The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
!MEna
Yeah I got t = 8 too!

For the transformation question, did everyone put a stretch of the original graph y=2rootx by factor 1.5, parallel to the y-axis? It was worth three marks if I remember correctly?

yeah i got that, i put in the direction of the y-axis tho lol, all mean the same i hope
Reply 81
.Adrian.
question 4 is what please? or doesnt any1 remember

and yer i got a b and c the same :smile:

i think it was :
4 i) 10^p = 0.1
4 ii) (25k^2)^1/2 = something ( i cant remember this 1 properly)
4 iii) t^1/3 - 1/2 or sumthing like that
.Adrian.
i put in the y-direction but thats where i know i have lost mark i think

I think y-direction is fine, at least that's what it says in the core 3 and 4 textbook.
It was (25k^2)^(1/2) = 15.
Reply 84
i put in the y-direction but thats where i know i have lost mark i think n graph because i stupidly put it to (0,0) hopefully exam marker is blind lol
Oh I feel so much better now! :biggrin:

What do you guys think the grade boundaries will be like?

On some occasions it's gone as low as 56/72 for an A and it sometimes goes up to 60+/72...
Reply 86
it was in the y direction wasnt it?
Reply 87
^^ i put in y direction, which im sure is fine, as it is the same
and the lines were perpendicular!!!!!!
Reply 88
oh phew yer i put +-3 :smile: so so far ive lost a mark :P damn wanted to reach my schools 100% board lol
deathrow
^^ i put in y direction, which im sure is fine, as it is the same
and the lines were perpendicular!!!!!!
I'm pretty certain the lines weren't perpendicular...
!MEna
Oh I feel so much better now! :biggrin:

What do you guys think the grade boundaries will be like?

On some occasions it's gone as low as 56/72 for an A and it sometimes goes up to 60+/72...

I'm unsure, the paper seemed quite easy, but it seems like it's been conducive to quite a few mistakes, and the last question may have caused problems. I'm hoping for some low boundaries, that way I may just reach the 'cap' and get 100.
Reply 91
i think iv lots 3 marks now! hopefully no more than that now!
Reply 92
i thinl ive lost like 5marks..
Reply 93
i thinl ive lost like 5marks..
Reply 94
im hoping for 100 lol, so far i dont think i have anything wrong but i really rushed 5-7 lol so myt of made a silly mistake
Glutamic Acid
I'm unsure, the paper seemed quite easy, but it seems like it's been conducive to quite a few mistakes, and the last question may have caused problems. I'm hoping for some low boundaries, that way I may just reach the 'cap' and get 100.
I'll be happy with 90+, I'm not too bothered about getting full UMS. I must say though, most people at my school said they found the paper significantly harder than any of the past papers they've done, especially the 2007 series so I've got a feeling the grade boundaries will be lower than last year's if anything.
Reply 96
!MEna
Yeah I got t = 8 too!

For the transformation question, did everyone put a stretch of the original graph y=2rootx by factor 1.5, parallel to the y-axis? It was worth three marks if I remember correctly?

yep
Reply 97
:smile: hopefully it is like 58/72 because that is 80%
Reply 98
To get our marks scaled up to 100% what's the avg percentage been for previous years?
Reply 99
and i did the 2007 core papers (doing resits to bump up grade to A) and i found this one was easier in my opinion. Last year's was torture, with that horrible circle uestion and omg the last question lol

Latest