The Student Room Group

OCR B F335 - Chemistry by Design - 13th June 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1260
Original post by Princess Kawaii
Yup..oh okay...I got that wrong then :s-smilie: haha

what did u get for the ratio question...was 7.14 right?

Sorry - I got 0.14 :s-smilie: but it's not even a ratio! :s-smilie:
Original post by InkyOne

yeah i got that too
Original post by Beffnaay
What did people get for the salt to acid ratio?!

1:8 maybe? i cant remember!
Original post by InkyOne

0.14 to 1 is equal to 1 to 7.14 (right?) so I think they are both technically right
Reply 1264
Original post by georgie94
0.14 to 1 is equal to 1 to 7.14 (right?) so I think they are both technically right

Yes.
Original post by aim28
I put -38, do you know what the right answer was??

The right answer is -38 i think. I have seen the paper today and looked through the questions and i am pretty sure that is what i put now as i have no clue how you could get +38. Looking back at the paper there were some tricky bits but it wasnt as bad as a first thought, lucky for me i think i have managed to fluke some answers.
Reply 1266
Original post by Dixie
so is everyone thinking that the grade boundaries will be low for this like 81 and below?

It was 80 for the january paper (I think- its definitely been 80 before anyway!) so I'm hoping lower (mid to high 70s??) as this was definitely a lot harder
Reply 1267
Original post by I failed badly
The right answer is -38 i think. I have seen the paper today and looked through the questions and i am pretty sure that is what i put now as i have no clue how you could get +38. Looking back at the paper there were some tricky bits but it wasnt as bad as a first thought, lucky for me i think i have managed to fluke some answers.

As you have looked at the paper can you put some of the middle questions on here!!! Or a mark scheme!!!
for the 3rd ionisation of Zn did we have to put the state symbol of gas because I completely forgot that!!!
Reply 1269
Original post by bertiejess
for the 3rd ionisation of Zn did we have to put the state symbol of gas because I completely forgot that!!!

I think so, it said 'include state symbols' and that really confused me... I think I put they were aqueous which is wrong but I had complete brain fade :colondollar:
Reply 1270
Original post by Princess Kawaii
can anyone explain how u were supposed to find the concnetration of Nitrogen using the Oxygen concentration?

And then for the ratio question what did people get?

I got 7.14 But I didnt write that and for some reason wrote 7:1 :s-smilie:

The concentration of oxygen worked out by doing 0.2 (parts of oxygen) divided by 24 and that gave 8.3.....
The nitrogen was found by doing 0.8 (ratio of 4:1) divide by 24 to give 3.3x10^-2 or something

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
hey, but off topic but does anyone do edexcel biology? is there a thread for the B5 exam...cant find one on here. Sorry for the hijack
Original post by master_blaster66
yeah i got that too

they asked for a ratio?! I just put down 0.14 thinking that's the right answer :O I think i'm blind. I didn't even read the question properly :frown:
Reply 1273
Original post by sunshinesmile10
hey, but off topic but does anyone do edexcel biology? is there a thread for the B5 exam...cant find one on here. Sorry for the hijack

22nd June?

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2005162&page=4&p=38129469&highlight=edexcel%20biology%20a2%20june%202012#post38129469

:biggrin:
Original post by InkyOne

i got 0.14:1 too but you should be fine because in past mark schemes the anwser was just one number not a ratio, which is wrong but at least you get the marks! :smile:
Reply 1275
Original post by 14loubylou
i got 0.14:1 too but you should be fine because in past mark schemes the anwser was just one number not a ratio, which is wrong but at least you get the marks! :smile:

Yeah, that's why i didn't put a ratio - did in the past but was marked down, but I think that was just my teacher being fussy...
Reply 1276
Who has got the paper then?
Reply 1277
well they did show you one divided by the other
lol, and here i am meant to be doing chemistry at imperial next year!

It is going to be sooo embarising when i dont get in for actually failing chemistry! :s-smilie:
about the ratio thing i looked at past papers and the correct answers were not ratios so i didn't put a ratio. Not that i knew how to do that even if i had to but i feel like 0.14 should be correct

Quick Reply

Latest