The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Let me think. Run of the mill, poorly made ugly **** box, of which every one I've ever known has had numerous problems or beautifull crafted, solid as a rock dream machine of which every one I've known has run like a dream.

Difficult choice that!
£2100 insurance on a 1.7?

I get the feeling this is a troll.

Sorry if I am wrong.
Reply 3
Depends on the price.
If similar; A3 every day of the week.
Although insurance would probably be significantly more.
Reply 4
2100? for 1.7 + Trolling
Wasteman!
Reply 5
mackemforever
£2100 insurance on a 1.7?

I get the feeling this is a troll.

Sorry if I am wrong.

Your defo right dude
Reply 6
How is it trolling?

2100 seems like a reasonable quote if he's in a particularly crime free area.
Reply 7
likely on his dads policy, I've receive quotes for skoda fabia 1.9tdi for only 2200, it's not all about engine size, but only £2100 is fairly believable really.
Reply 8
Erm he could be 25 for all you know.
Reply 9
A 1.7cdti Astra is only group 4 or 6 (depending on whether it is 80 bhp or 100/110 respectively).
£2100 is by no means cheap for such a car even at 17 so I'm not sure what all the claims of troll are about.
Reply 10
jjdcfc
A 1.7cdti Astra is only group 4 or 6 (depending on whether it is 80 bhp or 100/110 respectively).
£2100 is by no means cheap for such a car even at 17 so I'm not sure what all the claims of troll are about.

Mainly from idiot 17 year olds who don't know anything about it.

Common theme on here!
Reply 11
A3, and £2100 for insurance is possible. I passed my test 6months ago and my insurance is like £600, but then again I bought my old clunky car for £50, and plus maybe cuz im older than 17
Reply 12
It's funny how people look at engine size as if it's the only thing insurance companies think about. The 1.7 in an astra is a diesel and typically less desired by the mcdonalds crew, therefore less risk and cheaper to insure.

Personally I'd have gone for the Audi as it feels better built and more comfortable but to be honest you can't really go wrong with either as a first car.
Reply 13
Yeah, I was once asked to choose between at Audi A3 and an M5. All my friends said the Audi was better so I picked that.
I’d have gone with the A3 but that’s only personal preference. I prefer comfortable, well built cars to GM products.

Also you’re going to look a little less blue collar to your next girlfriend and her father when you pull up to collect her in an Audi rather than a Vauxhall.
Reply 15
Just passed. I'd say your a 17 year old teen who is either still in school and planning to go uni or looking for a job. Either way ur tight on cash so go for the cheaper option.
Reply 16
Im not trolling. Im going under my mums insurance and shes got 11 years no claims thats why. anyway im getting the astra 2007 though for 6500. its so nice. insurance is gone down to 1600 because on admiral if u insure ur other cars then u get discount and two of our cars are under that so wooooop
Reply 17
I drive a 2.0 c30 sport and my insurance is 1500 on my parents policy. The po po dont check innit xx
Reply 18
Jagurz007
Im not trolling. Im going under my mums insurance and shes got 11 years no claims thats why. anyway im getting the astra 2007 though for 6500. its so nice. insurance is gone down to 1600 because on admiral if u insure ur other cars then u get discount and two of our cars are under that so wooooop

Well done on not taking the advice of everyone.

Enjoy your GM **** box.
Reply 19
Jagurz007

Youre getting the astra? are you mentally disabled?? my friend has a black A3 05 sport back 1.6 and it is pretty nippy. PLUS girls are going to prefer an audi over a vauxhall..xx

LOL whoever positive repped me with the quote "your the one whose retarded" thanks. Although I assume you meant to negative rep me :smile: xxx