone else found it alright ! :smile:
Reply 11
That was dreadful, I'm sure I've lost over 20 marks - mainly through rubbish explanations. I didn't like the mean days question and I even messed up on the frequency in the first question!
It feels down-heartening when you say the grade boundaries will be in the region of 60-62 haha
Original post by hornet_56
That was dreadful, I'm sure I've lost over 20 marks - mainly through rubbish explanations. I didn't like the mean days question and I even messed up on the frequency in the first question!
It feels down-heartening when you say the grade boundaries will be in the region of 60-62 haha

Its only an estimation :smile:

The response after the exam from my classmates was very varied, so the actual boundary might not even be close to that.

There was lots of scope for ecf in this exam so I don't think there's much need to worry about losing loads of marks for one little mistake, or such.
Reply 13
What did ppl get when they asked for the process when a photon with the right engery can across the amplyfiying medium??

What was the particle x on the last page? I put neutron
I wrote pumping initially, but then saw that the next question was about pumping - so I thought hmm.... Excitation? Then I wrote about that xD
As for the particle, if I recall correctly it was an Anti-electron Neutrino, might be wrong though.
Reply 15
Anti electron neutrino makes the interaction weak and its meant to be strong
What did you get for the distance the pulse travels through the fibre?
I remember something like 1600 or 16000 not sure though
Reply 18
Original post by Emissionspectra
What did you get for the distance the pulse travels through the fibre?

WHat did u get for particle x??
Reply 19
The pi+ decays into a positron and neutrino, the pi- into an electron and antineutrino.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

Quick Reply

Latest